• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

MOTHER TALZIN WIP

romero4444

I have finished wrapping the vest, the top pieces on the back have velcro on them so that I can peal Lisa out of it after a troop. Also after tanning the leather it appears that the brown fabric I was going to use on the arms doesn't quite match the color on the vest. Do you guys think this is close enough, or should I continue looking for fabric?

001-4_zps3d7882b3.jpg

004-3_zps77982b22.jpg

005-3_zps3d2e45e6.jpg

006-3_zps380c002e.jpg

002-3_zpse7548eff.jpg

003-3_zpsba08c36c.jpg

Just doing a quick glance myself, I would hold the two pieces you have up to the source images. Using multiple images to be sure you're right on point with the shade.

Then, compare the vest and the fabric. Which one is closer? If it's the fabric, is it possible you can get the leather closer via dyes? If it's the fabric, maybe a dye, or getting a different fabric. The leather seems to have a lot more red in it which I like, whereas the fabric seems to have a nice contrasting brown look to it. I like both, but I don't think they look close enough to be the "same material".

"You're gonna put an eye out."

This is probably one of my favorite WIPs right now. The thought hadn't occured to me, but how flexible are those, how are you going to get through doors, and how often are you going to have a handler to help prevent you from poking people?

Not a terrible problem but just something to think on.

I know, right? :twisted: We will have to turn her sideways where there are no double doors, and just let everyone know they need to watch out. lol Her train and side pieces are around 3' out from her feet, so no one will be able to get very close on the sides anyway.

This whole costume is looking amazing so far! Just love seeing the progress on it!

Cheers,

Nef

Thanks Nef, pics of the wrap and belt coming within the next few days. Hoping to complete it for a library event on Saturday. We need a "test run" :wink: before Phoenix Comic Con at the end of the month. Wish us luck! :D

What a beautiful costume!

I think you'll need to raise the shoulder pieces before the costume would be approved. Yours are quite horizontal, extending directly out to the sides, while the reference images show them at a much higher angle. I love your fabric choices for this costume; they work really well.

1.jpg

Nice work!

Pam :-)

That is really amazing. So glad to see it all together. :D

I guess I didn't realize just how large those trailers you made were, wow! I'm imagining a lot of people stepping on them, would not want them getting ripped/excessively soiled. :shock:

Lol, I know right? We did a library event on Saturday, and a few people stepped on the side trains. Other than that, not too bad. Thanks guys, Pam the shoulder blades are at a 45 angle until I put them on her, then they sag under their own weight...I may have to put wedges or heavy padded shoulder pads under her vest in order for them to rise back up, thanks for the heads up! I will work on them this week and hopefully get it right within the next few days. :D

Just guessing here, I by no means have a protractor available at hand. You look to be at about 40-45 degrees on the shoulderblades and if I had to shoot from the hip I'd say they need to come up about 20 degrees, and that's just a guess. I flipped back and forth between the picture Pam provided and this most recent one. I do notice a stark improvement from the first one though, and was startled by how awesome she looks in the full getup.

Yes, I understand. I know that photo, it's a Photoshopped pic from the blu-ray 360 turntable of the night sisters. I think for that picture they raised her shoulder blades considerably. Trust me, I've made a book with TONS of reference photos after many late nights freeze framing my blu discs trying to make pics of different parts of her costume from many different angles. :roll: I suppose if I had to fight for my beliefs with the command staff on this it would be with some of the photos I've taken and found on the internet like these:

relationship1_zpsd3403a81.jpg

3472601_zps1237dcf2.jpg

I have many more at home if it will help my case. lol The shoulder blades are so heavy, they are starting to really hurt her actual shoulders. :oops: