• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Nihilus KOTOR by Sez

Guest Sarah1968

Guest Sarah1968

Once I have made some final tweaks, I'll post up the pics here to ensure that they meet the FE standards, then it's off to my local GML.

Regards

Sez.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only really seeing 2 things right now.

1. The gloves look to be too long to me. Should be about midway up your forearm instead of all the way to your elbow.

2. The "horns" or "crown" isn't correctly shaped at present. They're uneven and not tight enough, check out the game image and the way the fabric is rendered to have the bends and creases around the front of the horn area.

Guest Sarah1968

1. The gloves look to be too long to me. Should be about midway up your forearm instead of all the way to your elbow.

2. The "horns" or "crown" isn't correctly shaped at present. They're uneven and not tight enough, check out the game image and the way the fabric is rendered to have the bends and creases around the front of the horn area.

Cool. This is excellent news and definitely things I can fix without too much hassle.

Thank you Scottrooper for your advice.

Regards

Sarah.

Guest Sarah1968

Cool. This is excellent news and definitely things I can fix without too much hassle.

Thank you Scottrooper for your advice.

Regards

Sarah.

Okay, I'm currently working on trimming the length of my gloves about 7-8 cms so they finish half way up my forearm. I'm having a friend of mine who's handy in the sewing dept help me out.

Regarding the head piece, I've attached a couple of pics for your review. They have both been brightened up deliberately to show the pinches and positions of the cowl and ears/horns. The first pic is how I believe they should be, and the second is how the headpiece currently is.

Please confirm that I'm on the right track before I go ahead and make changes to the headpiece.

Kind regards

Sarah.

Guest Sarah1968

The top of the head is actually quite square and flat too although you can't really see it in the photos. Concentrating on getting the front right first.

As always, advice is appreciated.

Regards

Sarah.

Guest Sarah1968

I'm back with some changes.

Have adjusted the length of the gloves and made the cowl drop and ears stick up a bit more. Would like your advice before resubmitting new approval pics to my Garrison

Kind regards

Sarah.

EDIT:

Please note the pieces running down the side of the mask - these simply need to be tucked in behind the black mask under the white one. No biggie.

Also, as the issue with my costume seemed to be the gloves, ears and cowl only, do I simply resubmit the pictures shown here to my Garrison, or do I need to submit an entire new set? Please clarify. Thanks for the advice.

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

I thnk this is looking great!! You have put so much work in to this! It is really paying off... CAN'T WAIT TO TROOP WITH NIHILUS!!!

Guest Nihilus

Congratz Sarah so happy you were able to get your numbers. :) wish I had been so lucky.. wont be able to reply for my numbers again till next year sometime.. got total scrap my cat ears now :x