• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Grand inquisitor greaves

Guest Jonathan Torres

Guest Jonathan Torres

First hello everyone thank you for your time my question is for grand inquisitor for the boots since their the knee high rider boots do I need to build greaves as well to go on top of the boot? Or is it some other piece that goes onto the boots?

It’s kinda unclear how it’s supposed to be, I think according to the current CRL it’s supposed to be short black boots with armor Greaves, the CRL will eventually be updated to instead use knee-high riding boots with a little flared ring around the ankle of the boots, made either from leather or plastic.

My project has stopped and stalled several times but when I bought all the armor files about 3-4 years ago I got the full greaves and printed them and of course the would not fit over the boots. The CRL talked about full size boots, not short boots. Even short boots didn't work and when I resized them large enough to go over either long or short boots it was ridiculous. They made my lower legs look as big as my thighs. I'm a tad muscle-less and skinny anyway.

So, I put the 3D files back into Meshmixer and cut away the tops. I then measured my nice riding boots and cut out just the flares at the bottom.

I am still playing with my build and having to reprint the upper armor around the neck as my first attempt at putting it all together just didn't go well as it was too high and I could not move my head at all. I felt like I was being stretched the whole time I wore it.

nBmsGnX.jpg

765yBzm.jpg