• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Ganner Krieg, Imperial Knight

The Clone Emperor

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous
:D

you can always talk to me at events, no problem, I'm used to it :P

ok ^^ but I hadn't had time.... allways on duty (or hungry ^^) 8) oO

Guest Anonymous
:D

you can always talk to me at events, no problem, I'm used to it :P

ok ^^ but I hadn't had time.... allways on duty (or hungry ^^) 8) oO

CHINEESSE!!!! :lol:

Jedi-Con 2008 in D?sseldorf was a wonderful international event. I had a great tyme and truly enjoyed the opportunity to meet with Flagship members from around the globe.

2487537130101434745fcmkIB_th.jpg

(This is an image from mio amico Fabrizio's gallery. I'm still processing my images from the weekend.)

I wanted to share this image from the latest expansion to the Star Wars Miniatures game, Legacy of the Force;

WizardsGannerKrieg.jpg

This is Imperial Knight 20/60 (Ganner Krieg.) He stands at 1 3/8" (3.5 cm.) The set also includes Antares Draco, and Imperial Knight 21/60 (Sigel Dare.) I am proud to call this piece Micro-Me.

May all your roles for initiative be high,

Thomas

I'd like to share a neat update on this project;

Legacy23.jpg

As a precursor to the second Legacy story arc involving the Imperial Knights, Ganner Krieg makes an appearance in the twenty-third issue. Just over a month before, per artist Jan Duursema's request, I sent in a number of stationary, combat, and piloting poses in costume.

While my physical appearance had served as the model for the character, this was the first tyme my actual costume was used as reference by the artist. I find Jan's completed line art transformation of the images to be magical.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest Anonymous

That's so cool! :wink::twisted:

After hanging out with a comic book artist for many, MANY years, it's always neat to see how they translate something into a drawing! :twisted: Be it you or a piece from their collection, it always looks neat drawn out, comic book style! 8)

I am honoured and thrilled to share this appearance of Ganner Krieg;

l_7c3af69e00db44ecb7bdf0cf0aef3434.jpg

Illustration by Joe Corroney for Topps Star Wars Galaxy Series 4

Imperial Knight Ganner Krieg as modeled by Thomas Spanos

To see the image in context click here.

Keep an eye out on Joe's message board. You might just spy a couple more familiar faces from our corner of the Expanded Universe.

My Imperial Knight Progress

I plan to rework my own armour, every piece, in the coming year. I want to reform aspects of it for a better fit. I want to cast the pieces in red resin and fibreglass. I will chrome the Imperial Logos. Undersuit will receive special attention, and I will finally complete my own Imperial Knight lightsabre. (It is important to me that I craft it myself.)

For now,

DC_XXII243.jpg

Be well,

Thomas

Good evening,

I am still trying to improve my suit to the point that I can submit it for Legion approval. There are just a few details that I consider to be outstanding, but I will need those to be corrected, especially if I mean to get the suit by the next LMO. If the elections go the way it looks now, it will not be easy to get this approved.

For NYCC, I remade the cape with twice as much fabric and in a richer twill. I re-sewed the shirt for comfort and heat dispersal. I dyed and applied a hair track to my own pony tail for body, and reworked the closure system on the breast plate.

It was a pleasure to visit with Jan Duursema and family at this year's convention. Tom and Jan were especially kind in looking out for me when I was light-headed. (It is all too easy to forget proper hydration and nutrient requirements in the thick of such an exciting event.)

One of the ladies I met at the show last year, aka Zammap, made an animated gif of myself as Ganner Krieg from footage taken this past weekend;

gannerbig.gif

It will be a while before my NYCC 2009 gallery is up, but I look forward to sharing the images when it is.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest Anonymous

His majesty is both awesome as a costumer and impressive in presence.

In short, he has few equals and no competitors to match his incredible skills and remarkable ability.

I mean, how many people have their own action figure? Seriously.

And yes I just discovered there Ganner Krieg has his action figure. I mean, honestly, how many people do you meet that you think "wow, this guy is so cool I bet he must have his own Star Wars figure"? :shock:

It just doesn't happen on a typical Friday afternoon. To be fair, there is nothing typical about His Majesty.

Oh well. I'll just call myself very fortunate to have crossed swords with such a prestigious person!

Okay, so I'm bit awestruck. Sue me. Not like he wears a button "I'm famous". It sooooo would have helped. :cry: