• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Revan - Saber(s), Misc. Costume Pieces

Guest Anonymous

Guest Cleverlilminx
I was wondering if a Royal Blue Blue LED would be acceptable for Revan's Sec lightsaber, snice I have yet to find a source for a purple Luxeon III Star LED?

Sorry but no.

However since a purple saber is not a requirement of the costume, it's a detail you can take your time with after getting your costume approved.

Guest Anonymous

The 'normal' way to get a purple blade with the luxeon based sabres is to use either a 3W white led or a high code white K2 luxeon in conjunction with a suitable filter.

Ive seen some superb looking purple blades done this way.

Guest Anonymous

Good to know, neophyl, thanks for the input.

I know that there are purple EL blades out there, also, even though those aren't quite as bright, as I understand it. But that is an option as well.

- Carolyn

Guest Anonymous

I am currently having my Revan blade made custom by a well known smith.

I asked for a few things in particular, but beyond that he is going to just let it flow to him. I have the utmost faith in Do-Clo. I got it with rechargeable battery pack and home and car charger and he tossed in a corbin driver for free, sadly, I was not able to get my CF by the time I ordered.

I have since acquired my CF boards, and I figure I will put one to use in my pruple blade, maybe, maybe, send my saber back to the smith for a retrofit if he will. Pics of it to come as soon as I get some!

Alexis

*Smiles*

Guest Sakara

Similar but in my thoughts would need alot of work to be Revans

In my mind and this isnt you know the rules, If you are going to do an EU character who has specific look inc all their accessories, then you go with that, not make do with something else. It may take longer to complete,but itl be worth it...as regards to sabers, there are saber makers out there who can make the correct saber, there are places to make suitable versions of the saber yourself..hell you can even make a accruate looking saber hilt from pipe as was shown on another thread!

...Otherwise do a costume that you can complete, totally to the correct look, ie a film costume.

but as i said, not the rules. :)

In my mind and this isnt you know the rules, If you are going to do an EU character who has specific look inc all their accessories, then you go with that, not make do with something else.

Not the rules, nope. But I will say that when I review an EU costume, I do look at the weapon if they have one. If a person is holding the incorrect type of saber for that character, such as Ventress with a straight hilt or Nihilus with Anakin's saber, I will mark that against them in my review. Since the sabers are recomended but not a full requirement, it is preferred to have an accurate weapon or no weapon at all rather than an incorrect stand-in.

EU weapons are difficult... but with a bit of patience and research, they can usually be found. Or, as is my preference... they can be made!

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

I wonder if anyone can help me? I have almost everything I need to assemble my Darth Revan costume, except the Cloak and the shirt. I think I may have an avenue as far as the cloak goes, I just need to chase it up.

If anyone can suggest a feasible source for the shirt, or give me an idea of the acceptable material it is made from, that would be a huge help. Links and PM's gratefully accepted :D

Also, in case I have no luck with the cloak, suggested avenues to try would help me greatly also.

Help a Sith Lord out :lol:

They don't appear to be the same person. This one is in GA, "Steve" is somewhere else, like MO or something.

Wade's stuff looks better than Steve's (at least for the Nihilus saber...all i have to compare with), so I'm fairly sure that the link that Glockink provided isn't the same person we've had issues with. Wade actually has his phone number on the site whereas Steve is a nightmare to get up with or even FIND a phone number for.

Guest Glockink

Not the same guy...My experience with Wade has been flawless...Im VERY happy with his communication and the product. Im getting my 2nd saber from him very soon...

Guest Anonymous

This is Wade from Saber Concepts. I am not this Steve person and can't believe he would treat his customers like that. As you have read, GLOCKINK has already purchased a Revan saber from me (I am making a Nihilus saber for him now) and is very pleased with it. I have also don't quite a bit of business with elric2112 and he can verify my work quality and customer service. I am a big fan of KOTOR, that is why my favorite 2 sabers I make are the Revan and the Nihilus sabers. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that I consider customer service and quality the most imporant things in any business.

Thanks,

Wade

Guest Anonymous

I have personal experience with Wade Henry, and I have nothing but good things to say about the guy. He is a superb saber artist and his level of customer service, quality and dedication are second to none. I dont know anything about this "Steve" person, but I can most definitely say that none of the negative characteristics associated with him match that of Wade in any way.

Guest Anonymous
The pommel on that one just don't seem to fit the rest of the saber.

I think it was probably based on these images

1000px-DarthRevan_DarthMalak_EGF-Co.jpg

Revan_saber.jpg

The first image is from the Essential Guid to the Force book. The second one was found on wookiepedia and I'm unsure of it's original source but I think it may be from the KOTOR Campaign Guide but I'm not 100% sure.