• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Nihilus Affair

Tags

Ok, well here is my current sate with Nihilus... Currently working to have the inner tunic close tighter over the chest. So here are some over all pics, just to update things. I think the tattering came out well, that cloth like to fray allot and taking the wire brush to it was a great tip.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I would say work a little more on the hood/horns section it just doesnt look right somehow, and the seam at the top of the hood shouldnt be there too

Everything else is just top notch, great job

Well the horns may need to flare out to the sides a bit more, but I can't see the seem being an issue.

Anyone else... thoughts, comments?

Maycol's correct, your "horns" are misplaced. They sit far too high and it looks (based on the way the fabric is draped) like they're sitting forward too far as well. The width looks relatively ok.

The hood isn't flowing correctly yet. The obvious places where the fabric turns under looks off, and the seam down the middle really is distracting.

Knot is too low on the chest. The tunics look like they're hanging open too much. (that's something that you'll end up having to adjust constantly while wearing.)

Can't really tell if the layers on the skirt are correct.

The weathering though, does indeed look good!

Maycol's correct, your "horns" are misplaced. They sit far too high and it looks (based on the way the fabric is draped) like they're sitting forward too far as well. The width looks relatively ok.

The hood isn't flowing correctly yet. The obvious places where the fabric turns under looks off, and the seam down the middle really is distracting.

Knot is too low on the chest. The tunics look like they're hanging open too much. (that's something that you'll end up having to adjust constantly while wearing.)

Can't really tell if the layers on the skirt are correct.

The weathering though, does indeed look good!

Ok, not sure what ya mean about the horns, but I think I have an idea, are they too "High" as in tall? Or too far forward on the head? I have a frame attaching to the mask supporting the cloth, I can easily heat it and bend it back so the horns are not so forward.

Explain this more clearly please, dunno what yer trying to say. "The hood isn't flowing correctly yet. The obvious places where the fabric turns under looks off, and the seam down the middle really is distracting." I can easily make a new hood if need be...

As for the tunic... I have to draw the tops closer together, something I've already planed to do. And the obi and the belt keep it where it is.The knot rides high anyway... Just need to keep it from being pulled down.

Two skirts... the inner hangs to the floor, the outer hangs to the floor or an inch of depending on where I place it. Though I have noticed issues with walking when both skirts are with in an inch of the floor, it really sux, almost broke my neck several times already. Now If I pull the outer skirt a little higher then both are visible, if the both hang the same spot well hard to make them out. Here are some better pics of the skirts...

Guest Anonymous

How come we see two knots in the first pic and just one in the second pic? are the hood and cape two diferent pieces?

the horns are looking better btw

Following Scotts example... In the first pic, there is one long piece from the mask down the back with a second cloak behind it, depending on which looks better, both or the single, then the knot will be tied into one knot.

In the second pic, it's just the hood, extending down into the cape... Just depends on what works better.

Had to fix one of the horns, this pic has both horns in their proper condition and they have been moved back more in line with the ref pics, lets see the hood and cape have been modified, I believe the new hood and cape fall properly now.

HPIM0590.jpg

Ok, yet another update... Re-did the hood, the inner tunic is being a pain but going to deal with that shortly.

First a full front pic.

HPIM0606.jpg

And a head shot.

HPIM0619.jpg

]

well, no news is good news... need a better suggestion for the black out hood, the cheap ass ones in a Halloween store are crap in general, only the mesh is any good... So I tried the balaclava with a mesh over the eyes, best to far, tempted to try a leather hood oooooooooooor an old East German gas mask.

Just hanging a loose mesh would probably work, but what is the way to hide the neck, and unless it sits tight you lose definition, I like the look with the hint of a face...

Guest Anonymous

You still forgott to smile on the pics :D .

Keep up the good work, this will help me when I am going to help my wife with this costume.

Yea.... I think I forgot how. ;> Self pics are rough, especially with the flash. ;>

Nihilus is great... tough but great. ;>

No news was good news (or a sign that my internet was out last night.) The set of pics you posted before the most recent ones looked very good for the crown! The most recent one....no, bad Nihilus costumer, you put those points back where they were.

Yep, the cheapy halloween store blackout masks are...cheapy halloween store quality. Get yourself a nice spandex blackout mask. Picked mine up by searching for zentai hoods. (Keep in mind while searching that that's probably NOT a search that's safe for work.) The biggest challenge you'll have is going to be finding one that doesn't have a seam across your face.

could you point out which pics you are talking about ...whats in the background so we can go back to that look

thanks

:-)

Guest Anonymous

Yes i'm in accord with what scottrooper currently said...

they are to sharp...

see the cotf picture for some references

they should looks like they are rounds a little bit...

hope you understand what i said... :D

humm should not be to hard to round out the tops ...pretty easy since they are foam like and I can shave the tops down to make em more rounded.

I will do so and pop up some more photos when I get this done

thanks for the info and the quick replies

I might get this appoved soon because of your help :-)

Ok, few new pics of the horns... Sanded the tips down a bit, so it should have a less pointed and more rounded impression.

HPIM0668-1.jpg

HPIM0669.jpg

HPIM0671.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Hy man...

maybe i didn't us the right words...

in this case, i'm sorry...my english is not so good as it seems...

i study it from when i was 12....

by the way here there is our holy graal:

dns.jpg

i tried to underline the form of the crow...

hope this will help you...!!!!!

Ok, another mod to the horns, hope this will work. I increased the space between the horns and attempting two different shapers.

HPIM0676.jpg

Pic 1

HPIM0675.jpg

Pic 2

HPIM0680.jpg

Pic 3