• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Ganner Krieg, Imperial Knight

The Clone Emperor

Guest Anonymous

Costume looks great, clone emp. Although (and I dont mean to be picky) I thought that the imperial knights wore hooded capes. This may have only been in one instance and my mistake though.

I have the tpb, "Broken" and I was pretty sure that in the scene where the Imperial Knights first confront the sith they have theyre hoods up. I cant find a pic online, Im at work now but I can scan it when i get home. Like I said though this may have been instance specific, Im not sure if they have hoods all the time or just in that one scene.

Anyway, the costume looks sweet either way.

Peace,

-DC

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Cosplayer? Well, I guess in a way we're all cosplayers, but l always thought of a cosplayer as some one in an anime/manga costume. Would that term refer to us?

BTW: Your costume looks great.

Guest Anonymous

Starmag,

I was spurred by your post to investigate and clear up the confusion regarding COSPLAY.

For this I will refer you all to urbandictionary and dictionary.com

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cosplay

http://www.acronymfinder.com/acronym.aspx?rec={67BCBF17-C333-4418-8892-5F113146E021}

BLUF: Cosplay is nothing more than Costume Play - and is not specific to Anime or Manga. It can also incorporate Sci-fi characters, but specifically characters from video games. (one theme seems to suggest the process of bringing a 2D character into a 3D creation...

There are some pretty funny reasons posted on urban dictionary for why one might cosplay.

Check it out - its pretty funny...heres a tidbit to give you an idea...

"For every 7 good cosplays there is one that someone did without putting any effort into. Those crappy cosplays are the ones that are shown on message boards and posted around everywhere. These $!&* cosplays are what give the rest of the cosplayers a bad name."

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the clear up. Good to know my account on one of those cosplay sites still has merit.

"For every 7 good cosplays there is one that someone did without putting any effort into. Those crappy cosplays are the ones that are shown on message boards and posted around everywhere. These $!&* cosplays are what give the rest of the cosplayers a bad name."

oh yeah, I can think of a couple of these guys. lol

Good afternoon,

I wanted to share images that friend my Patrick Riley took of my Imperial Knight suit this weekend for the 2007 Rebelscum Halloween Costume Contest;

Imperial_Knight_Ganner_Krieg_2_by_TheCloneEmperor.jpg

Imperial_Knight_Ganner_Krieg_3_by_TheCloneEmperor.jpg

This tyme around I have added paint detailing to the armour to help "pop" the contours. I am attempting to perfect the armour for next year.

Be well,

Thomas

A wonderful costume portrayed with wonderful photograpy... you just can't go wrong with that!

My favorite image is on the bottom right. It captures that "Actually, he forbade it" sense of humor that Ganner has shown in the comics.

Well done!

Pam :-)

Love the shoot....all the pics look great.

I personally like the lower-left one the best...i simply love how the light is being reflected in the armor.

Are you still going to do a lighter weight version?

...Greatly simplified my process is as follows;

1. Create the sculpture, often in clay.

2. Send images to friends and authorities for critique

3. Adjust as necessary

4. Add mold walls to the sculpture--also in clay, applied with as much care as with which the sculpture was made.

5. Create a mold in Plaster of Paris

6. Remove the sculpture from the mold. If the mold came out well, I roll the remains of the sculpt into a ball of clay on the spot. It is a ritual signifying that I trust that the next steps will yield fruit. (I would not recommend it.)

7. Clean the mold, and fill in any air pockets that may have formed. For this I use clay. Sometymes I also sand the edges of the mold....

Hi Thomas, I don't know if you remember me, but I wore Kyle Katarn for CIV. I am attempting to create a Rahm Kota for D*C08 and CV. I have never done any sculpting, mold-making, or casting, and there were a couple of things about your described process that elude me.

Re: Step 1 above, what did you use to reinforce your duct-tape mannequin (DTM) so it would hold shape while you applied the clay for the armor plates?

Did you plaster-cast the whole shebang while the clay was still on the DTM?

Re: Step 4, what are "mold walls?"

Many thanks for your help, Maestro. I am being driven, albeit slowly and methodically, into new crafting territory by this costume... 8)

1_bg.jpg

~ Bill Costigan

I have the most exciting news. But I cannot share the image until after Toyfare.

I am simply aglow.

More to come.

I'm shivering with antici.....................pation. :P

Can't wait for the "reveal" of said news. :twisted:

I just spoke with my artist friend to tell her the news. She then told me about another product, showing up on ebay even now.

My news I can code as;

1. Mini me.

Lady JD's news I can code as:

2. Mini mini me.

PS

(try looking under Legacy of the Force)

Greetings Sofie,

Please do share the images when your custom is complete.

?Will you be attending Jedi-Con n D?sseldorf next month? Perhaps we can meet then.

Be well,

Thomas

This is a lot like the story of Pinocchio only in reverse.

Habro_Ganner_Krieg.jpg

Experience has taught me to be very cautious in what I post. But with the images and reports for Toyfare, I think I can safely assume that this "news" is confirmed.

Story of events as I understand it;

1. Jan Duursema created the visual appearance of the Imperial Knights.

2. She chose me to model for Ganner Krieg because she thought I was a good fit for the character.

3. I then made my costume because--well gosh I kinda had to.

4. Hasbro told Doug Wrangler* and I about the intent to make the Imperial Knight action figures at Celebration IV.

5. This past Friday Hasbro sent me a preview image.

The fact that Hasbro sent me the above image at all was a show of courtesy. I know Jan sent images of me along with other reference material to the Hasbro design team, but the character rights go to LFL, naturally. I'm just stoked to know my part behind the scenes.

Be well,

Thomas

*Jan's model for Imperial Knight Antares Draco.

Guest Anonymous

Just wow.

Thomas, I don't believe congratulations can even begin to cover being immortalized in print and now in plastic, but I'll say it anyway;

Congratulations!

Guest Anonymous

OMG that's sooo cool! Way cooler than a custom 8) and it looks very good too! I hope I can get it somewhere online very soon. Here in belgium finding hasbro figs is so hard.

They really did their best.

Love it.

Do you have kneepads too on your costume? Euhm why is the saber red? And the belt isn't that correct either, seems like the little parts are silver here instead of leather. Argh, worked too much on the costume :-)

Greetings Sofie,

Please do share the images when your custom is complete.

?Will you be attending Jedi-Con n D?sseldorf next month? Perhaps we can meet then.

Be well,

Thomas

I will as soon as I can work on it...

You're at Jedi-con? Oh no! I just cancelled... the price is too high, the guests not interesting enough, I'm not buying much merchandise anymore because I'm a poor student... although it's just 2 hours driving from here... It' been the opening of the Star Wars exhibition this weekend and the belgian SW fanclub has a meeting in two weeks, my scheme is a bit too full I fear.

Argh damn, this sucks. It would've been great to meet you and to make some photographs together. I totally didn't expect you to come. Have fun there!

Guest Anonymous
You're at Jedi-con? Oh no! I just cancelled... the price is too high, the guests not interesting enough, I'm not buying much merchandise anymore because I'm a poor student... although it's just 2 hours driving from here... It' been the opening of the Star Wars exhibition this weekend and the belgian SW fanclub has a meeting in two weeks, my scheme is a bit too full I fear.

damn.... I hoped I could meet you there... we hadn't the chance to talk at the Exhibition last weekend. I only saw you outside and in costume.... Perhaps the next time ^^ I'd love to see the costume in detail...

@Thomas. glad to hear you're coming to Germany again! I hope I can make many Photos of you in your Imperial Knight Armor....

Guest Anonymous

OH! You were there? And who are you then? (lol) There were so many nice people at the expo, I can't remember to whom I spoke to even now 2 days after the event :P

Guest Anonymous
OH! You were there? And who are you then? (lol) There were so many nice people at the expo, I can't remember to whom I spoke to even now 2 days after the event :P

I was one of the Guards... the big one ^^

But I think we only met at the chinese restaurant in the line... Oo