• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Okashi Darth Talon proyect

Okashi

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

The only one I found to be a real problem was the chest ... I have just remade it (again) using a papier-mache cast of my chest :P

It still needed the flynet over it to hold all the pieces relative to each other though but it work REALLY WELL ...

And yeah use a large size flynet, small mesh will clog up!

Will post some pics soon!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still needed the flynet over it to hold all the pieces relative to each other though but it work REALLY WELL ...

Yeees, is impossible without the net, all pieces of the chest rise up.

Only foamed PVC does not need network, but it is difficult to model because it is with hot (burning the skin or need a cast) and you have cutting after model it, which is difficult and is hard on the cutter. I made a template for my shoulder tattoo and I sweated cutting it.

Besides the centerpieces of the tattoos that fall to trim the edges, can only be put in place using the network

Guest Anonymous

I personally would of started the chest piece with a bra that has an underwire, then made a breast mold with tin foil, basically just ball it up and pop it inside to fill it out appropriately. Then I would fiberglass resin the outside of the bra (Make sure it's cotton.), then I would resin the inside, add some fiberglass cloth, resin once again. Give it like 2 hours to dry. Then cut 8 strips of appropriate width out of foam, 2-5mm will do fine, I would say 5mm for the better edges. Also do the side and back pieces the same way, just make a card board stencil. Then adhesive them (Spray works the best.) lather the whole bra, then attack the foam pieces.

Then resin over the foam, primer, and paint.

It's about 6 hours worth of work.

If you need some help doing it this way, I don't mind, just send me a holler.

Also after looking at the comic book art, as I'm a fan of Pepakura, I would use the Stormtrooper forearm, bicep, and shin guards, just cut the back parts off, so make it a half piece, then just make the bands out of pieces of 110lbs card stock, glue them for approriate sizing for your arms and legs, then resin, cloth, resin, primer, paint.

It would be pretty accurate to the comic.

I'll see if I can actually put together some Talon .pdo files.

Andrew

Guest Aysel

while this could probably work, the artist herself has stated that the top is a formed leather and not an actual hard shell. ^_^

^_^ Katie

I personally would of started the chest piece with a bra that has an underwire, then made a breast mold with tin foil, basically just ball it up and pop it inside to fill it out appropriately. Then I would fiberglass resin the outside of the bra (Make sure it's cotton.), then I would resin the inside, add some fiberglass cloth, resin once again. Give it like 2 hours to dry. Then cut 8 strips of appropriate width out of foam, 2-5mm will do fine, I would say 5mm for the better edges. Also do the side and back pieces the same way, just make a card board stencil. Then adhesive them (Spray works the best.) lather the whole bra, then attack the foam pieces.

Then resin over the foam, primer, and paint.

It's about 6 hours worth of work.

If you need some help doing it this way, I don't mind, just send me a holler.

Also after looking at the comic book art, as I'm a fan of Pepakura, I would use the Stormtrooper forearm, bicep, and shin guards, just cut the back parts off, so make it a half piece, then just make the bands out of pieces of 110lbs card stock, glue them for approriate sizing for your arms and legs, then resin, cloth, resin, primer, paint.

It would be pretty accurate to the comic.

I'll see if I can actually put together some Talon .pdo files.

Andrew

And... where is the leather? Jan Duursema (Talon deisgner) says that the bra is make of leather.

Thanks

Guest Anonymous

Skip the foam pieces, resin the bra, attach leather strips.

I'm just thinking in terms of something a little more solid that keeps a good form without things moving around and popping out to say hello.

Just tossing some ideas out there.

Andrew

Guest Anonymous

Tooling leather is thick...

AH0501.jpg

And not cheap in the 8-9 oz weight. However if it was tooling leather it would have the shine and the stiffness the comic shows.

I understand the artist says its design is in leather, but is that to be taken verbatim? Its a drawn page... I think matching the look is far more important. While I think every one has a great start and a great costume, I just notice things like this.

I hate working in fiberglass. I would not want to wear a part on my parts that close. Fiberglass is nasty work.

However, smooth on sells awesome stuff in two part resins these days and really it could look like armor with out much work or expense. It would be custom fitted and like Andrew states, have a real bra under it.

I am thinking Rare Earth Magnets. If the mag side was in the bra, the wire or metal side could be cast in the armor part of the bra. No wardrobe malfunctions... Ya know? :mrgreen:

I am creating a website to put some tutorials (experiences) and download the file with my corel draw templates/stencils of tatoos

Even take a while. Be patient. :D

Guest Nihilus
I am creating a website to put some tutorials (experiences) and download the file with my corel draw templates/stencils of tatoos

Even take a while. Be patient. :D

Great idea :D

Look forward to seeing the site after you get it up and running.

Guest Sarah1968
My second "full paint sesion"

Comments please :oops:

img0134yuz.jpg

img0138iq.jpg

img0143jk.jpg

img0147tzy.jpg

Great work on the colour - the red is awesome. Congrats :)

Guest Daritha

You did a great job there! The details are looking awesome and the head (facepaint, tattoos, lekku etc.) are just fitting very nicely.

I'm eager to see your approval. ;)

Guest Aysel

very nicely done! Your hard work with the tattoos paid off, they look really nice, as does your new top. ^_^

^_^ Katie

sorry Nihilus, I delete them because .. I'm a little embarrassed, and I don't want that these photos being downloaded for years and years by people who do not know :oops: .

But you can see a sample on my web pages. In construction but I've already started :)

http://twilekparadise.com

Guest Nihilus
sorry Nihilus, I delete them because .. I'm a little embarrassed, and I don't want that these photos being downloaded for years and years by people who do not know :oops: .

But you can see a sample on my web pages. In construction but I've already started :)

http://twilekparadise.com

No Problem.. I don't blame you deleting them :)

Cool will check your site.

How did you go about building your lekku? I see the pictures of when you were making them, but what all did you use to do it?

Guest Nihilus

I was wondering the same thing Brit... I need to do a form of lekku for a Sith Lord I have picked to do, which hasn't been listed by the 501st. His name is Darth Wyyrlok III. Was going to another one but couldn't find enough images of him.

http://theflagshipeclipse.com/forum/vie ... =29&t=2020

If you are planning on going to C6 it may be the push for me to finish this sculpt of Saarai :) Father and Daughter ;) I'm building the same basic headpiece (sans horns on top) and I just about have the clay in place like I was supposed to...

I can go into more detail in my thread rather than derail Okashi's thread :)

I think She did a positive mold and layered the latex over, which I would not recommend for a Chagrian :) Too much mid level textural detail to loose :) Great for smooth and semi- smooth surface :)

And congrats Okashi :)

Sorry for the delay. Much work had. I finally updated the web a bit.

Visit the site often (every one or two weeks) I will put "what's new" and update date :D

Yes, I used the positive mold method in my lekkus.

Now I'm experimenting with other methods to improve them.

I do not like it rubs my back all the time and slaps on my ass at move :evil: .

Thanks for the congrats, Michaela :D:D

Thanks Nihilus :D Today a big update :D

New contact lens section, and the Vectorized tattoos in corel file!!