• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Mara Jade WIP - So It begins

LadyEnyo

The Shin Guards are in that "The Clone Emperor" Thomas suggested I should try. They are large enough, thank goodness... However the knee portion seemed a little flat tom me, what I mean is is bowed out and didn't curve around my knee they way I thought it should so I am using a heating pad, wine bottle and belt (didn't want to put stress on the original straps) and slowly curving them into shape.

The link shows my boots that I already have and hope are acceptable. The shine guards before modification on, as well as pictures of the steps I am taking for modification. In addition the last picture I had to laugh, while toasting the current shinguard I started to check out the other one to find the foot guards were only velcroed in rather than riveted like I originally though, yeah one last mod I don't have to make!

https://picasaweb.google.com/104804329874810583549/MaraJadeProjectWIP?authkey=Gv1sRgCOzD_7_9kYirWQ

All thoughts and opinions, good or bad are welcome, tips too!

Thanks everyone!

Front View of Boots

scrxI8n.jpg

Side View of Boots

OmMuk5D.jpg

Front View of Boot On

EoBZqu7.jpg

Side View of Boot On

JJKEwuN.jpg

Front View with Unaltered Shin Guards On (see problem? the knee pads look to wide and not curved)

xDBo9O8.jpg

Side View with Unaltered Shin Guards On

Cqmzy1l.jpg

Side View Open Stance with Unaltered Shin Guards On

eK4uSXG.jpg

Step One of the Altering Process

5CXY8uW.jpg

Step Two of the Altering Process

VqJ5mhF.jpg

Step Three of the Altering Process

l6R0uRN.jpg

Step Four of the Altering Process

yn5w5Qo.jpg

Removed foot guards (easier than expected they weren't riveted in like originally though, just velcroed)

A2Hp7WX.jpg

A few days later, and tada!

qiXeNtm.jpg

More WIP, (in the words of Garven Dreis) ALMOST THE-RE!

tocrFgV.jpg

gV5aApu.jpg

TJBt7po.jpg

WNp19DL.jpg

My metal worker really hit it out of the park with the cloak clasp... Please note that the Aurebesh says Mara Jade, and the hook itself is the Flagship Eclipse detachment symbol, how cool is that?!?!