• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Nihilus WIP

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi im from Tijuana and starting a Nihilus costume, so i started with i think the most important part of the costume, that is the mask, so this past tuesday i bought clay and started sculpting, here are the results so far:

1003462.jpg

any comment-sugestion is gladly received :wink:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

i casted my face with the help of my wife so i could mold the mask to fit perfect

1003466.jpg

Then detached the molded mask of the manequin and tried it on so i could see where to fix and perfect the mask

1003470.jpg

Guest Anonymous
Muy bien maycol, seguro quedara maravilloso, luce muy bien, un sith mas para el garrison :P

Muchas gracias Zu, si que la garrison necesita mas lores sith, jijiji

Well, this weekend i molded and fited the mask to the "positive" i did on my face and added some detailes to it

1003475.jpg

Almost ready to be molded and correct every little datail

Guest Anonymous

The mask ready to be molded

1003482.jpg

Gloves made in Leon GTO Mexico

1003485e.jpg

1003487j.jpg

And last the belt made from leather and it only cost me 20 dlls ^_^

1003477p.jpg

And i already bought the fabric for the whole costume, my mother (now gratuated from the star wars costume university LOL) its gonna help me again with this new proyect

1003482.jpg vs normal_DNs.jpg

Before molding, take a moment to compare against the character you attempting to recreate.

To my eye the nose and philtrum slit are too wide and should be adjusted to better resemble the source. It is a subtle detail, but one that can really change how the costume is perceived.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest Anonymous

:D - Saludos hermano.. como te va ?.. Yo me llamo Martín..soy del Outpost Costa Rica, bienvenido! ..

Tu mascara esta imprecionante!, exelente trabajo! ..muy linda va quedando.. Con algunas modificaciones que tomás te de apuesto que ya la tendras lista pronto!, ojala no le aflojes para tener otro hermano latino Nihilus!,

Presta atencion a este detalle que creo que es al que tomás se refiere:

Mira la distacia que hay entre la punta de la nariz y los orificios oculares, el detalle que tiene tu mascara, apesar de que se ve requete Cool!, es que esta un poco mas arriba ( pronto ilustrare ) tenes que bajarle un poco mas a la nariz para que quede bien, similiar a un orificio nazal de un craneo real ..

lo demás todo esta exelente, las ornamentas de la frente te quedaron maravillosas asi como la gema

Saludes a los chicos de aya!...

Les mandamos bendiciones desde Costa Rica!

Nos vemos! --

Pura VIda! ..

:D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

\\-Darth_Zxian-// TI-6758 - TIE Pilot-

Guest Anonymous
:D - Saludos hermano.. como te va ?.. Yo me llamo Martín..soy del Outpost Costa Rica, bienvenido! ..

Tu mascara esta imprecionante!, exelente trabajo! ..muy linda va quedando.. Con algunas modificaciones que tomás te de apuesto que ya la tendras lista pronto!, ojala no le aflojes para tener otro hermano latino Nihilus!,

Presta atencion a este detalle que creo que es al que tomás se refiere:

Mira la distacia que hay entre la punta de la nariz y los orificios oculares, el detalle que tiene tu mascara, apesar de que se ve requete Cool!, es que esta un poco mas arriba ( pronto ilustrare ) tenes que bajarle un poco mas a la nariz para que quede bien, similiar a un orificio nazal de un craneo real ..

lo demás todo esta exelente, las ornamentas de la frente te quedaron maravillosas asi como la gema

Saludes a los chicos de aya!...

Les mandamos bendiciones desde Costa Rica!

Nos vemos! --

Pura VIda! ..

:D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

\\-Darth_Zxian-// TI-6758 - TIE Pilot-

Muchas gracias Martín y si espero que la mascara quede muy bien pronto, anoche corregi un poco lo de la nariz y lo del labio, y de una vez vacie el yeso para hacer el molde, espero hoy al quitar el original de plastilina todo salga bien, jejeje, en cuanto a la nariz, la habia dejado un poco ancha para que mi nariz, estubiera agusto y comoda al ponerme la mascara.... pero ya estoy en eso.... espero pronto empezar con mi traje en si

y por supuesto que te considerare mi hermano ya que la aficion es la misma desde que se tiene la idea, hasta que se concibe en un tremendo traje como el que has logrado, espero alcanzarte pronto para estar juntos en la 501 como sith lords

saludos y como dirias tu BUENA VIDA :wink:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Martin thank you very much and I hope that the mask is finished soon, last night i corrected a little the nose and lip, and had time to pour the plaster mold, I hope today when remove the original clay mask everything goes well , hehehe, on the nose, i left it a little wide for my nose so it could comfortable to wear the mask .... but im on that now .... I hope soon to start with my suit itself and of course i consider you mi brother since we both have the same passion for star wars and hope i finish my costume as cool as yours, hopw we both be in the 501 as sith lords

greetings and as you would say BUENA VIDA :wink:

Guest Anonymous

well... i WILL take note of the recomendations made to me... unfortunately the mold was already made and drying at that time.... my mold came up like this

1003492a.jpg

Once i make the fist pull on the fiberglass mask i gonna work on all the details

Guest Anonymous

Painted the mold cause plaster is porous and added some separator film

1003493x.jpg

Next: gelcoat (it was a wonderfull sunny day to work outside)

1003494s.jpg

And then... resin and fiberglass

1003496u.jpg

The mask got a little stuck on the mold so i had to make some cuts and here it is

1003497.jpg

Anfer a little sanding and dremmeling

1003500.jpg

And..... a little more sanding

1003501p.jpg

Added some bondo because it needed some adjustments

1003502x.jpg

And a small layer of primer

1003503u.jpg

Well this is it for today... c'ya till the next update

Guest Anonymous

Ya venia a preguntarte como ibas en esto bro!-

Veo como has improvisado lo del labio, Exelente.. vas bien!, sigue asi hermano.. y animos!..

Estare bien atento con tu mas proximo progreso por aqui!...

Saludes!...

\\- SL 6758-//

-Martín-

Guest Anonymous

Yesterday before going to work i gave the mask the first layer of paint, and on the way home i bought the baclava

conbaclava.jpg

Almost there! :D

Guest Anonymous

:D .. Un poco tarde man!, pero exelente!

Ni mas que decir! muy buen trabajo! y sigue adelante! ..

\\- TI 6758 -//

Darth_Zxian

Costa Rica Outpost

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the comments you guys ^_^ i'll be sure to keep on working on the fabrics and everything else :? LOL

updates sooner than you think comming up :wink: