• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Nihilus by Nihilus (update Dec 8th 2012)

Guest Nihilus

Guest Nihilus

They have to be pulled in.. at the moment my hood and cap don't have the knot on them yet... cause the way it was made it had to hooks to close that is way to high up and tight. I am getting the stuff to fix the hood into place an so I can have what looks like a knot at the front and sides will be pulled in. If I have to try make the ears small that is going to be a bugger to fix I will have to ruin the whole helmet and buy more molding paste and start all over again and loose over a month. :?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nihilus

Got the Obi fixed for my costume cause it was just to big.. so got the press studs on it to resize it. Got work on the cape and hood tomorrow :) Can't wait I am sooo close to finishing my Darth Nihilus!

Guest Nihilus

Finally finished my Darth Nihilus costume, just got to take better pics to submit, couldn't take them today cause it is cold and wet outside and was going to take them outside where there is better light.

Here the pics I took today in full costume.

100_3264.jpg

100_3268.jpg

100_3261.jpg

Guest Aysel

there is still some issues with your cat ears, you'll need to somehow pull the the fabric on the top and side down and in, your loosing the shape of the ears because of that and the head looks too wide with the fabric on the sides the way it is now.

Katie

Guest Nihilus

So Katie, I need to pull sides of the hood in at the side of the ears so I get outline of the ears on the side?

Guest Nihilus

How does this look Katie? I think it looks a lot better.... I just need to lower the knot a little with the changes I have made.

I am very limited to what i can do cause the way my hood and cape were made :(

293734_183123051819265_2124282017_n.jpg

Guest Aysel

yes that's part of it, the sides of the face are really skinny, usually no more that about 1/2 inch to 3/4 of an inch (3/4 is pushing it) so pulling in the sides of the fabric so it follows the line of the cat ear down

normal_COTFNihilusMask.jpg

see how skinny the sides are? when your working on your face helmety thing, have this pic up as reference and try to match it as closely as you can

^_^ Katie

Guest Nihilus

I see have the hood continuing down on the cheek bone.. :) I think maybe on my black out hood put a piece of velcro on the side my white mask and on the inside of the hood. it would help pull it in onto the cheek bone so it doesn't move maybe.

Guest Nihilus

3rd go.. This looks as good as it is going to get with what I have got.

It looks a hell of a lot better and more Nihilus to me.

529176_183175318480705_2098452707_n.jpg

Guest Nihilus

Well waiting to here back from my GML, I sent him my pics today to see if I am ready to submit them to the 501st...

Nervous as hell waiting to find out if I am good to go.. It will be even worse when i am waiting for the 501st to get back to me. :?

It's looking really good! I know that feeling of waiting. Thankfully they got back to me pretty quick because they knew I was in a rush trying to get approved for a big convention in town. Only had to wait 4 days before they got back to me, but man.... those were 4 very long days! hehe.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Nef

Guest Nihilus

Thanks Nef.. I am waiting cause I am trying to get my numbers before the 21st of this month.. 21st is the first Ever Kidsflix even being held here in Tasmania. I sooo want to be able to troop for it.

Guest Aysel

ok, really the only thing I see "wrong" with this last go around is the amount of scoop you have on the top of the ears, it really should be more pronounced then it is, but it is better than what you had going on before. Is there anyway to make it more pronounced with the helmet rig you current have?

^_^ Katie

Guest Nihilus

The way my hood and cat ears work is each time I put it on I adjust them and tuck the fabric tighter.

I need some more stuff to keep it tight, but a little short on cash specially now I got see about a new laptop so I can keep in touch here and at the other 501st sites.

Guest Nihilus
Sorry but i have a problem to find gloves, shoes and mask under nihilus mask...can you help me?

Hi Okrim

Are you after a blackout hood or the white mask that makes up his face? I can give you a couple of connections to get the white mask of Darth Nihilus if that is what you are after let me know and I will get the info to you. :)

For the black out hood I ended up buying blackout hood off ebay. I made sure it was see through cause some are not see through.

The Gloves I ended up getting off ebay I looked under Leather Gauntlet Gloves.

Guest Anonymous
Sorry but i have a problem to find gloves, shoes and mask under nihilus mask...can you help me?

Hi Okrim

Are you after a blackout hood or the white mask that makes up his face? I can give you a couple of connections to get the white mask of Darth Nihilus if that is what you are after let me know and I will get the info to you. :)

For the black out hood I ended up buying blackout hood off ebay. I made sure it was see through cause some are not see through.

The Gloves I ended up getting off ebay I looked under Leather Gauntlet Gloves.

Thanks for all, i'm really interested where you buy a black mask behind white?

I need to make 2 changes to my Darth Nihilus costume and take some new pics... I am just at at a loss what to do with one the changes I need to make.

got cut a little off the sleeves so they don't bunch up and look to baggy. Thats easy to fix, but I need to fix the cat ears and hood so they are not as sloppy looking O.o I always felt i have trouble with them. I am very limited to what I can do with the hood and cape. :?

I'm still really concerned with how wide the hood is at your face, along with how big your ear shapes are. If you can bring the sides of the hood in closer to the face and reduce the size of your ears a little I think you'd have a better face/hood shape. I'm just worried about the face area. ^_^ It funny how most the time the problem is that the ears are too small, but you've gone the other way ^_^ Also I noticed that your shoes are really shinny ^_^ and since Nihilus is "tore up from the floor up" his shoes aren't that shinny, not a big deal on that but something I'd like you to think about ^_^ the hood is my main concern for your submission.

^_^ Katie

Guest Nihilus

Thanks Katie :) Feeling I will be told I am going to have to do more work on the costume by the 501st. I know what is wrong with the hood got get some new velcro it usually attaches to the mask that is how I got it really good. But when I made the changes it seem to have lost its grip. I'll get there :wink:

Guest Nihilus

I worked on my hood again.. cause I promised to take better pics for the 501st, I didn't even get a reply about my 2nd lot pics. :roll:

Worked out in the mean time what to do to make them better, will work on it Friday and bit luck will get some better pics taken on the weekend.

409288_223710514427185_1841938323_n.jpg

Guest Nihilus

Just thought I would post this here, yesterday my Darth Nihilus T-shirt arrived.

Later on when I have got my numbers I will customize with my Squads patch etc.

407660_224095681055335_401276482_n.jpg