• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

CW Ventress - proposition for standards

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we've got the standards pretty close to being finished. There are details here and there that need to be touched up, but that's just wording. (I hate wording!) We know what the costume looks like. There's a big push right now to complete the legion CRL project, so most of my free time (and some that wasn't quite free) has been going toward that project. I'm focusing for now on the standards that are already complete so that they can be submitted to the legion. Once those are done, I'll turn toward this set of standards again.... but for now it isn't a top priority because there are no approved CW Ventress costumes, so it's not a legion costume yet.

Pam :-)

There's a big push right now to complete the legion CRL project

I really have to wonder where this idea comes from.

Folk seem complain and moan about things that are patently none of their concern when they do not have costume work of their own to attend too. That is nature.

The Legion has been around for over a decade. For ten years we have evaluated costumes, and I dare contend that the quality level has been very consistent.

Currently we have two complete visual CRL, and a third almost perfected;

102_example_tn.jpg

This is my third term as the 501st Legion Membership Officer. I am requesting CRL entries one at a tyme. It can take over a week just to format and perfect the basic images--after a given DL has handed them over.

I will take what I can get as it becomes available, but I have requested all Detachment Leaders please concentrate on one unit for (the Legion CRL project) at a tyme. I have also asked that CRL entries for units that have less than five approved members be given to lower priority. (Such as Imperial Knights.)

The Flagship Eclipse, the chief units are Mara Jade, Darth Revan, Darth Nihilus, followed by Visas Marr. If there is a perceived "push" let it be to get 1 one these illustrated and formatted to meet the 2007 CRL entry example. Please. Pretty please?

Anyone who wants to help is invited.

As far as this unit, the CW Ventress is concerned, you have my complete support. Given the opportunity, I will approve the lady's costume that inspired this thread for 501st inclusion. The costume is well executed and the research is thorough. Furthermore, I am impressed by the photography accompanying her project. For a CRL entry I would ask for detail shots of all costume elements against a light background. (Please click on Darth Maul above for an example.)

While a Costume Reference Library entry for the Clone Wars version of Asajj Ventress is way low on priorities for the project, if interested parties have the will to provide the images and wording, their effort will be put to use.

If anyone else wants to help with the priority units, please coordinate with our beloved Pam.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest Anonymous

Hi, I'm working on a CW Ventress because I like this version of her costume best. How do I submit it as an entry for 501st approval when I've completed it and would it be considered formal status? I plan to complete this costume no matter what but would love to try to get approval if possible. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, I'm working on a CW Ventress because I like this version of her costume best. How do I submit it as an entry for 501st approval when I've completed it and would it be considered formal status? I plan to complete this costume no matter what but would love to try to get approval if possible. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

If you are already a member of the 501st, then you'd just send pictures of your costume to your local GML, and they'll take care of presenting the costume for approval. If you aren't a member yet, then you'll need to fill out the application on the 501st main website. The application would be forwarded to your local GML, and once agan you'd be sending them pictures of your costume, which they woudl then submit for approval.

There is no "formal/informal" status in the 501st, that's a Rebel Legion thing. All costumes in the 501st must be based on the reference images; you can't "customize" them like RL informal costumes.

I would suggest that you should share pictures of your progress here on the forum. That way you can get input from others who know the costume, so you'll know when it's ready to be submitted for approval.

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Thank you all!

Yesterday (wed) morning this package was waiting at our kitchen table for SL-9826 when she woke up...

IMG_2116.jpg