• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Nihilus KOTOR by Sez

Guest Sarah1968

Guest Sarah1968

Slight hiccup.

Had to return my personal soundtrack shirt from ThinkGeek - faulty.

They're usually pretty good with replacements, which is what I'm after, so perhaps another month before that's up and running.

Hanging in there!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nihilus
Slight hiccup.

Had to return my personal soundtrack shirt from ThinkGeek - faulty.

They're usually pretty good with replacements, which is what I'm after, so perhaps another month before that's up and running.

Hanging in there!

That sucks about your soundtrack shirt being faulty.. hope the replacement one works out well for you Sarah. If you don't mind me asking how much did it cost you all up for the shirt? if you don't like posting here could you PM here or send me a msg on FB.

Cause I seen someone here in Australia on ebay selling them but they want over $60 for them :(

Gloves arrived today - it's all happening!!

It's difficult to tell in the photographs, but those look like fabric "opera" gloves. If so, they probably will not be approved for the costume. The gloves that the Sith Lords wear are sturdy leather (or pleather) gloves, rather than delicate fabric. Like I joke sometimes, Nihilus would never go to the prom!

NihilusFront.jpg

Pam :-)

Guest Sarah1968
Slight hiccup.

If you don't mind me asking how much did it cost you all up for the shirt? if you don't like posting here could you PM here or send me a msg on FB.

Cause I seen someone here in Australia on ebay selling them but they want over $60 for them :(

Hi Nihilus.

At the moment they have a sale on and you can get them shipped for $66. $30 for the shirt, $36 for the shipping. Sucks out loud but what can ya do?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-appare ... soundtrack

Guest Nihilus
Slight hiccup.

If you don't mind me asking how much did it cost you all up for the shirt? if you don't like posting here could you PM here or send me a msg on FB.

Hi Nihilus.

At the moment they have a sale on and you can get them shipped for $66. $30 for the shirt, $36 for the shipping. Sucks out loud but what can ya do?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-appare ... soundtrack

I think I'll stick to ebay seeing I am not going to save anything. Think it stinks $36 to ship a shirt.

If I was good at electronics I would make up something myself but I never passed with electronics. :roll:

Gotcha Pam and thanks for the tip. They are fabric, like a satin velvet feel. They were only $3.00 shipped so no biggie. Just another example of why everyone doing a build needs to show step by step pics so those who have gone before them can assist and guide.

Howsabout these ones?

http://www.virtual-village.com.au/women ... 5-075.html

I'm no expert on the fit of long gloves, but those look pretty good to me. Great price, too!

Pam :-)

Guest Sarah1968

For those playing along at home, howsabout this shirt?

It's tight, real tight, however unlike the original description as "tight plain black long sleeve turtleneck shirt" it does have a slight ribbed texture.

Pics attached and your input is appreciated.

Guest Sarah1968

I think I might put all this together tonight sans gloves - still waiting for them :)

Feedback will be appreciated.

Sez.

Guest Aysel
Gotcha Pam and thanks for the tip. They are fabric, like a satin velvet feel. They were only $3.00 shipped so no biggie. Just another example of why everyone doing a build needs to show step by step pics so those who have gone before them can assist and guide.

Howsabout these ones?

http://www.virtual-village.com.au/women ... 5-075.html

I have those gloves, but I wasn't happy with their service, it took 2 months to get them and that was after they contacted me telling me that they had problems processing my payment. They are also VERY thin. You'd be better off finding some leather gauntlet style gloves rather than dealing with those people

^_^ Katie

Guest Sarah1968
You'd be better off finding some leather gauntlet style gloves rather than dealing with those people

^_^ Katie

But the gloves for KOTOR Nihilus are non-gauntlet. And yes, I'm still waiting but have been notified that they're on their way.

Aysel, I'm also interested on what you think about the shirt.

Your advice is appreciated.

Sez.

Guest Aysel

can you take a picture of the shirt from far away too please, I want to see how it photographs from a distance

^_^ Katie

Guest Sarah1968
can you take a picture of the shirt from far away too please, I want to see how it photographs from a distance

^_^ Katie

Shall do.

Guest Sarah1968

^_^ Katie

Shall do.

Please excuse my daughters handy work on my iPhone.

Guest Aysel

I can't tell that it's ribbed in the pic, however that could just be the fact that it's a camera phone pic and not a camera camera pic.

Guest Sarah1968
I can't tell that it's ribbed in the pic, however that could just be the fact that it's a camera phone pic and not a camera camera pic.

Yeah, I think I'm going to ditch it. I've got a back up so no dramas :)

Guest Nihilus
And leather gloves FINALLY arrived!

Yayaya they finally arrived! :D

Can't wait to see pics of you Sarah in your Darth Nihilus Costume.

Guest Sarah1968

Okay.

So I sent approval pics for my DN KOTOR to my GML the other day as I assumed that because the costume was made by Rob at WMA, all I needed was the right accessories and it would be ready to go. Newbie mistake :mrgreen:

Katie and costuming mentors - I would appreciate your help with what more I need to do to my costume to make it ready for approval.

Pics are forthcoming. Thanks everyone for your help in advance.

Sarah.

Guest Sarah1968

Two more pics here.

Besides the fact that I need to get some weight off ( :mrgreen: ), I'd appreciate some guidance.

Sarah.

Guest Sarah1968

Looking at the pics against the KOTOR Costume Standard here on FE, I can see that I need to "fill out" my tunic to look more muscular and thick, perhaps with some foam padding.

I'm also thinking of dyeing everything blacker than black to get everything the same black. Are there fifty shades of black? Apparently so but I digress.

Advice please everyone. Ears need to be sharper too.

Guest Darksyde

I can't tell from the pics, but do the gloves have straps around the top or are they just bunched up a little? Matching the black on all of the pieces will be tough unless they are all the same material. And sometimes they photograph weird anyway. The only other thing I see is the headpiece. I would bring the sides in some and drop the chin of the cowl down quite a bit. Looks good though!

WebNihilusCloseup2.jpg

Guest Sarah1968
I can't tell from the pics, but do the gloves have straps around the top or are they just bunched up a little? Matching the black on all of the pieces will be tough unless they are all the same material. And sometimes they photograph weird anyway. The only other thing I see is the headpiece. I would bring the sides in some and drop the chin of the cowl down quite a bit. Looks good though!

WebNihilusCloseup2.jpg

Hi Darksyde.

The gloves are just bunched up a bit - no strapping or markings on the gloves at all.

Shall look at fixing the headpiece issues with the "ears" and the sides of the hood this week.

Thank you for responding and your advice.

Regards, Sarah.