• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Dragon*Con 2009

Twi'lek Pam

Well, the con definitely didn't go as planned for us this year. Our flight out of Dallas was cancelled so we had to detour all the way to Chigago; and when we finally got to Atlanta and unpacked, I discovered that a piece of my Leia belt had broken off and scratched a huge silver line across the front of my Baroness armor. Scott and I both got sick that week and spent every evening and most of the day Saturday in our hotel room, so we missed the parade and a lot of the costuming.... and do you have any idea how hard it is to blow your nose every five minutes without damaging Twi'lek body paint?! Our picture taking turned out to be very limited, too. I never did get any photos of my Visas or Baroness costumes, and some of the really great shots we took of people's costumes came out blurry. And then to top it off, our last flight out of San Francisco was delayed, so we wound up spending almost six hours sitting in the airport before they finally decided to let us go home!

But, I'm still glad we went to the con. Our luggage managed to arrive in spite of two frazzling flight changes, we did have fun while we were there, it was great to see everyone, I absolutely loved seeing all of the costumes, and I got to take two days off work for it... woohoo!! Sometimes that alone makes a trip worthwhile.

ScottrooperVrsMaladi.jpg

DCTalon.jpg

DCAstraalGannerMorrigan.jpg

DCTwilekNihilus.jpg

DCQuinlan.jpg

DCJoes.jpg

This is my favorite "candid" shot. It needs to be captioned:

"Hey, watch what happens when I drop my saber on those people down there! Ready?"

DCAstraalGanner.jpg

Pam :-)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hey, watch what happens when I drop my saber on those people down there! Ready?"

¿How did you phrase it, something to the effect of being basically sweet and good with just a drop of Evil?

I appreciate your evil side.

Lovely images Pam.

Guest Anonymous

Pam-

It was great to see you and your husband but I'm so sorry you guys weren't feeling well.

You both looked great in your costumes btw.

The picture of you and I came out great. That's my, finally done, Darth Nihilus.

I couldn't find our "Clone Emperor" to finally give his nod of approval (wink* Thomas hehe. I know your a busy guy)

I will be posting some pics soon too. :D

Btw, didn't you get a picture with "Sith Monkey" too? :D

Take care

Guest Anonymous

SITH MONKEY!! :shock::D

IMG_2727.jpg

DSCF0043.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

dra016.jpg

The White Mando is me.

DragonCon034.jpg

The Tan Mando on the far right is me. :D

3900181982_5fc52e4ba8_b.jpg

3899207020_ab0c94365f_b.jpg

dra009.jpg

This is Elizabeth and I with the Mando group. You may have seen her Snow Mando

DSCF7083.jpg

Who are these guys?

:D:D:D

IMG_2569.jpg

Just awesome. :D

IMG_2571.jpg

My friends Janine and Ron (our LXO) from the Carolina Garrsion.

IMG_2593.jpg

R2-KT became an honorary member of the Kilted Brigade.

IMG_2597.jpg

Albin's Carolina Panthers TK. :shock:

3889287073_317b3df26f.jpg

Who could this be? hmmmmm I wonder. :D

DragonCon2009162.jpg

wow..and look who else I found. :shock::D

DragonCon2009163.jpg

Sith Monkey and our CO Carolina Garrison.

IMG_2565.jpg[/img]

Peter and R2-KT at the mixer.

IMG_2604.jpg

Chillin at the 501st table.

IMG_2619.jpg

Good Ole' Sarge.

IMG_2615.jpg

Guest Anonymous

So awesome!

I'll have pics up too....as soon as my camera lets me (don't ask, you wouldn't believe me anyway)......

I hate technology....or at least the technology that goes "Sorry, you're a moron and I refuse to cooperate with you anymore". :oops:

Awesome costumes all....especially to certain Legacy characters *cough* *cough*.

*applauds*

And what is up with the sith monkey? I mean....seriously....he looks ....too nice (and cuter than my last date...!). :lol: Family friendly sith? Come to the Dark Side.....we have chocolate...dark chocolate even...? Where's the snarl and menace and arrogence? *weeps* Oh what hard times the sith have fallen on! At least Revan knows how to indulge in good depravity and decadence! *cheers*

3914577197_20fe064d5e.jpg

I came across this last night and thought it was stunning portrait of our Lady Maladi.

Click this link to view the original, or if you are simply fond of resolution so high you can count the subject's pores; Jonathan McIntosh's Flickr account

Be well,

Thomas

Guest Anonymous

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, Pam & Scott! I'm so sorry you had such a wretched trip!!! :?

But I'm glad you had a little fun! :twisted: (I wish I'd've known about your nose!!! I always have sinus pills on me!! :wink: )

Great photos! :twisted:

Since I, once again, didn't take the first picture, I'll be scavenging from everyone! (I do credit the photographer, tho! :wink::twisted: )

It was great seein' everyone again & meetin' the new "faces" out there!!

I can't wait to see the Family portraits!!! :lol:

Great pics everyone! It was good seeing all of you. Wish I had ran into Pam & Scott earlier....by the time I saw you guys...my costume was completely jacked (even if I did throw it together in one evening). Wished my weekend didn't turn out so screwy (running the kids back & forth to Woodstock, GA ate a lot of my Saturday, came close to not making the mixer).

I **LOVED** the Nihilus/Revan battle during the masquerade....so much I plan on finding a video of it and rotoscoping the sabers and adding clashes and maybe even sound. It was VERY well choreographed and believable.

We already bought tickets for next year...so hopefully we'll be there and packed w/ costumes (I'll have my proper Vos, KOTOR character, and Nihilus v2.0 w/ new whimple, and RC Sev by then hopefully).

Guest braea_kast

I was there all day Saturday, but still couldn't dress out due to my back. I was also at the mixer. Wish I could have met some of you and it was good to see the rest..

LOL,

Melanie

Guest Anonymous

A man of few words, but I was in attendance of Dragon*con '09 as well...though I didn't have a chance to get organized with anyone from this board. I did however meet Darth Maladi...

Enjoy.

duel1.jpg

duel2.jpg

Guest Anonymous
Great pics everyone! It was good seeing all of you. Wish I had ran into Pam & Scott earlier....by the time I saw you guys...my costume was completely jacked (even if I did throw it together in one evening). Wished my weekend didn't turn out so screwy (running the kids back & forth to Woodstock, GA ate a lot of my Saturday, came close to not making the mixer).

I **LOVED** the Nihilus/Revan battle during the masquerade....so much I plan on finding a video of it and rotoscoping the sabers and adding clashes and maybe even sound. It was VERY well choreographed and believable.

We already bought tickets for next year...so hopefully we'll be there and packed w/ costumes (I'll have my proper Vos, KOTOR character, and Nihilus v2.0 w/ new whimple, and RC Sev by then hopefully).

Im the Revan from the masquerade skit. I appreciate your comments. Thank you very much. We actually blew a lot of our choreo becuase I had designed the fighting based on the size of the much larger stage from last years masquerade. This years stage was a small fraction of the previous and we had been practicing our moves to allow a lot more running around and larger sweeps...plus, I had a whole lighting schedule built in to the choreo (which once again they DID allow last year) but this year they did not allow any lighting which in my opinion really detracted from all of the skits. Anyway, my buddy and I had a GREAT time...I hope it was at least mildly entertaining for the audience because we had a blast and it was an experience which I will treasure forever! Here is a link to the video on my photobucket account:

th_Dragoncon2009masquerade.jpg

Wow, Im flattered that you are interested in modifying the video! I would LOVE to see what you come up with. My email is al@sceinc.net if you need to send me any further correspondence.

A man of few words, but I was in attendance of Dragon*con '09 as well...though I didn't have a chance to get organized with anyone from this board. I did however meet Darth Maladi...

Enjoy.

duel1.jpg

duel2.jpg

Crap! I knew I shoulda gone to D*C!

We coulda ripped up some great action shots... 8)

MaladiKota01.jpg

~ Vonnor