• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

The Emperor's Hand com costume - the robe and brown leather

Guest Sakara

yes those are a much better color choice for the leggings, now that I look at the comparison, shoot it looks like the boots your found even have that weird ankle wrinkle thing going on like the art

^_^ Katie

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Thanks! They are a snug pair and they were tricky to find. I got them from a place that sells wide calf boots . I was not aware that 15.5 inch calves was wide calf! I used to figure skate so legs are still muscled but not to the point of my thinking they were wide calf.. who knew? I figured they were a good match and did not have to dye them! They do have the creases/wrinkles in the leather when I point the toe trying to get that position :)

It's amazing how much difference a few details can make. I think you've got a great match now. Did you give the pauldrons a bit of weathering to make them match the vest? I'm not certain from the pictures. If you haven't, I'd suggest giving them a slight beating, too.

There's always something theraputic about weathering costumes after making them. It's like revenge for all of the frustrations they caused, with the added benefit of making the costume look lived-in!

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

I did weather the pauldrons also. The light clouds kept going by so fast and the brightness is washing them out. I used sand paper and scuffed them up.

Here are a couple of pictures I took indoors.

DSC02368.jpg

DSC02366.jpg

Heh, when I posted that the upgrades looked accurate on the GML forum, I was multitasking, and helping someone work on their green Admiral Daala costume at the same time. I mistyped and wrote that the "Daala" costume looked good. Then later realized my mistake... and then later again, realized that the name Daala still fit in that particular circumstance! I'm so confused.... :-D

Congratulations.

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Haha.. my admiral Daala ( flight suit) is approaching need for redoing as it is getting 'worn' from being worn so many times.

\I will put together the description for you and get whatever pictures to you that I have not posted here. I have some step by step pics for the tutorial!

Guest Mara Jade

Be careful what you wish for ;) the GML received a 40 page document with pictures and descriptions ect ;)

DSCF1033.jpg?t=1339001416

DSCF1031.jpg?t=1339001414

DSCF1025.jpg?t=1339001403

DSCF1024.jpg?t=1339001402

Guest Anonymous

Looks good. I see you chose to not do the broken pieces on the left epaulet as I did . Boots are hard to see. They are supposed to be gray so I can't tell if yours are or not. I like how you did the scarf hat and the vest looks really good. Nice job!! Did you find the pistol? Check on Ebay for them as that is where I got mine.