• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Introductions and Pending Forum Member Approval

Hello! I'm from Utah, looking to be part of the 501st Alpine Garrison starting with a Revan kit. I'm joining the 501st because I love Star Wars, and being able to help out others while being part of something I love sounds like a win-win situation.

I'm still getting a feel for the forums. Is there a specific place I can post for guidance with building Revan?

Edited by Haraidric

On 10/6/2022 at 4:53 PM, Haraidric said:

Hello! I'm from Utah, looking to be part of the 501st Alpine Garrison starting with a Revan kit. I'm joining the 501st because I love Star Wars, and being able to help out others while being part of something I love sounds like a win-win situation.

I'm still getting a feel for the forums. Is there a specific place I can post for guidance with building Revan?

Apologies for delay, I've been swamped with a week-long troop that ended this Saturday. You'll want to post here:

https://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-darth-revan/

Hello! Nadja (Dz 76300) from Sweden here.

I am a member of Swedish Garrison, buy only since august.

Currently having a Jawa, and now I am looking to build a Darth Traya.

I joined the 501st since I of course love star wars, but also love all about the great work we all so.

Started out as a support about two years, bur now a proud member.

Edited by Nadja82

3 minutes ago, Nadja82 said:

Hello! Nadja (Dz 76300) from Sweden here.

I am a member of Swedish Garrison, buy only since august.

Currently having a Jawa, and now I am looking to build a Darth Traya.

I joined the 501st since I of course love star wars, but also love all about the great work we all so.

Started out as a support about two years, bur now a proud member.

Welcome! Here's the Traya section!

https://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/forum/90-darth-traya/

• Like 1

Hello Darksiders: I wanted to do a quick post to introduce myself, I am Matt. I am excited to be joining this community, everyone has been very helpful. I am joining the Dune Sea Garrison as a Revan, and also a TK from Rogue One. I am so optimistic that this community will accept me and work with me to be my very best.  I became the most seriously sold on joining the 501st and my local garrison because of the charity events.  

I am a Psychology teacher and football coach in Gilbert, Arizona.  I am a doctoral student in applied sports psychology. I am also a competitive pistol shooter. If you are in the Dune Sea Garrison and can reply to this, I’d love to get to know my garrison peeps as well as everyone else.

PS-If anyone can help make my profile picture fit, you get bonus points!

Edited by CoachLewis

Hello! My name is Steph (DZ 77222) and I am from Mexico. I just have been approved days ago. I am a member of the Mexican Garrison and the Imperial City Squad. My approved costume is Doctor Aphra red vest A and I am currently building a Bo Katan mandalorian version costume.

I am very excited to be part of this detachment! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Hello, my name is Ruben.  I am so very new to this that I do not really know much about anything.  I grew up watching star wars (when episode 4 first came out in 1977, yes, I'm old).  I have always been a fan and never knew any of this existed until my son got involved.  My son is part of the 501st, he is a stormtrooper.  I wanted to get involved so we could do this together so he asked me to pick a costume I liked.  I am going to do Darth Revan.  I do not have a lot of time to make my own so I am trying to buy as much of my costume complete as I can.  I have been reading the forums a bit trying to get a little information on the costume and do have some questions/comments.

Basic costume - It seems like wicked armor is the go to for what I am looking for so I will probably start there unless you can steer me in a better direction.  https://wickedarmor.com/collections/revan

I am a bit unclear on the pants -  the description of what I need seems very vague.  "The pants are black material with no decorative embellishments"  https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_revan.         Is it just any pair of black pants?  Any certain type of material or style?

Boots seem straightforward in the explanation but I am not sure the best technique to get the black leather to have the silvery-grey weathering

Saber - This seems like the hardest to find a match.  Many web sites offer various version and some come close.  Does the "Savior" saber from Ultrasabers qualify as one I can use?  https://ultrasabers.com/product/savior/image.png.938b7aa4758ae2c9fe8d86c50f5bffe3.png

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

One more question, how do I know what Garrison I should be joining?  Sorry for the noob questions, but I am very much the definition of a noob here.  Lastly, if any of this post is in the wrong place, please forgive me and nudge me to the right spot.

Thank you!!

Hello everybody!

My name is Jan and i am from the Netherlands. I started on a Sith Acolyte costume. Its about 50% done now. I want to join the 501st (dutch garrison).. but for That my costume needs to be ready and approved.

hopfully it will..

posting some pictures later.

Greetings...

Hi there 

My name is Gary and 501st member with the Empire City Garrison (ECG) since 2016. The Tusken Raider ANH was my first approved costume. I then joined the Rebel Legion in 2017 with my Tusken 

The detachments:

Imperial Gunnery 

Krayt clan

The approved costumes:

DZ- Tusken 

IC - Imperial Crew

IN - Imperial Navy

IG - Imperial Gunner

TK and TD that needs approval.

I am now in the process of doing an Asharad Hett.

I work as a teaching assistant with special needs students. Star Wars has been my first exposure to sci- fi films as a kid.

Hi my name is Barry. I'm from the Philadelphia area of PA. I am in the process of joining the 501st Garrison Carida. I am currently starting my Asajj Ventress Betrayed. I'm a member of the MMCC and have been wanting to join the 501st with Ventress. I'm looking forward to all the advice and help I can get here. :D Thank you for the add! 

Edited by barryhicks

Greetings all. I think I posted here awhile ago but either way I’m with the Florida Garrison and starting a Doctor Aphra for my daughter…who is also 501st approved already.

we both had Tie Pilots and I’m in the mercs as well. 

Greetings all, TKID13255 reporting from the Dine Sea Garrison. I currently have ANH Tusken in both the the 501st and Rebel Legion and I am also in the Mando Mercs. I just started A’Sharad Hett. It is at the beginning stages with fabric acquired and dropped off to the seamstress. Leather working is at the very beginning as well. Thanks for having me and look forward to trooping.

On 1/17/2023 at 10:34 AM, Derpatron said:

Greetings all, TKID13255 reporting from the Dine Sea Garrison. I currently have ANH Tusken in both the the 501st and Rebel Legion and I am also in the Mando Mercs. I just started A’Sharad Hett. It is at the beginning stages with fabric acquired and dropped off to the seamstress. Leather working is at the very beginning as well. Thanks for having me and look forward to trooping.

Welcome Steve! Glad you found us!

Hi all, 

mine name is Marjolein and a member of the Dutch Garrison, I have two costumes officer and a sandtrooper.
mine next costume will be Darth Maladi, I will start soon to make it so thank you for the add om this forum 😊

Greetings from Belgium! I'm Rem, aka TI-40451. I love the EU so much it's unreal, so I decided to make each of my project a character related to the good old EU.  My newly validated TIE pilot costume is a 181st pilot from the Rogue Squadron comics, btw. 

If I'm here now, it's for one of my favorite characters, Darth Nihilus.  I have never sewn in my life, and I hope to be able to find all the information to embark on this wonderful adventure!

Hi everyone!

I hope this this the right place to post but wanted to introduce myself.
I’m Tj and not yet a member of the 501st but passionately working on it! I’m from Colorado Springs Colorado so will be part of the Mountain garrison once approved

I’m obsessed with Asajj and currently have a Clone wars Ventress WIP.

I have made the mythos Asajj based off the statue that maybe one day could get approved as a new costume. (I’ll attach pics below). I learned how to sew just for that cosplay and it was my very first build and now I’m obsessed.

I’m hoping to get my clone wars WIP approved then build the bounty hunter Asajj! I really look forward to connecting with all my fellow mega Star Wars nerds
2abe0e24c70c0f2a8402c5940dbe92fb.jpg
156bbd228678574c951b05c2cf4688a7.jpg
d441957c47bc8fe5dfd980a8469dbf7b.jpg
99570f1d31717854ab8a3eaa2ca3fdb0.jpg

Hi guys. I'm Indra from Jakarta, Indonesia. Wanted to join 501st since long ago but due to my work and stuff got delayed for years. If I m approved, i will be at Garuda Garrison Indonesia

I currently working on Nihilus COTF, got the glove, belt but still working on the others. 

Im still confused on what material to use for the tunic and sleeves 😅😅😅

Hi! So happy to be part of The Flagship Eclipse! I am from Hot Springs, Arkansas USA. My husband and I are members of the Diamond Garrison. I just got my Darth Traya approved. We joined the 501st because we share a love for Star Wars and enjoy going to the events and being around other fans of Star Wars. 

Hello! I'm Elly from Atlanta, GA!

Super excited to have my first 501st approved costume as Mara Jade's black bodysuit. I've been a member of Rebel Legion's Bespin Base for a little over a year with my two Ahsoka Tano costumes and am excited to be a part of Georgia Garrison now with this new costume! It's also my first cross approved costume, with it being approved for Saber Guild, The Dark Empire and Rebel Legion in addition to the 501st. 

Denise from Ohio. I'm hooked up with the Arch City Squad of the Ohio Garrison. I've already built an Armorer (Mandalorian) costume that I retired last month after getting Emily Swan to sign the breastplate, and I'm patterning out my Mother Talzin (TCW) costume now. I'm looking to get involved with the 501st to make my build official and to get into some charity work.

Edit: Apparently after posting here I can create topics on main pages, but I can't start a thread in the Dark Side Adepts CRL Proposals and Updates forum unless it's to reply to an established post. I need to start a new discussion. Am I supposed to apply for special clearance for that, or am I just too eager and the system will update eventually?

Edited by Evil Empryss

Hello there 🙂

Greetings from Norwegian garrison!

I have 4 approved costumes allready (imperial officers and Boba Fett ROTJ hero)

I joined 501st Norwegian garrison cos I  allways have loved star wars and I am a huge fan!. And the fact that we are making our own costumes and doing charity obviously 😊

I am planning to make Darth nihilus KOTOR II (allready started on the skirt)

Does anyone here have a good referance on The "Obi"? Any good pictures?

And also anyone have any tips on the Cowl ? 

Thanx in advance 

Hello All!

I'm Brian from the Bloodfin Garrison in the U.S. state of Indiana. I joined the Legion in early January with my stormtrooper (Imperial Shock Trooper) and I am currently working on a second stormtrooper costume!

I don't think my desire to build costumes will be sated following the completion of my current stormtrooper build, so I am here to explore the many costumes in the Flagship Eclipse! I am amazed with Elodya's Darth Zash, so that may be the costume I pursue, but as I mentioned I am exploring! 

Great to be here!