• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Dragon*Con 2009

Twi'lek Pam

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous
Maybe we can expect to ambush a Kota next year?! ;)

..only if I get to choreograph it...

:twisted:

CV.

Bring it.

We'll do it.

I want in on that action. I've always enjoyed stage combat when I studied drama. :D

Guest StungunMoy
Maybe we can expect to ambush a Kota next year?! ;)

..only if I get to choreograph it...

:twisted:

CV.

Bring it.

We'll do it.

It has been BROUGHT! ;) Oh yeah. I'm up for that :P

People! People, calm DOWN! How in Mustafar am I supposed to hide safely behind you when I'm wearing my Talon costume if you're all bouncing all over CV, whacking at each other with your glowy sticks?

Well, I guess I'll have to shelve the Talon costume now. ::sigh:: And I was so determined to finally wear it in public next summer....

Pam :twisted:

Guest StungunMoy

Oh noes, Pam! I think thats legally a crime for you to even SAY you are going to shelf it for next year. YOU CANT! NOT ALLOWED! We will REROUTE our parade of whacking glowy sticks at eachother to your location and DEMAND a Darth Talon. "DEMAND IT". No questions.

Guest Anonymous

I sense a mutiny on the horizon if there is no Twi'lek Pam Talon for CV.

Besides, someone has to show the other skan....i mean Talons, how it's done RIGHT (not that anyone is ever a wrong about talon....I mean how hard is it to be an undressed little #$@#$#@$ Krayt boytoy...? Not that I'm resentful or anything that Talon gets all the figurines and action figures and blowup dolls and leaves all the other sithlords panting like mutts in a GA summer!)

Going to see a techie geek friend this weekend (not like techie geeks get out much, y'know?) with hopes that $20 and a bottle of Jagermeister will convince him to help get my camera to give me my D*C #$#$@$@ pictures.

Don't let this escalate in a The-Simpsons-like riot. The Imperial Mission is still flicking the galaxy together since Clone Wars, Palpatine, Isard, Thrawn, Palps 2.0, Daala, Yuuzhan Vong and Darth Whiney Caedus ... oh, and Daala again (you never know what will happen with her on the top) in less than a century.

Besides, someone has to show the other skan....i mean Talons, how it's done RIGHT (not that anyone is ever a wrong about talon....I mean how hard is it to be an undressed little #$@#$#@$ Krayt boytoy...? Not that I'm resentful or anything that Talon gets all the figurines and action figures and blowup dolls and leaves all the other sithlords panting like mutts in a GA summer!)
She got a blowup doll, too? :lol:

But serious: So far I'm not seeing any "right" Darth Talon. She wears little (just a glimps of cloth, not even a thought) but you can even do things wrong there. The body paint is always more or less good but her bustier, the loingcloth and the boots aren't really good ... sometimes not to mention her lekku.

This Twi'lek deserves a Pam to fit in. ;)

Guest Anonymous
Well, I guess I'll have to shelve the Talon costume now. ::sigh:: And I was so determined to finally wear it in public next summer....

Pam :twisted:

Oh no you di'ent. You gonna dawn the Talon. :D

Guest Anonymous

Hey all...sorry I didn't get to meet everyone. It was good to meet Mary, Demon and Thomas. Here are a few pics that I took of our FE members. Hope you like them. :D

SithWitchandDarthTraya.jpg

Our own FE Nightsister Sith Witch and Darth Traya

SithWitchandDarthTraya2.jpg

Mary and Demon. (Excellent representation of the FE Sith.) :D

Starkiller.jpg

Starkiller

CloneEmperor2.jpg

Our Clone Emperor ready for action

IKandJuno.jpg

My wife (Kristie) as Juno Eclipse with a rather famous Imperial Knight (Thomas)

CadeSkywalker.jpg

Straight from the pages of "Legacy"

CadBane.jpg

I love to see new character costumes.

Cloneemperor.jpg

"Do not make your Emperor angry!"

Demon.jpg

A pic of me and Demon at the mixer. (Showing off the EU shirt!)

MeandAlbin.jpg

Got a pic with Albin, too.

MeandStaveSansweet-1.jpg

I didn't wear my Nihilus for the parade :( , but I got a pic of Steve Sansweet and me with my Kashyyyk Trooper armor on. :D

Hope you all like the pics. It was great to meet the few that I did. I hope to see everyone at next year's D*Con or maybe at Celebration V. (If they ever announce the date and location.)

See ya later!

Matt

Guest StungunMoy

Great pictures Matt! It was great meeting you too :) Your wife made an EXCELLENT Juno! I'm still WOW'ed ;) She was perfect! Hopefully some of the FE people can get together either at the next DC or at the next Celebration for a big group shot! :)

Guest Anonymous

Great pictures Matt.

The Legacy characters are Janine and Ron Garner. Ron is the XO for the Legion. :D

Janine is a Marine Pilot and a rank of Captain. She served two tours of duty in Iraq. Ron is a Captain too and served in Afghanistan. They are great peeps.

Oh, goodness...

I love this thread. I think the conversation here has made me smile, grin, and/or laugh out loud just as many times as the actual con.... and all of the photos have been absolutely terrific. It's great how a love of costuming and Star Wars can bring so many people together. Good times.

As the lady says, We'll grow old, but we'll never grow up! (And I like it that way!)

political-pictures-michelle-barack-obama-inner-dork.jpg

All joking aside, taking my Talon costume to Celebration is a goal that I really want to achieve. I've failed (chickened out) to take it to D*Con twice now, but I'm determined to wear it at Celebraion, and I'm determined to make it top-notch accurate. Every now and then I set myself a goal of trying to do something that scares me, just to prove to myself that I can, and this is my next big challenge.

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous
Janine is a Marine Pilot and a rank of Captain. She served two tours of duty in Iraq. Ron is a Captain too and served in Afghanistan.

american-flag-eagle_sm.jpg

A salute to our military. Thank you. :D We love you guys!!! :D:D:D

(And I still love the "Legacy" costumes.)

Be safe!!

Matt

P.S. - Pam...you can do it. We know you can. :D

Matt, awesome Kashyyyk Trooper. I was thrilled to see these in person and so well done.

Here's another image of Mary Ellen from Byran Humphrey, this one with a nice D*C TV message;

Sith_Witch_with_a_Question_by_bryanhumphrey.jpg

Guest Daritha

Here's another image of Mary Ellen from Byran Humphrey, this one with a nice D*C TV message;

When we're at ST now: How about one pic with a thought bubble "Row row row your boat gently down the stream ..."? :D

Or some gamer thoughts: "How much DPS can this mage take?" ... All these possibilities. ^^

Guest Anonymous

I was looking at some of the albums on the Dragon Con site and found these two photos.

This is me as Darth Nihilus.

3910141602_b14bfef006.jpg

This is Mary in her Nightsister Sith Witch.

3909361561_96a026ae59.jpg

And yes, our fingers are stuck in that position. :D:D

Good evening,

With the completion of the first round of caption requests, I am ready at last to share my own Dragon*Con 2009 Gallery;

DragonConXXIII_banner.jpg

(Click on the banner to view the full gallery.)

Here are a few highlights of members from our Detachment and related characters;

DC2009033.jpg

Mary Ellen makes the sweetest, kindest Night Sister you ever did meet.

DC2009109.jpg

Randy standing proud as an Imperial Knight.

DC2009114.jpg

An excellent KOTOR II version of Darth Nihilus from the UKG.

DC2009018.jpg

Angela and myself representing Hestia and The Clone Emperor.

DC2009191.jpg

Shelia as Mara Jade.

DC2009205.jpg

Demon as Darth Traya spends a few moments not getting into trouble.

DC2009216.jpg

Janine and Ron as Deliah Blue and Cade Skywalker

DC2009255.jpg

Pamela as Astraal Vao, myself as Imperial Knight Ganner Krieg, and Morrigan Corde.

DC2009272.jpg

A very cordial Darth Nihilus

DC2009275.jpg

Mary Ellen and Joe as Visas Marr and Darth Revan

To see a greater sampling of costuming at Dragon*Con I invite you to visit my gallery;

DragonConXXIII_banner.jpg

(Click on the banner to view the full gallery.)

Be well,

Thomas

Guest Daritha

Wonderful shots, Thomas. Mary Ellen's Nightsister is one of the greatest ideas this year. She and this guy are my favorites.

You've mentioned that Angela is Hesta. Who is this character? I don't know her and a Google search just get me to real estate agents or craftsmen. :?

Guest Anonymous

really nice pics as usual Thomas ;)

i luv the night sister costume :shock: so beautiful !

the UK DN is the man i met in FACTS in Belgium

really sweet guy !

i luv your Clone Emperor and your Imperial Knight

perhaps one day i can see in real your Clone Emperor :D

Guest Daritha

Oh, the "real" Hestia? I thought some Anime character or someone who's simply named like her. Thanks for the info, General!

i luv the night sister costume :shock: so beautiful !

It's a thrilling outfit. I'm curious how much time she needs for the make-up/costume itself.