• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Who I am is not important, my WIP is!

Occanum

Working on a Level 1 Darth Revan (KOTOR I & II) Looking forward to your feedback!

Component source is Wicked Armor unless otherwise specified. Ordered 5/23/23 - Received 8/31/23

=============

Edited by Occanum
  • Like 1

Few questions to start:

1. Advice on ordering from Wicked or Crow?
  2. Recommended saber installer?
  3. Pants, would something like this pass? https://www.amazon.com/TSLA-Compression-Athletic-Leggings-Non-Pocket/dp/B094TYTD5M/
  4. Is there any voice changing equipment people use while trooping?
  5. Did I miss anything in the build list above?

This slipped right past my notifications. 
1. I like MWAs V2 Revan armor best of the available vendors.

2. No clue there, I had mine custom made from a friend back in the day.

3. Those work just fine.

4. Not for Revan. 

5. I don't know if MWAs kits include a balaclava or not. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sume said:

I am waiting for my order from Wicked. Should be finishing up soon.  I am very pleased with the boots from Crowprops.  

I own a pair of Crow Kylo Ren boots. They fit really well and don't cause any discomfort while trooping.

• Like 1

I decided to get the Crowprops Revan boots made.  As I normally have all sorts of issues with boots.  Figured ones fitted to me, will solve that.  I also normally have to use inserts and gel inserts in my shoes. I made mention of that to sales and I was pleasantly surprised they also included inserts with the order.  I felt that was a neat touch.  I have only tried them on and took a some practice walks around the house with them.  Waiting for the rest of the costume and looking forward to going out with it.

• Like 1

No mention of how to wear the saber in CRL. What is everyone using, Covertec Wheel or D Ring? If Covertec what color and how are you placing the clip on your costume?

Edited by Occanum
  • Like 1

The revans I know don’t actually use a d-ring or covertec for their costumes. They just kinda troop with saber in hand. Additionally since lightsabers are optional accessories and the crl doesn’t exclusively specify that it HAS  to have a d-ring or covertec your not required to have one. 

Another piece of advise id offer as this has been a recurring issue with revan and nihilus costumers, where I’m from. Sometimes overheating can be a big issue depending on the environment you’re trooping in. I would advise investing in a good cooling vest. I have one for my nihilus and it absolutly helps keep me chilled on big troops. It’s not required for an approval but will help in the long run :) 

Boots

Crowprops came in 6/9/23. Arrived within stated time frame and packed well. With the exception of some excess material on the sole exterior they are top notch. I telework, so wore them around for a few days and they're very comfortable. Tried with and without the included insoles, decided to wear them.

CRL

• Level 1
    • The boots may be black or medium to dark gray in color.
    • There is a wide strap that goes over the top of the foot from one edge of the sole to the other. The strap is approximately 1.5” wide.
    • The heels are low, and there are no visible laces or additional strapping outside of the single strap matching the reference images.
    • If there is a zipper present, it is hidden on the inside of the boot.
  • Level 2
    • The boots are square-toed and black with a silvery-grey weathering.

Revan_boots.png

All component images -> https://imgur.com/a/lBESk6N

xyKWveH.jpg

Edited by Occanum

Pants

For years I had my doubts about Yoga Pants and the like. MAAAAN was I wrong! Order a pair from Amazon, then ordered another. If my body wasn't so lumpy I'd wear them in public :lol: I spared you all and posted images from the advertisement.

CRL

• Level 1
    • The pants are black material with no decorative embellishments.

Wuher_pants.jpg

All component images -> https://imgur.com/a/CO9UxZh

HMmlZHT.jpg

Edited by Occanum

Mask

Wicked Armor's mask comfortably fits my M.O.D.O.K. sized head. Both straps are fully adjustable. Visibility is not great though, will take some getting used to. However, not having to wear a full helmet will lower overall costume heat.

CRL

• Level 1
    • The mask extends up to the top of the head, but does not extend more than 1” below the chin.
    • It has a dark gray and rust red color scheme on the front, and the paint is heavily weathered.
    • The eye slit is filled with a lens that is dark enough to obscure the eyes behind it.
    • The chin of the mask includes two “prongs” with accompanying hardware.
      • Note: the flat chin mask used in SWTOR is NOT approvable as it is not the KOTOR style of mask.
    • Black side panels matching the game renders may be included to cover the sides of the costumer's face, but they are not required.
      • Note: It is not clear if the black area visible in the game render was meant to be a piece of the mask, or if it is a rough rendering of Revan's face which was supposed to be hidden by the hood. Because of this uncertainty, the black side panels may be included or left off of the mask at the costumer's discretion.

SL_revan_mask.jpg

All component images -> https://imgur.com/a/wAydI5q

Kfe8cAH.jpg

Edited by Occanum

Gloves

Wicked Armor's gloves have a soft cotton lining that doesn't add much overall girth. Stylish, thin, and comfortable.

CRL

• Level 1
    • The gloves are made of undecorated black leather or fabric.
    • They are long enough to conceal any skin that might show on the wrists, and are worn tucked under the vambraces.

SL_revan_gloves.jpg

All component images -> https://imgur.com/a/boWlP0r

GeVvITI.jpg

kxspB1Y.jpg

I live in Southern California so heat mitigation is a top priority and removing the lining on my Kylo Ren gloves helped. I decided to the the same with these. It's a pretty simple process but intimidating if you've never never done it before:

1. Turn the glove inside out. Use chopstick to gently push the fingers through
  2. Cut along the wrist seam, being careful not to cut leather
  3. Gently pull liner from wrist to fingers, like you would take off a t-shirt
  4. Cut thread on liner fingertips that connect to leather
  5. Turn the glove right side out

7i7zC9Y.jpg

The gloves have some internal stitching that rubs a bit, but it's not irritating.

Edited by Occanum

Vambraces

Did a preliminary fitting and they're correctly sized. We'll see if any modifications need to be made once I do my actual fitting. Really like the paint job.

CRL

• Level 1
    • The vambraces are made of a rigid material which encloses the entire forearm in a seamless, single piece.
    • They extend from the wrist to just below the elbow on each arm.
    • A ridge design runs up the interior seam of each vambrace with a seam line running along the exterior side.
    • Another ridge design consisting of three strips goes horizontally along the bottom edge nearest the wrist, and appears only on the upper half of the vambrace.
    • The armor has a metallic sheen and variable coloration, ranging from bronze, slightly copper or antique gold tones.

Revan_bracer.png

All component images -> https://imgur.com/a/fwuqXp2

AAJnCC1.jpg

Edited by Occanum

Hand Plates

Plates have two elastic bands, one that goes around the wrist and one around the middle finger. Good surface area without hanging over and black gloves hide the bands pretty well.

CRL

• Level 1
    • The hand armor is made of a rigid material.
    • It has a series of parallel ridges running horizontally across the center of the armor piece, and a smaller ridge design goes across the bottom edge of the hand armor, near the fingers.
    • The armor has a metallic sheen and variable coloration, ranging from bronze, slightly copper or antique gold tones.

Revan_handplates.png

All component images -> https://imgur.com/a/LesZZ8x

kURhNlR.jpg

Edited by Occanum

Chest Plate

Very happy multiple components are combined! Looking forward to try on and fitting.

CRL

Cuirass (Chest Armor)

• Level 1
    • The cuirass is made of a rigid material with a pattern of ridges that replicate the designs seen in the reference images.
    • The cuirass includes a raised black panel on each side of the chest that is made of a rigid material. These panels each have two loops built into them.
    • Each side of the capelet is attached to these loops with a pair of silver rings.
      • The upper rings are approximately 1” in diameter, while the smaller rings are approximately 3/4” in diameter.

Chest Armor Bridge

• Level 1
    • Located between the cuirass and abdominal armor is a middle section that connects the two armor pieces.
    • The bridging piece is made of black leather or vinyl with close horizontal ribbing running the full length, and silver paint weathering.
    • The bridging is approximately 4” tall, but should remain proportionate to the cuirass and abdominal armor in size.

Abdomen Armor

• Level 1
    • The abdominal armor is made of a rigid material and includes a pattern of ridges that match the design seen in the reference images.
    • At the hips are two arching black shapes.
    • There are six rings on the abdominal armor, and are equally spaced with the 6 rings located on the kidney armor.
      • The rings are 2” in diameter and are secured using leather straps attached to the inside of the abdominal armor. The straps are 1” wide and hang 1” from the bottom of the abdominal armor when folded over the ring.
  • Leve 2
    • There is a strip at the bottom of the armor of either fabric or plastic material.
      • The strip is either a deep red matching that of the red sash, or a reddish-brown matching the strip of the back armor.

Belt with O-Ring

• Level 1
    • Revan's belt is suspended in front of the abdominal portion of the armor.
    • Both sides of the belt slope downward at an angle to a large O-ring at the front.
    • The belt attaches to the abdominal and chest armor via straps on each side, rather than going entirely around the waist.
      • The straps are a leather-like black material that has been weathered with a silver paint.
    • The belt has silver/gray colored bands, and has 4 smaller o-rings.
      • Two rings are visible in the front, while each of the other two rings are visible from the side.
    • The O-Ring's top rests toward the bottom half of the abdominal armor piece.

Revan_curiass_chest.png

SL_revan_bridge.jpg

Revan_ab_armor.png

SL_revan_belt.jpg

All component images -> https://imgur.com/a/LrirOwk

2pCzQwK.jpg

Edited by Occanum

Back Plate

Very happy multiple components are combined! Looking forward to try on and fitting.

CRL

Back Armor

• Level 1
    • The back armor plate is made of a rigid material that continues the design of the front armor around so that the torso is fully enclosed.
    • The lower raised section is a reddish-brown.
    • There are indents on the lower left and right sides of the reddish-brown strip that are approximately 1" in length.

Back Armor Bridge

• Level 1
    • Located between the back plate and kidney armor is a section that connects the two armor pieces.
    • The bridging piece is made of black leather or vinyl with close horizontal ribbing running the full length, and silver paint weathering.
    • The bridging is no higher in height than 6”, but should remain proportionate to the back plate and kidney armor in size.

Kidney Armor

• Level 1
    • The kidney armor plate is made of a rigid material that continues the design of the front abdominal armor around so that the torso is fully enclosed.
    • There is a small rectangular detail on the center of the kidney armor plate that matches to the reference images.
    • There are six rings on the kidney armor, and are equally spaced with the 6 rings located on the abdominal armor.
      • The rings are 2” in diameter and are secured using leather straps attached to the inside of the kidney armor. The straps are 1” wide and hang 1” from the bottom of the kidney armor when folded over the ring.
  • Level 2
    • There is a reddish-brown strip on the bottom half of the kidney armor.
      • A rectangular raised section with a small raised middle is present at the middle of the reddish-brown strip.

Revan_backplate.pngSL_revan_bridge_back.jpgRevan_kidney_plate.png

All component images -> https://imgur.com/a/xI3RQwE

N78OBAK.jpg

Edited by Occanum

Amazon mannequin arrived today https://www.amazon.com/Mannequin-Clothing-Adjustable-Detachable-Realistic/dp/B0BJ2PT6TP/ref=sr_1_4?th=1

Looking for Star Wars related name suggestions.

Options:

1. Randy from Atton Rand
  2. Onasty from Carth Onasi 

Edited by Occanum

Shirt

Arm length is good, plenty of space to move in without pulling things out of place. Snug, soft and flexible. In the future I may replace with a modified long sleeve Under Armour shirt. That would eliminate a layer and reduce shirt thickness.

CRL

• Level 1
    • The shirt is made of black fabric with long sleeves.
    • A horizontal line of black piping is sewn across the chest, and is visible just above the chest armor.
    • The shirt collar is worn in a high, form-fitting style that reaches to or near the top of the neck.

450px-SL_revan_shirt.png

All component images -> https://imgur.com/a/wP8NyAY

H7XIGFE.jpg

Edited by Occanum

Hood and Capelet

Appears to meet component requirements. Hooks on cuirass are fixed and capelet attaches to the inside. Sure the details of this component will become more apparent during my first fitting.

CRL

• Level 1
    • Heavy black fabric is used for the hood and capelet.
    • The hood is full and encloses the face completely, or gives the illusion of being enclosed by crossing over in the middle above the curiass.
      • The lower front section of the hood tucks under the chest armor.
    • The capelet attaches to black fabric hook straps on the black sections of the cuirass via four silver rings, two larger and two smaller.
      • The capelet shoulders are NOT pleated. They are gathered and draped over the shoulders and down the back.
  • Level 2
    • The hood is fully enclosed in a single piece

Revan_hood.png

All component images -> https://imgur.com/a/J3l3XN1

bRRO2GV.jpg

Cape

Appears to meet component requirements. Mannequin and I are approximately the same height so length should be good. 

CRL

• Level 1
    • The cape is a series of knife pleats pointing towards the center of the cape, with a single box pleat in the center where the left and right directional knife pleats meet.

All component images -> https://imgur.com/a/8JLI6ua

dB9Uo7n.jpg

Split Skirt

Appears to meet component requirements. This one was a little tricky for me:

1) It took a wile to realize I put it on inside out.

2) The waist is secured by an elastic chord that slipped deep into the skirt loop (may not be the correct term) a few times. Pushing it back out the loop was a pain. Definitely looking for alternative options from the community.

GpfrBiJ.jpg

3) Splits are different. On the elastic tie side, its open from top to bottom. On the opposite side its only open half way. I guessed the full open side was front because Fabric Drapes will cover? But the same could be said for back split, it will be covered by the cape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

z22AuXy.jpg  18R9L4r.jpg

Wicked Armor's suit up vid might help clarify.

CRL

• Level 1
    • A split skirt is worn with a vertical split down the center of the front and back.
    • The waist of the skirt is not visible, and is covered by the abdominal and kidney armor.
    • The fabric is black, and reaches to the ankles, with large box pleats running vertically down both the left and right panels.

SL_revan_hakama.jpg

All component images -> https://imgur.com/a/33R2vP5

rPVJkv8.jpg

Lightsabers

Got both light and dark NeoPixel from Vader's Vault. A ready to ship Revanchist with covertec wheel installed and very cool blade plug. Also a customized REV-N Elite with copper accents and buttons with covertec wheel. I'm really pleased with the sound output/quality, LED brightness, exclusive sound fonts and chassis resilience. Order completion and shipping was much faster than I expected. Of the two blades they sent, one has as few LEDs glitching on the top section of one side. I have to submit a return request, will keep you posted on how that goes. 

CRL

Items below are optional costume accessories. These items are not required for approval, but if present appear as described below. If adding in an accessory after initial approval, the item still needs to be submitted to local GML for approval before use.

• If the costumer is portraying Darth Revan from Knights of the Old Republic, a single lightsaber is used. If the lightsaber includes a blade, the blade is red.
  • If the costumer is portraying Darth Revan from Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, then two lightsabers are carried. If the lightsabers are bladed, one blade is red, and the other is purple.
  • The hilt(s) match either the game file hilt from KOTOR I/II or the SW Encyclopedia entry for Darth Revan.
  • SWTOR hilts are NOT acceptable for either version.

Revan_saber_hilts.png

All component images -> https://imgur.com/a/CJHBouu

YfT9JnG.jpg

Edited by Occanum