• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Nihilus KOTOR by Sez

Guest Sarah1968

Guest Sarah1968

Hi everyone.

This is the first post in what will be my Darth Nihilus KOTOR build thread as at the moment my costume is being created in the US - and I must be patient :)

In the interim, I've been looking at all other gear needed to complete the costume, ie boots, gloves, hood, shirt, pants, etc. and found this site today for the hood.

Can one of the Nihilus builders, or anyone in the FE really, let me know if the attached hood would suffice for DN KOTOR version.

Kind regards

Sarah.

http://www.creativemin.com/product/530/apparel

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty doubtful that that hood will work. They're just too loose around the face to fit well under the mask. You're really going to want to find yourself a high quality spandex blackout mask as opposed to a halloween costume piece.

Guest Sarah1968
It's pretty doubtful that that hood will work. They're just too loose around the face to fit well under the mask. You're really going to want to find yourself a high quality spandex blackout mask as opposed to a halloween costume piece.

Thanks for the advice Scottrooper.

A gimp mask it is!!

Regards

Sez.

Black out masks are actually really easy to make. That also means you can make it to fit your head, as opposed to a generic size. I followed the tutorial link below and it turned out well.

http://kristinameister.wordpress.com/20 ... kout-mask/

Cheers,

Nef

Guest Sarah1968

Woohoo!! Got notification today that my Nihilus set is on its way from the US. Very excited. Can't wait to see it all laid out.

Guest Nihilus
Woohoo!! Got notification today that my Nihilus set is on its way from the US. Very excited. Can't wait to see it all laid out.

Awesome Sarah and I got an email yesterday that mine is about a week off being finished :D

Guest Sarah1968

Woot! Just got a message that my local post office has an international package for me to sign for.

HAS to be my Nihilus threads from the US.

Will post pics once I've cracked it open.

Regards

Sez.

I look forward to seeing how it looks. Not many people choose to do the KOTOR version of Nihilus. It looks like it should be easier to make, but often it ends up being harder then the COTF version. It'll be great to see your costume!

Cheers,

Nef

Guest Aysel
I look forward to seeing how it looks. Not many people choose to do the KOTOR version of Nihilus. It looks like it should be easier to make, but often it ends up being harder then the COTF version. It'll be great to see your costume!

Cheers,

Nef

what she said ^_^ Keep in mind that you might have to visit a tailor to get it to fit just right (sometimes not, there is such a thing as luck ^_^ )

^_^ Katie

Guest Nihilus
Woot! Just got a message that my local post office has an international package for me to sign for.

HAS to be my Nihilus threads from the US.

Will post pics once I've cracked it open.

Regards

Sez.

That is sooo cool Sarah.. I am still waiting for mine I was hoping it would come in today. There is a chance it will turn up still. Last postal van is before 3pm. they head back in then to the post office.

Can't wait to see pics of yours 8)

Guest Aysel

since we don't ever see the tops of the boots, only maybe the toes, those will be fine.

^_^ Katie

Guest Sarah1968
since we don't ever see the tops of the boots, only maybe the toes, those will be fine.

^_^ Katie

Excellent. Thanks for the confirmation Aysel :D

Guest Sarah1968
So Sarah when will we get to see some pics of you in your Darth Nihilus costume? :wink:

This weekend matey fer sher.

Regards

Sez.

Guest Nihilus
So Sarah when will we get to see some pics of you in your Darth Nihilus costume? :wink:

This weekend matey fer sher.

Regards

Sez.

Yayay can't wait! you been holding out on us :P

Guest Sarah1968

[attachment=0]522965_238345832941254_1299682750_n.jpg[/attachment]Quick pic but still waiting on:

- Turtleneck shirt

- Gloves

- Boots

All are on their way via mother eBay.

Once I have all of the above, I'll take a full length shot of the whole box and dice!

Regards

Sarah.

Guest Nihilus
[attachment=0]522965_238345832941254_1299682750_n.jpg[/attachment]Quick pic but still waiting on:

- Turtleneck shirt

- Gloves

- Boots

All are on their way via mother eBay.

Once I have all of the above, I'll take a full length shot of the whole box and dice!

Regards

Sarah.

That looks awesome Sarah :shock:

Sorry for my late reply.. I can't wait to see full pics of your finished costume. :D