• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Nihilus Affair

Tags

", My mind is going I can feel it! My mind is going... My mind is going... My mind is going... There is no question about it, I can feel it."

Ok, one more horn mod... Please excuse the quality the camera is acting odd.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throwing some new pics up here, a few are current state, the rest are just fun. Anyway the horns are pointed out more. I feel good about the horns, not sure if the cloak has enough volume... the Hood and cloak are one piece, still have a cloak cut and ready but not sure how to add it to provide more volume. With any luck I'm nearing completion.

Lighting quality around here sux, and as for sun... Not sure what that is... I know I've heard that word before. Anyway, getting a good day for pics around here is honestly pretty rough. Hoping Saturday is good, the lighting is not showing parts of the costume properly.

So...

Fixed up the inner tunic

Two skirts, slits all the way up

Moved the horns back and out

Hood and cape are one long piece, hangs better, knot on the chest

Soooo dunno what else to do... Once the costume is approved I want to attempt some mods that may improve a few things.

Full frontal

HPIM0696.jpg

Full Back

HPIM0698-1.jpg

Head 1

HPIM0700.jpg

Head 2

HPIM0701.jpg

if ya see anything else to fix, speak up please... Input is always welcome. I'm hoping to be ready soon, then I have to curb myself so the other half can get a move on. ;>

Guest Anonymous

You sure have been a busy bee ^_^ and all this changes you have done to the costumes are great... it looks awesome man.... i just would say one thing, and maybe its not even important but its an observation non the less, the skirts if you can make them a little longer would be great, cause you can see a gap between the floor and the skirts and should almost run to the floor, so if you can do it great... if not no problem, besides its easier to walk the way you made them ^_^

Yea, so close to getting it done... sooo. Thanx.

Yea, thought about the length, but much lower and walking is even more difficult. ;> I hate steps... if they need to go lower that should be easy enough though.

Two simple pics... Throwing the Nihilus ref pic in so it's easier to compare. Well touched up everything that was brought up...

Inner tunic, horns, the knot, fixed up the cape/hood, sending a batch of pics my adviser shortly and I think I'll grab one more set tomorrow depending on the weather, may try to get some outside.... If the sun shows itself. There are two skirts there, though it is tough to tell they both hang pretty low.

Action.jpg

FullFront.jpg

DNs.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Looks awesome, and the pics in real light are very good. You should be proud of making such a nice costume.

I thought the kids would have been afraid, not smiling on that picture :lol:

Well pics are in, so we'll see what happens... May well work on my side projects... Helghast and a Cobra trooper. ;>

Guest Anonymous

Woah!!!!

i really like your costume...

good job!!!

hope to finish mine as soon as possible maybe in time for the star wars in concert here in italy (27th march)

i'll use black raw silk...

but even your fabric looks great...

love the pict with babies!!!

Thanx... It even started as a KOTR version then I decided I liked the COTF version better. ;>

The gabardine worked out well, had trouble finding the silk around here, so we just started hoarding the all the gabardine we could find. ;>

Hmm good luck, just stick too it.

Thanx... heh trying to get submission photos when we got swarmed. ;>

Ok, I seem to have an issue with this "framework" everyone talks about it, but I need a clear explanation of what this is supposed to be.

Guest Anonymous
Ok, I seem to have an issue with this "framework" everyone talks about it, but I need a clear explanation of what this is supposed to be.

Everyone? Not me :wink: . I translatet "framework" and that didn´t help me so much either since it can be the mask, the cloth or all of it.

I hope you get a good explanation about it.

bit of an exaggeration. ;> In any case I'm confused, I followed Scotts' tutorial as closely as possible, and from what I can see, our hoods hang the same. I'm wondering if the knot is sliding up to much and ruining the effect. So how does everyone else keep the knot in place?

Guest Anonymous

I didn´t find out how to put an image here but I looked at scott´s and your versions and he´s is different from yours. It´s hard to explain but yours is wider and goes almost over your shoulders. Scott´s hood are much closer to the side of the face/mask.

Take a look yourself and you might see what I mean. Sorry that I could not explain better.

I didn´t find out how to put an image here but I looked at scott´s and your versions and he´s is different from yours. It´s hard to explain but yours is wider and goes almost over your shoulders. Scott´s hood are much closer to the side of the face/mask.

Take a look yourself and you might see what I mean. Sorry that I could not explain better.

That is exactly correct. I suspect that you designed yours the same as Scott's, but the difference is in the material. The silk that Scott used drapes around his shoulders because it is very soft and flexible. It hangs down. The fabric you used is very stiff, so it balloons out around your face instead of hanging straight down. You should be able to modify it to get a more draped look around the sides of your face.

Also, please be sure to tie the knot without anything hanging down from the knot. There are no loose ends on the Nihilus knot. (You don't want it too look like you're a Sith Lord with a bow on his chest!) We sewed up the loose ends so that they were hidden on Scott's knot.

Pam :-)

Yes, it seems the cloth does like to flare.. ; / I looked like Sepentor! At any rate the cloth has been sacked should follow orders now. So I'm fixing the hood up, now I have been told the shoulders have to stand out more, so do I have to place the outer cloak over the cloak hood?

I think I got it... I tightened everything up, the hood the cape and all that. You can see the shoulders, and the hood sits snugly next to the mask. With the cape and hood adjusted I believe that forms a break for the hood at the shoulders.

BackA.jpg

FrontA.jpg

FrontB.jpg

HeadA.jpg