• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

FORUM UPGRADES!

DarthBrute

Hello and good afternoon Flagship Eclipse Members! I am pleased to announce some coming changes to The Flagship Eclipse Forums!

Upgrade and some additions: We will be upgrading the forum software to its new up to date version which will help with keeping your accounts secure and the forums free of spam bots. With the upgrade will come a double verification system for sign ups. This will cut down on the amount of fake accounts trying to get signed up.

**insert epic trumpet call**

TAPATALK!!!! Yes Tapatalk functionality will be added to the forums as well as a Mobile Skin! When on your tablet or mobile phone browsers the forums will automatically forward to the mobile skin to make load times and viewing easier and faster. Don't want to use the mobile skin? Click the button at the bottom and you will be forwarded to the....DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUUN...

The new Forum look! Yes a new look is coming to the forums! You will also be able to choose between the different looks. But for everyone's viewing pleasure the new look will be the default so people can get a good gander of it. Don't want to use the new look or just want to switch back and forth? You will be able to do that under your User Control Panel: Board Preferences==>Edit Global Settings

Ooh and a new Ranking system. Not only will you show off your post count but you'll get a cool rank to go with it. And you will get a better definition of who's who around the forums!

When are these awesome changes coming about you ask? These changes will come in two phases; Phase 1 being the software/security upgrade and Phase 2 being the new look and mobile version/Tapatalk. They will begin tomorrow night (10OCT2013) with the uploading of all necessary files. The actual upgrade will begin Thursday with the new look and mobile skin coming on Saturday night.

On Thursday and Saturday night the Forums will be locked and users force logged off. This is to ensure a nice clean transition with the upgrades. The staff at The Flagship Eclipse apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. But we hope you enjoy the changes that are coming!

And as always feel free to PM me or leave a message on the board if you have any issues.

Respectfully,

Mike Harshbarger

DarthBrute

SL-9730

TFE Webmaster

Ok so 80% of the changes have been implemented. The forum software has been updated and new security changes have also been updated.

You can now find Flagship in tapatalk! The mobile skin is active but it is very bare bones with a simple color scheme.

The new forum design has been made the default but as I said before you can change it between the different looks by going through your UCP.

I hope everyone enjoys the changes. Restructuring of the forums and final changes will be made shortly and the boards will not have to come down as long for those.

I apologize for the lengthy time it took to finish the big updates but I hope you like the changes that occured!

Please feel free to send me a PM if you notice any problems.

**EDIT** I fixed the issue with the Mobile skin not showing up. You can now see the mobile skin on your phone and tablet. Sorry it was 1AM when I stopped last night and forgot a step. :)

Respectfully,

Mike Harshbarger

DarthBrute

SL-9730

TFE Webmaster

Thank you Nefthys!

Finished the Ranking system. Now everyone should have some kind of image dependent on their rank. Deleted the Detachment/Legion member rankings. There are Det/Legion Groups so no one has lost any permissions associated with their accounts.

Smilies on the way! Star Wars smilies icons are going to be uploaded. I am also going to create a few of my own that represent some of our titular characters here at TFE.

If you have any issues with accessing any of the forums that you were able to before please let me know. I am shuffling things around a bit and reapplying permissions. I have it all mapped out on paper so I am pretty confident that you will not notice anything. But just in case please let me know.

On top of the Special Ranks that can only be assigned to certain personnel on the forums other ranks are earned by post count:

Jen'jidai.....................0

Acolyte....................10

Sith Apprentice.........50

Sith Overseer...........100

Jen'ari.....................200

Grand Lord...............300

Sith Master...............400

Emperor's Wrath.......500

Sith'ari...................1000

Each rank is achieved by reaching the above post count. Everyone starts out as a Jen'jidai (Sith for Dark Jedi). The more involved you are with the Detachment gives you a new rank. This is just a fun way to get people more involved with the Detachment and have a little bragging rights. :)

Also you will notice to the side there is a new field for you to put your Garrison! You can change that field under your UCP as well.

ANOTHER WONDERFUL UPDATE!!!!

Alright, so I had to be a complete asshat and make all of you resize your images because they would not fit in the forums constraints on new posts. As you may have noticed, I took that away recently. Well that was to test a new functionality for the forums!

(Please use echoing voice when reading this next part)

AUTOMATIC IMAGE THUMBNAILING AND RESIZING SO WE CAN ALL SEE YOUR AWESOME COSTUMES IN FULL DETAIL BUT NOT IN A MASSIVE IMAGE AS SOON AS THE PAGE LOADS TOOL!

Hmmm. That may be too long of a title to use for that. Especially when using the big booming echoing guys voice. How about just ReIMG? Yea that works cause that is what it is called.

Anyway, before my insanity completely takes over....

Well this will allow you to insert an image using the IMG tag and when you attach the image (at full size) and it will automatically resize the image to a previously specified width and height. (This is where it gets cool.) You can now click on the image to get a slightly bigger version of it. (Wait there's more.) Ooh ooh ooh! What if I want to see the full size of the picture you say?

Well if you click on the little magnifying glass in the upper-left corner of the picture then it will do just that!

I dedicate this Modification to Mynock. This one is for you pal!!! :lol:

Stay tuned to this thread for further updates. One day I am going to tackle the .......IMAGE GALLERY!!!

Oh and I changed the Avatar max size to unlimited as long as it stays under 125 px by 125 px.