• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out theĀ New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Acolyte Armor - Mynock's build - Completed and 501st Approved!

Mynock

I know you're busy with other projects right now, but is there any chance of an update on when you'll be starting on more parts for this build, such as leg & thigh armor? I'm drooling over your work so far! Forgive my impatience for wanting to see more! By the way, I sent you another PM awhile ago, but I'm not sure if you got it yet? Looking forward to seeing more from you soon! 8)

I know you're busy with other projects right now, but is there any chance of an update on when you'll be starting on more parts for this build, such as leg & thigh armor? I'm drooling over your work so far! Forgive my impatience for wanting to see more! By the way, I sent you another PM awhile ago, but I'm not sure if you got it yet? Looking forward to seeing more from you soon! 8)

Ā 

Yes! My apologies! Cod plate/mid-section is being worked on as we speak, and should be done very shortly! I will be replying to your PM as soon as I am done typing this up! :)

It's been a while since the last update, so here I am!

Ā 

Since I can't sit still and be satisfied with what I make once I make it, I decided to redo the pauldrons completely from scratch. Both Jedi and Sith appear to have wide shoulders, and some Jedi reference material I have clearly shows that there are indeed pauldrons under the robe. My oroginal pauldrons are bell shaped, and do not give the same wide shouldered look under the robe. Besides, I'm slighly fat these days, so the wider the shoulders, the less focus on the bulging midsection :))

Ā 

Blur pretty much used Jedi armor for the Sith Acolyte model (with a few minor tweaks), the Acolyte has the same shoulder shape as the Jedi. It's safe to assume then, that the shoulder plates are the same (or nearly the same)for both characters.

Ā 

Since the pauldrons are not fully visible, I took some artistic license once again incorporated the Imperial logo. I CAD modelled the pauldrons and 3D printed them in pieces. A lot of work went into these, considering they will most likely never show during cosplay.... but whatever! It's the principle! :)

Ā 

20140930_214529_med.jpeg

20140930_214549_med.jpeg

20140930_214738_med.jpeg

Ā 

I am almost finished the boot armor, which I should have ready in the next day or so.

Guest DaedraKaragatzu

I need to retire my Jawa after 4 years of wearing it. I've grown out of it a while back and just need to fit into something new. Since 2011, I've wanted to build an Acolyte. Where would you recommend I start? I already purchased the mask from Slave1Pilot a couple years ago.

I need to retire my Jawa after 4 years of wearing it. I've grown out of it a while back and just need to fit into something new. Since 2011, I've wanted to build an Acolyte. Where would you recommend I start? I already purchased the mask from Slave1Pilot a couple years ago.

Ā 

Are you looking to build your own Acolyte completely from scratch, or purchase an already available kit? If completely from scratch, there are literally hundreds of different ways you can go about it, and I'd gladly answer any questions you may have. If you are looking to purchase a kit, there are several makers on here including me, who offer Sith Acolyte Armor. I'm still working on getting everything together in my build, but whatever pieces I have made and displayed here I'm able to offer. Send me a PM if you require more information.

My wife's Shae Vizla armour has been taking up a lot of my time, since it still needs lots of work to be ready for C7 in Anaheim. However, since I will be going as Sith Acolyte, I'm also working on the SA when I can.

Ā 

Latest in this build is the thigh armour plates, which are nearing completion. The left master is now done and ready for molding, with the right following closely behind! Here is a quick fit to the Vizla mannequin to give an idea.

Also, shin plates are now modelled, and will be off to the 3D printers in the next few days.

Ā 

20141110_222611-1_med.jpeg

20141110_222629-2_med.jpeg

20141110_222659-1_med.jpeg

screenshot-2014-11-10-22431_med.jpeg

screenshot-2014-11-10-22424_med.jpeg

Ā 

On the reference material, there are two small, horizontal panels that link the front and back of the shin plates. I will be doing these separately, which is why they are not in the CAD model above.

So! The leg masters have now been fully done, and the calves and shins and left thighs have all been molded and cast! I'm waiting on another batch of silicone to arrive any day now so that I can finish up the right thigh.

Ā 

Here is a sneak peak of one of the legs (these are masters, and not actual casts) set up on my stormtrooper mannequin). The mannequin is actually pretty thin, so disregard the way the actual fit looks.

Ā 

20141118_215009_med.jpeg

20141118_214939_med.jpeg

20141118_214956_med.jpeg

Ā 

Here is a photo of the shin and calf casts, untrimmed, and unpolished cold cast in resin. I may actually do these pieces in fiberglass in the end. We will see though!

Ā 

20141122_235811-1_med.jpeg

Ā 

And here is a sneak peak at the very last piece in my Acolyte build, and that is the COD plate, which when finished, will be cast in flexible rubber.

Ā 

screenshot-2014-11-15-15424_med.jpeg

10686742_814915038551622_46_med.jpeg

Hope you make the Neck armour as well... :mrgreen:

Ā 

0A4486B7-BE6B-49D7-B74F-08EF11B1BFF3-8162-00000B8B06771432.jpg

Ā 

d one on this guy...

Ā 

I actually ordered a neckseal from Darman on FISD. He makes accurate ones for this character already, so I don't have to :)