• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Building a costume to join the 501

O.J. Toller

I’m starting to build a costume to join the 501st. I really appreciate what the group does within the community and I love the subject. I’m feel a little lost on where to begin. My wife and I moved to Tampa Florida about 4 months ago. 

How difficult is it to make a high enough quality costume to join this group. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 5:20 PM, O.J. Toller said:

I’m starting to build a costume to join the 501st. I really appreciate what the group does within the community and I love the subject. I’m feel a little lost on where to begin. My wife and I moved to Tampa Florida about 4 months ago. 

How difficult is it to make a high enough quality costume to join this group. 

It really depends on the type of costume you want to make.. What do you have in mind?

This detachment does have a lot to choose from, are you the only one who's interested or is your wife interested? My wife and I are Darth Revan and Bastila Shan from KOTOR. A couples costume set might be something fun, just go through the CRL and do some research on what you might be comfortable walking in, standing in, etc... Remember there are never any dumb questions.

I too am wondering about the difficulties.

What are things that will get you automatically disqualified?

Do people often have to re-submit?

Since I'm building a Mara Jade Skywalker, it seems to actually be one of the easier costumes. But I still want to do everything correctly.

Looking at the requirements on the website seem fairly straightforward, but I am a bit nervous I'm wrong about something.

Also, I'm nearly blind without my glasses and cannot wear contacts. I want to, I'm just unable to due to my eye condition. Would that disqualify me? Or should I just have someone go with me to guide me around lol

Medical conditions (such as visual impairment) are not a disqualifying factor. With such, you build the costume to the limit of those conditions. 

Your best bet is to create a WIP here so that other Mara members and our Costume Advisors can assist you along the way. It is a lot easier to fix some things in the build process than it is once the costume is done.

• Like 1

Hi there!

I´m struggling finding someone making a costume that would be approved, can´t find anyone in Spain avaliable and I´m really scare to buy in the wrong one...this people seems ok  Amion costumes

Did anyone even bought them a costume? I looking for a second sister one (I hope I´m not writing on the worng post)

Edited by Moonwalker