• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Nihilus by Nihilus (update Dec 8th 2012)

Guest Nihilus

Guest Nihilus

Not sure how long it will be till I get my costume.. Garry that works for Twin Roses Designs broke his collarbone and had to have a steal plate put in. I talked to him last week a little on the Facebook page to Twin Roses, he was back at work but could only use one arm and will be out about 8 weeks till he can use his arm full again. So they are down one man at Twin Roses for awhile.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nihilus

Heard from Andrea from Twin Roses Designs, my costume should be finished in about a week! Yayayayaya! :)

Also Garry is doing a lot better after his operation from where he broke his collarbone, but still cant return to his usual job at Twin Roses.

Guest Aysel
Heard from Andrea from Twin Roses Designs, my costume should be finished in about a week! Yayayayaya! :)

Also Garry is doing a lot better after his operation from where he broke his collarbone, but still cant return to his usual job at Twin Roses.

good news then!

^_^ Katie

Guest Nihilus

good news then!

^_^ Katie

Yes Katie :D

With a bit luck, I will have my costume approved and excepted and get my numbers in the 501st before the next troop here.

Guest Nihilus

Update: I got an email earlier this evening saying my costume is now finished, and it will be posted out to me tomorrow :D

I am so excited can't wait for it to come in! :mrgreen:

Guest Nihilus

Andrea never sent me any .... :?

"Quick note to let you know I have finished your new costume and it will ship to you tomorrow (Friday our time). We will send a scan of the shipping receipt along with the customs form so that you can track the parcel to a certain extent on its way to you."

This is some what she said, the rest was just a run down on how to care for it and wash my costume etc.

Guest Nihilus

I got another email earlier today my costume got posted and I should get it in 6 to 10 days 8)

Guest Nihilus
So exciting! Looking forward to seeing photo's!

Cheers,

Nef

Yeah it is exciting Nef :) hope it gets here soon :mrgreen:

Guest Nihilus

Got a pair of leather gauntlets yesterday for $4.95. They are old so they will look better with my tattered costume. Just got see about getting a belt now. and work out the cat ears when my costume comes in later on in the week or early next week.

Guest Nihilus

Wooo hoooo my Darth Nihilus Costume arrived today! :mrgreen:

Here is a couple pics, I got make a change to the hood on my cape so its got the not, but that wont be to hard. Also I got now work out how to do the cat ears and get my belt and waiting on my gloves to arrive.

So please be kind these are my first pics :oops:

100_3234.jpg

100_3236.jpg

Guest Sarah1968
Wooo hoooo my Darth Nihilus Costume arrived today! :mrgreen:

Here is a couple pics, I got make a change to the hood on my cape so its got the not, but that wont be to hard. Also I got now work out how to do the cat ears and get my belt and waiting on my gloves to arrive.

So please be kind these are my first pics :oops:

100_3234.jpg

100_3236.jpg

Yay!! Go Shaun!! Looking forward to seeing the whole shebang matey :)

Holy sh... robes, Batman! Those are weathered. :)

I'm curious as to how you'll bring a knot to that cloak. Once you do, it'll sit lower on your chest and take some of the drape out of your hood.

The sides of the cloak ought to drape over your shoulders and not down at your elbows.

I'm not actually critiquing your costume yet, since I know it's not finished. I'm glad to see that it's arrived and I bet that you're thrilled.

Guest Nihilus

Thanks Sarah and Shawn :)

The way I am going to do the knot is, get a chain.. then buy fabric and wrap it around the chain so it can't me seen and at the back of it have Velcro to hold it so it looks like it is the cape and hood has the not.

I couldn't get the cape to just sit on my shoulder that is the only think I find annoying this small clasp to hold it close and it is a little tight so with a small chain it will give me room to move the cape onto my shoulder.

:D

I am soo excited :mrgreen:

If you sew a couple of hook and eye closures on your costume (on the underside of the cloak atop your shoulders and on top of your outer tunic's shoulders) the closures will hold the cloak right where you want it to rest. That's how mine is set up.

Those look great! You must be pleased. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole costume come together.

Cheers,

Nef

Guest Nihilus

Yep I am very pleased with it Nef :)

My leather gloves arrived in the post yesterday. So only need to get a belt and the cat ears made up now.

Guest Sarah1968
Yep I am very pleased with it Nef :)

My leather gloves arrived in the post yesterday. So only need to get a belt and the cat ears made up now.

Almost there matey! It's coming together really quickly now :D

Can I ask where you got your gloves? I've found some I like but they turn out costing a squillion. Did you find yours locally, ie Tassy, eBay or a different source?

I'm struggling to find exactly what I'm after without sacrificing a human organ as payment.

I'd appreciate your advice.

Regards

Sez.

Guest Nihilus

I brought old leather gloves off ebay for $14.00 from the USA. I like them cause they look old and will look better with the costume seeing it is tattered.

I will see if I can find anything for you that wont break the bank ;)

Guest Sarah1968
I brought old leather gloves off ebay for $14.00 from the USA. I like them cause they look old and will look better with the costume seeing it is tattered.

I will see if I can find anything for you that wont break the bank ;)

S'okay. I think I found some today. Cheap as chips too - like $3.00 cheap as chips so it doesn't matter if they're craptacular, but I don't think they are.

Found some AWESOME ones on the young peoples internet but they are a little expensive. However in saying that, they are leather after all. Unsure which ones would be suitable for approval.

Case in point ==> http://www.aliexpress.com/store/403175/ ... loves.html

These ones specifically caught my eye but they're ruched and not quite long enough for my liking as per the Nihilus KOTOR CGL reference.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs-im ... lers.html#