• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Ganner Krieg, Imperial Knight

The Clone Emperor

It took all weekend, but I finally assembled most of the parts of my Imperial Knight armour. The final solutions were academic, but it took two days of staring at the pieces, testing different attachment schemes, checking the results with a mirror, cursing when a piece would fall off, and visiting the hardware store. It is a process;

IKS8f.jpg

IKS8g.jpg

I'm actually mildly surprised the pieces are fitting together as designed.

Good night and be well,

Thomas

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Mr., those pix took my breath away!!!! :o:twisted:

You look Bloody FANTASTIC!!!! :twisted::D:twisted::D:twisted:

Can't wait to see ya fully garbed!!! :twisted: You're gonna' look stunning!!! :twisted::twisted:

Only 4 more days!!! :twisted::twisted::twisted:

I'll see ya Thur. evening!!! :wink:

Guest Anonymous

Thomas That is truly amazing :shock: . awe-inspiring. once i saw that, i immeiately wanted to go work on my armor. you know what, i think ill do just that... :twisted:

Guest Anonymous

I have mixed feelings about this thread. I had planned to do my own sculpt of Imperial Knight armour, but I could never do this good a job. Plus, I'm currently taxing myself with sculpts for Storm Commando and Crimson Empire Royal Guard armour, and I probably wouldn't get my IK done to this standard until retirement age. *sadface*

You're an inspiration, Thomas -- but I'm not sure for what... ;)

--Jonah

Guest Cleverlilminx

Thomas, once again fantastic work.

I'm starting to regret not being able to go to D*C this year so I can see this in person.

I can't wait to see the finished costume now. :D

Guest Anonymous

Believe me folks, noooooo pictures can do this outfit justice! You've GOT to see it/Him, in person!!!!! :shock::wink::twisted::twisted::twisted:8)

img0470wo4.jpg

Ganner Krieg- before the parade Sat morning

& Peregrinus, I'll tell you before Thomas beats me to it, please finish your IK armor, WHEN YOU CAN!!!!!

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate, at the moment.... Please don't rush any of that wonderful armor you're working on!!!! :wink:

Guest Anonymous

From what I have been hearing it is not yet cleared. I have a pretty good argument in favor of it though in case a defense for it is needed!

Guest Cleverlilminx
From what I have been hearing it is not yet cleared. I have a pretty good argument in favor of it though in case a defense for it is needed!

Trust me I am aware of the current situation.

:wink:

Guest Anonymous

oookay - i must have missed that hint in your last post then. i was under the impression you were asking that question legitimately

Good morning Flagship Eclipse,

Thank you all again for the continued support.

I suited up a mannequin in my Imperial Knight armour (wip) for the ACME prop party this weekend;

IKS9a.jpgIKS9b.jpg

This gave me a chance to inspect the amour's presence and assembled details.

Now one week out of Dragon*Con, I have found some nice images of myself as Ganner Krieg. (Over 500 images to sort through on my own camera and I have but a few images of my own suit, those in the occasional shot with a friend.)

This image is from Scott aka "Aviator Vader";

GannerKrieg01a.jpg

And these are from the flickr account of "Patcave";

GannerKrieg01b.jpg

GannerKrieg01c.jpg

GannerKrieg01d.jpg

GannerKrieg01e.jpg

I don't consider the suit finished. I'd like to resculpt and cast the right upper bell for better alignment, then make master molds of the entire suit of armour to produce a production quality piece.

I plan to turn my own sabre hilt, and work with a local custom boot maker to complete the bootwear. I will need to retailor the undersuit.

Ideally, this set of armour should not be worn. It is made of bondo and fibre glass, painted red. It should be used to make master molds from which more managable, light weight gel-coated pieces could be pulled. I hope to do just this. But, wearing the wip "masters" gave me valuable experience in just how the pieces worked together, and what I can improve.

Be well,

Thomas

PS

I had the mixxed blessing of finding my name associated to a Wikipedia entry for Imperial Knight Ganner Krieg. The well meaning editor correctly mentioned my modeling for the character, but then referred to me as a...cosplayer. I much prefer to be acknowledged as a sculptor or an artist over a...cosplayer. Funny world.

I don't edit Wikipedia.

To edit Wikipedia is frowned upon by my employer, The Encyclopaedia Britannica.

Being that anyone can write whatever they feel like, that the author of a book can have her own entry rewritten by a well meaning fan, I also see that any attempt at correction in Wikipedia may be overwritten.

Besides, it assumes me to see just how my strange actions are interpretted by others. I don't think it would be very sporting to edit an entry on myself.

Be well,

Thomas