• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sume WIP Darth Revan

Sume

Hello.  I recently found out more about the 501st and cosplay after attending my first game convention.  It made me want to join up and I decided after doing some searching around to make Darth Revan. 

I want to make sure everything I get is approved and appropriate for the costume.  I am looking at the Wicked Armor Revan set.  Seems to be very accurate.  

Looking at posts there seemed to be some issues.   Are those still true? Or was that a version 1 issue as it looks like its on a version 2. I did send a message about inquiry into the costume and have not heard back. 

I am sure there will be some work needing to be done ti make sure the armor sits right even if its to my measurements. If I run into problems I hope I can post and get help.

If the Wicked Armor is a good base to use.  I have found a place that has boots for this but seem expense at 200.  When I am at home I can grab the link.  I am okay with the price if the boots can be tailored to me.  As I have flat feet and I usually need special inserts and only found 2 shoe brands that work without them.  Guess 200 is small to pay if I can get something tailored for my needs.

Gloves seem easy enough.  I think I'll not get them from Wicked Armor unless the gloves are well fitting.   My hands are on the smaller size of things for men sizes.  That I often find better fitting with ones made for women.

Not sure what to do about the lightsaber.  I want to go with the single red saber and wasn't sure where to get a decent one. Seeing the price of the armor and potential boots.  I dont want to buy something at a high cost. Honestly not even sure what to look for in lightsabers.

Thank you for reading and any helpful comments and tips.

I just got my version two kit approved with zero issues.

For boots gloves and lightsaber my WIP thread has what I used, I was super cheap and found gloves  and boots on walmart and added a toe strap vice ordering from Crowprops (love Gio, have his boots for my OT TIE Pilot).

Light saber I got from Saberpro around the holidays on sale and it's decent for a base saber, eventually plan to upgrade that.

Ordered the soft parts and armor placed with Wicked Armor. In a week or two, will pick up the balaclava, gloves and lightsaber.  Not sure about the boots yet but may just get the crowprops ones, and pants will be easy as I have a pair of black dress paints that don't get worn too often.  

Edited by Sume

The lightsaber came in last week.  Never had one before.  Took me a little bit to figure out the way to make the blade change colors.  Got it set to red.  Didnt figure out the volume but guess lightsabers are supposed to be loud.

4 hours ago, Sume said:

The lightsaber came in last week.  Never had one before.  Took me a little bit to figure out the way to make the blade change colors.  Got it set to red.  Didnt figure out the volume but guess lightsabers are supposed to be loud.

Where did you get your lightsaber? They can be tricky to operate with all the gesture controls, especially depending on the sound board you have. If it's overwhelming for you like it was for me, you could try reaching out to experts like Ronin Sabers for customizations.

I got this one:  Darth Revan's 'Revanite' Neopixel Lightsaber or Baselit Lightsaber with Blade, Smoothswing Sound - 4 Hilt Colors.  I made sure to get the hilt matching to the CRL and the picture is posted up above.  I never had a lightsaber before so it will still be a learning experience.  I felt Darth Revan from KTOR one is my goal, later can go for KTOR 2.  If I feel confident about keeping an eye on two lightsabers.  

3 hours ago, Sume said:

I got this one:  Darth Revan's 'Revanite' Neopixel Lightsaber or Baselit Lightsaber with Blade, Smoothswing Sound - 4 Hilt Colors.  I made sure to get the hilt matching to the CRL and the picture is posted up above.  I never had a lightsaber before so it will still be a learning experience.  I felt Darth Revan from KTOR one is my goal, later can go for KTOR 2.  If I feel confident about keeping an eye on two lightsabers.  

Nice one! Just remember that it is the exact same hilt for double of KOTOR2 Revan.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DarthValkyria said:

Nice one! Just remember that it is the exact same hilt for double of KOTOR2 Revan.

That is what I thought.  I decided to go with one as it is far easier to keep track of one.  I wonder if there is a way to get the lightsaber to "clip" onto the belt but will have to wait tell the armor is done to explore that idea.  

22 hours ago, Sume said:

I asked where. Korbanth? Dark Wolf? Artsabers?

I have my boots in from Crowprops.  I figured since I have issues with boots normally, chaffing the back of my heels and or not fitting right.  I will invest in something that will fit me well.  I tried them on and was pleasantly surprised how well they fit.  First time ever actually having footwear sized to me.  I mentioned to sales I would most likely need to place inserts in the boots.  They also provided me a pair of inserts that were cut exactly as needed.  Now just waiting for the rest of the costume from Wicked Armor. 

I need to get and take photos of what I have received so far this costume.  Since the parts I been waiting for from Wicked Armor has been finished and been shipped to me.  Oh I feel like its Christmas now haha.

I didn't take pictures of the gloves, pants and balaclava.  As I felt the balaclava is just that and I ordered it in black. The gloves are from etsy as the medieval costume gloves, also in black. Pants are just plain bkack dress pants I found at goodwill with the tags still on. Waiting for the shipping to update now.  I was having problems with photos uploading.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14nd3PVv0QnaMq7_pwxuGMrYQie_MuW9R?usp=sharing

Edited by Sume

I think I have the costume set up now.  I am just trying to get help with taking the photos as I cant really do it myself.  One guy told me to get a professional photographer and I figured that was way too much.  To get the required photos.

13 hours ago, Sume said:

I think I have the costume set up now.  I am just trying to get help with taking the photos as I cant really do it myself.  One guy told me to get a professional photographer and I figured that was way too much.  To get the required photos.

You don't need a professional photographer. Newer iPhone/Android cameras are great and anyone can use them.

• Like 1

I was asking around for help with photos. Going to get help from my folk. Since I am going to visit for Father's Day. It's like a 2 hour drive but hey at least I can get the photos and get it already for submission later.

I got help from Mom getting the photos ready.  Not entirely sure I have everything done correctly though.  Of course Mom was like I dont know if anything is out of place or not.

Resized_20230617_191731.jpeg

Resized_20230617_191553.jpg

Resized_20230617_191429.jpg

Resized_20230617_191505.jpg

Resized_20230617_191353.jpg

Resized_20230617_191258.jpg

Edited by Sume

My only real recommendations for basic are just make sure the armor lines up nicely on the bottom edge and pull down the hood a bit more to cover the top of the mask. Good luck with the approval submission! :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DarthValkyria said:

My only real recommendations for basic are just make sure the armor lines up nicely on the bottom edge and pull down the hood a bit more to cover the top of the mask. Good luck with the approval submission! :) 

I noticed the same things after Mom sent me the pictures.  I fixed the velcro on the one side after I got home.  Mom wasnt sure where the hood was supposed to be.  As I had her fit it.  I should had put the gloves on last but didnt.  Thank you.

Congrats!!

Just out of curiosity, you used the above pictures except you retook one photo for the hood? Only asking because it sometimes feels like my local garrison approval person is gatekeeping.. like he insists on super high res photos so he can zoom and and examine EVERY minor little detail. It's honestly a little discouraging. after a year or so of off and on working on my Revan, I made a Jawa just to try and get something quickly approved so I could troop, and now I'm struggling to get a Jawa past him too.. 😕

oh well, it is what it is. I'm happy for you bro! go out there and have some fun!! :D

15 hours ago, Sume said:

I been approved.  Did need to retake a picture of the hood. I managed to get it proper and was sort of hard to take the picture myself. 

Congrats!!! 

• Like 1