• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

New Nihilus need critiquie

Guest Anonymous

I've been watching your build as you've been making the suggested changes. This version of Nihilus is deceptively simple (I know, I'm still building my husband's) and I want to commend you on the speed at which your making the changes. Good luck with the last little bit you've got to get done

(^_^) Katie

Guest Anonymous

Thank you Katie! You are very right it's the simplest costume but the look has to be right. I have a 2xDZ/BH/TS/TD/ID and this is the first one to not pass the first time. The help has been great. Thanks again for the comments.

Woody

For me, the deceptive simplicity is a large part of the appeal of this costume. It's a costume that many people can look at and say, "I can do that!" And that's great for inspiring possible future 501st members. But once you really get into the costume you find the aggravations of defying the laws of nature with the hood. And once you've tamed the beast, you've got a stunning costume that's actually quite intimidating to look at. I love being a Sith Lord!

Agreed, much better, but not quite ready yet.

Went just a little too far with minimizing the horns.

Here's a rough pic of what you're looking for (forgive the photoshop work...it's not my forte.)

woodman.jpg

Basically raise the horns back up just a bit to create a more squared look for the top.

And move them forward. In profile, the cowl should cover almost all of the face.

Hi,

We won't be able to make you a member of the detachment until your costume is approved by the legion membership officer(s). I imagine your GML approved it for moving forward to the next step in the approval process, but it's not yet officially official. Once the costume is approved by a LMO, you will show up on our roster on the legion database, and then we can make you a member of the detachment and teach you the secret handshake.

Pam :-)