• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Acolyte Approvals- Halt

Guest muppet

Looks good Todd, I made a couple of additions and slight changes; I've put them in red. Please look over and let me know what you think.

Great work brother :)

Sith Acolyte CRL

Mask

• Must be made of a rigid material such as plastic of fiberglass.

• Must contain either a grooved tribal pattern or paisley pattern (Lord Adraas) consistent with the video game references.

• The wearer’s eyes must be concealed by either a lense or mesh material.

Balaclava

• A black balaclava is optional but must be worn if any part of face shows past the mask.

Undersuit

• Black non-textured material, either one-piece or two-piece construction with no visible zippers or logos.

Neck Seal

• A dark gray or black neck seal composed of either latex or fabric must be present containing a series of horizontal ribs separated down the middle by a single vertical rib or thick seam.

Robe

• Must be constructed from a black, heavy, flowing material that is not see through. No flaps, pockets, zippers or ornamentation.

• The sleeves terminate just below the elbow so that most of the forearm is visible. On each sleeve there must be two dark red stripes that are preferably painted or dyed, but may be sewn-onto the robe fabric. The stripe closest to the edge of the sleeve should be approximately three inches wide with a second stripe approximately 2 inches higher with a width of approximately 1/2 inch.

• The length of the robe should fall no more than 1 inch from the ground.

Large hood which must cover head and drape on the shoulders.

Chest Armor

• Two pectoral sections joined in the middle.

• The armor must contain grooves consistent with the available references.

• Must be painted a metallic gray that is weathered in a pattern consistent with the rest of the armor.

Back Armor (optional)

• Must be painted a metallic gray that is weathered in a pattern consistent with the rest of the armor.

Shoulder Bells

• Shoulder bells must be present to give the “armored” shape under the robe.

Biceps (optional)

Forearms

• Must be fully-encased gauntlets complete with the appropriate greeblies consistent with available references.

• Must be painted a metallic grey that is weathered in a pattern consistent with the rest of the armor.

Hand Armor

• The hands must be concealed in a tactical-style black glove.

• The handguards contain a series of three claws.

• Each finger must have an independent coffin-shaped armor piece.

• The thumb has an individual, larger armor piece. All hand armor must be painted metallic grey that is weathered in a pattern cosistent with the rest of the armor.

Abdomen

• The abdomen is a large plate with grooves consistent with available references.

• There must be a piece connecting the abdomen with the chest plate.

• Must be painted a metallic grey that is weathered in a pattern consistent with the rest of the armor.

Kidney Plate (optional)

Belt

• Gray, silver or tan webbed material or leather containing an armored buckle plate with a grooved pattern.

• Two small black or grey pouches on either side of the buckle that are made of either nylon or leather or another similar material must be present. In addition, there must be a canister greeblie attached to the belt on the left side.

Thighs

• The thigh armor must be fully enclosed and contain the proper grooved pattern consistent with available references.

• Should be painted a metallic grey that is weathered in a pattern consistent with the rest of the armor

Lower Leg

• The lower leg armor must be fully enclosed and contain the proper grooved pattern consistent with available references.

Boots/Shoes

• Either boots or shoes need to be employed with armor encasing both the toe, sides and heel. Armor must extend around the circumference of the shoe. Any visible boot is not acceptable.

Optional:

Lightsaber

A hero saber that matches the game references is preferred, but any Sith-styled saber with a red blade is acceptable.

The mask may connect to a back plate that cups that back of the head.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad your updates, but why you think this is correct?

• The sleeves terminate just below the elbow so that most of the forearm is visible. On each sleeve there must be two dark red stripes that are preferably painted or dyed, but may be sewn-onto the robe fabric. The stripe closest to the edge of the sleeve should be approximately three inches wide with a second stripe approximately 2 inches higher with a width of approximately 1/2 inch.

"Dark" of course is not wrong, but it means? There are so many different red colors and we should contain it a little more and I think 1/2 inch is too small...

Dark red... I guess it could be worded as a dark red similar or consistent with the video game trailer reference.

1/2" - I have a robe and originally made the top stripe 1", after comparing the robe with the reference shots in my personal opinion I would say that it is twice as wide as it should be. Please look at the image below, if we are stating that the bottom stripe is 3" then compare the width of the top stripe. How many times do you believe it would fit into the bottom stripe?

imagenosz.jpg

If possible, state what you think I should have written in terms of color and what would you say the width of the top stripe should be? Let's get this CRL completed, working together will speed up everything especially if we can have a consensus.

The way I have my sleeves painted, the dimensions are the first red stripe is 2" wide then a 2" wide space then a 1" wide red stripe.

SleeveSize_zps437f5afc.jpg

DSCN0121_zps80addedf.jpg

Looking at the pics, I believe that a 3" stripe would be a bit thick. Looking at the top pic of Lord Ardass, the stripe does not seem to be that thick.

Also looking at the pics of several Acolytes the stripe size does not seem very consistent. On some of the pics they seem thick and on others the stripes seem a bit thinner. Is it possible to have the CRL read that the stripes need fall into a certain size, such as the stripe needs to be 2" but no bigger then 3" as an example?

Guest Toddo
Also looking at the pics of several Acolytes the stripe size does not seem very consistent. On some of the pics they seem thick and on others the stripes seem a bit thinner. Is it possible to have the CRL read that the stripes need fall into a certain size, such as the stripe needs to be 2" but no bigger then 3" as an example?

I think you're on to something here. I'll draft something like that into the CRL.

Guest Toddo

Sith Acolyte CRL

Mask

• Must be made of a rigid material such as plastic of fiberglass.

• Must contain either a grooved tribal pattern or paisley pattern (Lord Adraas) consistent with the video game references.

• The wearer’s eyes must be concealed by either a lense or mesh material.

Balaclava

• A black balaclava is optional but must be worn if any part of face shows past the mask.

Undersuit

• Black non-textured material, either one-piece or two-piece construction with no visible zippers or logos.

Neck Seal

• A dark gray or black neck seal composed of either latex or fabric must be present containing a series of horizontal ribs separated down the middle by a single vertical rib or thick seam.

Robe

• Must be constructed from a black, heavy, flowing material that is not see through. No flaps, pockets, zippers or ornamentation.

• The sleeves terminate just below the elbow so that most of the forearm is visible. On each sleeve there must be two dark red stripes that are preferably painted or dyed, but may be sewn-onto the robe fabric. The stripe closest to the edge of the sleeve should be approximately two-three inches wide with a second stripe approximately two inches higher with a width of approximately 1/2 inch.

• The length of the robe should fall no more than 1 inch from the ground.

• Large hood which must cover head and drape on the shoulders.

Chest Armor

• Two pectoral sections joined in the middle.

• The armor must contain grooves consistent with the available references.

Back Armor (optional)

Shoulder Bells

• Shoulder bells must be present to give the “armored” shape under the robe.

Biceps (optional)

Forearms

• Must be fully-encased gauntlets complete with the appropriate greeblies consistent with available references.

Hand Armor

• The hands must be concealed in a tactical-style black glove.

• The handguards contain a series of three claws.

• Each finger must have an independent coffin-shaped armor piece.

• The thumb has an individual, larger armor piece. All hand armor must be painted metallic grey that is weathered in a pattern cosistent with the rest of the armor.

Abdomen

• The abdomen is a large plate with grooves consistent with available references.

• There must be a piece connecting the abdomen with the chest plate.

Kidney Plate (optional)

Belt

• Gray, silver or tan webbed material or leather containing an armored buckle plate with a grooved pattern.

• Two small black or grey pouches on either side of the buckle that are made of either nylon or leather or another similar material must be present. In addition, there must be a canister greeblie attached to the belt on the left side.

Thighs

• The thigh armor must be fully enclosed and contain the proper grooved pattern consistent with available references.

• Should be painted a metallic grey that is weathered in a pattern consistent with the rest of the armor

Lower Leg

• The lower leg armor must be fully enclosed and contain the proper grooved pattern consistent with available references.

Boots/Shoes

• Either boots or shoes need to be employed with armor encasing both the toe, sides and heel. Armor must extend around the circumference of the shoe.

Optional:

Lightsaber

A hero saber that matches the game references is preferred, but any Sith-styled saber with a red blade is acceptable.

The mask may connect to a back plate that cups that back of the head.

I think so too.

From a certain point of view the word "approximately" is essential!

The CRL's looking good so far.... :D

GREAT JOB so far guys! I'm gearing up to get started on my build, so hopefully this CRL will be done soon! So far I've acquired the mask & lightsaber. I'm getting ready to start looking at fabric! Can't wait for the weather to get nice, so I can SERIOUSLY get underway on this! Keep up the good work! 8)

Guest Toddo

I'm about done with this. Unless someone else has something to contribute or has points to further discuss, I say we hand it off to Pam. Having done the work so far, I think it is time that the Detachment take over. Hopefully they will take responsibility and get this into Muppet's hands.

I think you did an amazing job brother, very nicely done and I feel the CRL is complete.

I think, even Toddo did what he can, the CRL's like many other CRL's are not 100%.

I'm afraid we will see more details the next weeks/months. Especially regarding the undersuit.... :?

But for now it seems, that it is good enough for approving the next Sith Acolytes! :)

Guest Toddo

I agree that there will likely be revelations that change the CRL. The same is true even of TKs. When that happens, the CRLs are updated. I'm not even a detachment member, and I've drafted a fairly comprehensive CRL with input from you guys. At this point, it is the responsibility of the detachment staff to accept, alter, and adopt it so that costume approvals are not on hold indefinitely. Thanks to those of you who have contributed. I hope that we will see it adopted and published soon in one form or another.

I've written and rewritten dozens of CRL pages over the past six years as each new round of legion leadership wanted things redone their own way. First it's a bullet list written this way, then it's a paragraph format, then it's back to bullet lists with modified wording; first it's written in forum format, then web page format, then change all the text over to wiki coding. First the pictures are posed this way, then change it to that way, then change it again to detail shots on a white background. First add text to all of the pictures, then take the text back off all the pictures; not to mention the frustration of begging repeatedly for photos that models wait months or even years to take. I've given up an immense amount of my time to working on the CRL, and spent so many countless hours answering so many hundreds of costuming PM's and emails that I rarely get to work on or finish costumes of my own anymore. By accepting the DL position, I give up much of my free time in order to help others better enjoy their free time. It isn't fun, it's often frustrating, and sometimes I wonder why I do it. Repeated disparaging comments about my sense of responsibility don't help at all. If my sense of responsibility was so dismal, would I have finished the text and repeated revisions for 32 CRL entries, and the photos for 14 of them, with another 7 well on their way toward completion? Quite frankly, I have never felt comfortable with this Sith Acolyte thread so I have avoided posting in it. By becoming a "you don't get approved until you finish the CRL" ultimatum, this costume changed the tone of the Flagship forum. We've never dealt with that before. Plus, there was an active group working on this CRL while others were completely ignored, so I've spent my time working on a couple CRL entries that nobody else is working on while a group effort was making great progress here.

Because this CRL was required by the LMO as a special case, I feel that he needs to be the one to approve it. Well, technically he approves all of them when we feel that they're finished, but this one needs an approval earlier in the process. Last week when the text appeared to be near completion, I sent both a PM and an email to Muppet, asking him to come check the text and give suggestions or approval. I told him that the text has my approval, though I question the part about the red sleeve stripes being sewn on instead of using dye or paint. That doesn't look accurate to me. I then went on a nice, much needed vacation with my husband to Disneyland. I returned this week to find that my email had bounced back because of a full mailbox, and the PM has not yet been read. The LMO job is a massive undertaking with people all over the world demanding his attention every day, and he simply needs time to get caught up. Since my return, I have answered 137 costuming emails (yes, I did the math), 16 PM's, and I haven't turned my computer off for the last three days because I have so many forum windows open for threads (including this one) that I want to reply to but hadn't yet found the time. I'm doing the best I can, and I'm sure Muppet is as well, so please be nice.

Pam

Guest muppet

I've read over it, and have asked my deputy Michael to look over it as well.

Michael has been super busy with teaching, and myself, i've been home a total of 36hrs in the last fortnight.

Im sorry this hasn't happend sooner, we haven't forgotten about this.

Ken

edit; just added the wording to the proposed text http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming ... th_Acolyte

Would like some wording for the boots, and helmet attachment- and back piece and text for the context.

Who would like to take some pics :)

Would like some wording for the boots, and helmet attachment- and back piece and text for the context.

As far as I can see that, the boots could be any shoe regardless of its color and type as long as the armor covers the shoe.

If the boot is visible a bit it should be black.

Guest Toddo

I'd be happy to supply photos for this, but I really think it should be photos from an approved Acolyte. 6925, you up for it?

Guest 6925
I'd be happy to supply photos for this, but I really think it should be photos from an approved Acolyte. 6925, you up for it?

I can do this of course.

So, I need to take a pic from every part alone. This won't be a problem.

To who I have to send the pics?

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but I have some high detail pics of the two masks. The bottom mask with the tiger stripes seems to have a bit of a red sheen to the interior of the stripes.

I am currently in the process of contacting Blur Studios for any images they might be able to give out concerning the armor itself, separate of the robes. This might be able to help slightly when it comes to building the actual "screen used" shoulders, biceps, back, and butt armor.

40411954.jpg

83628630.jpg

Guest 6925

Hey guys!

Just saw that we forgot the elbow.

I just wrote to Ken about that and asked him to add something like that:

• Elbow armor with grooves consistent with available references.
    Must be painted a metallic gray that is weathered in a pattern consistent with the rest of the armor.

Okay, I would like to weigh in on the standards, as they are posted. I agree with most of it, but would still like to weigh in. Some of this could be added for an additional layer of detail rather than just the basics, but some of it is also necessary for clarification.

Mask

I agree with everything, but would like a small change/addition. The change would include the pattern from the Eradicator helmet. It is similar to that of Lord Adraas, but slightly different. The Eradicator has no texturing to the forehead, more pronounced central ridge, jutting cheekbones, and vents on the sides.

Also, there needs to be mention of the three different red paint jobs. The Adraas paint job is a thin red stylized forehead stripe and red mouth that extends up the edges of the mouth. The standard paint job is a dark red back wash of the inset designs. The Eradicator paint job is a thick red forehead line and red mouth that is confined to the flat part of the mouth only.

screenshot2013060108424.pngeradicatormask.jpg

Under Suit

The under suit is slightly textured, similar to the Jedi under suit. There is piping on the front of the legs and a strange layered strap leading down to the thigh armor. On the Eradicator armor, there is also strapping on the hips.

It also has a seam on the front (possible hidden zipper) and a slightly padded look around the neckline. Also, there is an under-gauntlet of a shiny 1" quilted material around the arm.

Neck Robe

I think it should just be Robe. :)

Abdomen Armor

The abdomen armor should be a cod piece. It does not connect to the chest armor, but is separate. The connecting piece is the actual abdomen armor and is painted black and is more padded (such as the rubber/foam strips on the Malgus armor.

Cod Armor

The cod armor is a separate entry from the abdomen armor.

Boots

The boots are low-heel boots without ornamentation. They must tuck into the shin armor.