• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Okashi Darth Talon proyect

Okashi

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are your lekku made of?? they look a bit thin at the top and round at the bottom.

I can't understand the "look a bit thin at the top" (my english no is very good), but the "round at the bottom" is only perspective, the photo is taken from the back to forward lying being the lekkus

Thanks to the two for the comments ^^

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

hahaha Sorry ... english is my ONLY language and still isn't great! :D

In the comic Talon has very pointy tips on her lekku.

The pic where you are painting the sith tattoos they look almost the same width all the way down and then are round at the bottom... It may be the camera angle.

I asked what they are made of because all in all the other pics they look a really good shape... are they filled with something? perhaps you could move the filling up a bit so they look more pointy at the bottom.

Does that make more sense :P

Thank you very much for your advice, Doc-girl... aaamwh how is your real name? My name is Eve.

I will upload more pictures when I can (maybe next week ... today is Valentine! Have to enjoy it!) :D:D

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

Ah yes.. Happy Valentines DAY! hope you have a lovely Day. My name is Kendall ... I live in Sydney Australia and I just had my Royal Guard (TR 9693) approved on the weekend YAY!

Ah yes.. Happy Valentines DAY! hope you have a lovely Day. My name is Kendall ... I live in Sydney Australia and I just had my Royal Guard (TR 9693) approved on the weekend YAY!

YES, Good Valentines day jiji 8) sun and beach!! in february in this part of the world is winter but we have sun and beach! and chocolat + roses :D

Wellcome to legion501st Kendall. Royal is good for winter :D much velvet!!

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

YES, Good Valentines day jiji 8) sun and beach!! in february in this part of the world is winter but we have sun and beach! and chocolat + roses :D

Wellcome to legion501st Kendall. Royal is good for winter :D much velvet!!

Yes .. I can't wait for winter ... hahaha ... here it is Summer! its 30 degrees but raining and we have floods :( ... not good royal guard weather >:(

Some photos of the first bodypainting.

Aaaah 6 hours is exhaust I'm ill actually!

I'm building to improve the tattoos in Corel Draw

img9723s.jpg

I really love the smooth curve of my lekkus :D:D

img9710y.jpg

img9715j.jpg

img9722t.jpg

Guest Nihilus

Hi Okashi

Great job, you look great. 8) the details with the tattoos really good. 8hrs wow I would be feel sick after taking that long to do all that work.. but so worth it.

I'm ill with 39 degrees Celsius of fever.

Crazy for speed bodypaint secret, even with templates was very slow.

Guest Nihilus
I'm ill with 39 degrees Celsius of fever.

Crazy for speed bodypaint secret, even with templates was very slow.

Oh my I am sorry to hear that :( *hugs* feel better soon :)

I can see what you are after the secret for speed bodypaint. I am sorry not able to help you with that.

Guest Aysel

your first coat of paint can be done with a sponge, it does not have to be even. the second coat is where you'll want to use an airbrush, that will speed things up. As you and the person that's painting you get more practice you'll find that the process takes less time.

^_^ Katie

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

It took 3 hrs for me to be painted.

I know Alcohol based paint is what everyone likes but its EXPENSIVE so I recommend latex body paint

http://www.liquidlatex.net/

becareful when you open that link there is rudeness there!

You can put it on with a small foam roller REALLY QUICKLY

You can buy the stuff (I have used the one above before) or you can just but regular brush on latex and colour it yourself with some acrylic based colour.

then if you do the tattoo in acrylic based paint, if you mess it up wipe it off and doing it again with ruining the red coat. and you can tidy up overspray with a damp cloth too.

as for the tattoos... I made stencils from clear plastic tablecloth, the big ones need to be split into a few parts. And some netting needs to be glued to the stencil so the pattern doesn't move around when you palce it on the body.

I am going to remake some of the harder ones with Wonderflex that is molded to my body shape, especially the chest as that was the hardest one to paint. Clavicles just get in the way.

USE A SPRAYGUN... not an airbrush! useless you wanna spend all day doing it. Pick one up from ebay for under $10... and coats LARGE areas quickly. Just be careful of overspray. (but the latex means you can wipe that off if needed).

Hopefully I will get this down to less that three hours in the future!

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

Oh ... you can also use food colouring around the mouth nose and armpits ... it won't rub off and is cheaper than alcohol based colour .... just be prepared to be that colour for a few days :)

Thanks for the tips Kendall :D

I no read your "becareful" in the liquidlatex page XDDD surprised in the morning!! XDD But no matter, I had to do worse things in my searches of latex suits... brrrr

I'm doing a search for spraygun in ebay now!

Thanks

Comments of my costume, please? :oops:

Guest Nihilus

I love your costume :)

You and Doc have both done wonderful jobs with them.

Hope you pass to be the 2nd ever in the 501st.

Second is a good point. Vegeta in Dragon Ball has always been the second and really cool, he is my favorite :twisted:

When I remove this flu and get the spraygun and make definitive templates! Cough cough .... excuse me, the fever -_-

I thought of doing templates in PVC foam but it is hard to cut with accuracy. Perhaps may be hardened latex. I will try as soon as I recover.

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

You don't need my comments :P you know you're looking good. I would suggest painting your right eyebrow for more defition and get your photographer to take the pics from about stomach or hip height it will make you look taller and more menacing :D I have all my pics taken that way.

You don't need my comments :P you know you're looking good. I would suggest painting your right eyebrow for more defition and get your photographer to take the pics from about stomach or hip height it will make you look taller and more menacing :D I have all my pics taken that way.

my eyebrow hair .. :evil: crazy in 2 a.m. morning...

good tip! my boyfriend is taller than me. all photos I'm more little one XD

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

I stick my eyebrows down with spirit gum and eyebrow wax then paint red facepaint over then draw them back on with eyeliner.