• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Acolyte Approvals- Halt

Guest muppet

Guest 6925

Abdomen Armor

The abdomen armor should be a cod piece. It does not connect to the chest armor, but is separate. The connecting piece is the actual abdomen armor and is painted black and is more padded (such as the rubber/foam strips on the Malgus armor.

Cod Armor

The cod armor is a separate entry from the abdomen armor.

Any pics how this looks like?

I mean the difference to that what we have determined?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sithacolytefulllengthla.png

sith9.jpg

This first shot shows the differences between the armor (in red) and parts of padding from the under suit (in blue). I say this because, in the second picture, you can see the under suit padding bending as the armored character is bending at the waist. I know it is the under suit and not the armor because the armor pieces are not bending in the model, only the central abdominal section between the cod armor and the chest armor.

I have a file based directly off of the line-drawn items from Blur Studios. It still requires the elbows, biceps, shoulders, inside of the thighs, and back, though. I am currently in the process of getting those made up for me (I have no skill with 3D modeling). However, once it is complete, I plan to offer it in hardened foam (stronger than ABS and more bendable than fiberglass.

Basically, it is layered EVA foam of different sizes (down to 1/8") with a hard plastic coating on the outside. So, it is padded for taking a knee if you want to. The mask will be cardstock with fiberglass backing and the details etched into 1mm sintra and overlaid (for very clear lines). It will include a helmet (based on the game helmet) for it to hook to. The hand plates will be layered foam that is hardened with removable spikes and the glove pieces will be layered 1mm sintra. Finally, all of the straps will be provided and will include layered foam on them for the thigh details down the front and a foam ab piece to cover the chest and cod connection.

Guest 6925

This first shot shows the differences between the armor (in red) and parts of padding from the under suit (in blue). I say this because, in the second picture, you can see the under suit padding bending as the armored character is bending at the waist. I know it is the under suit and not the armor because the armor pieces are not bending in the model, only the central abdominal section between the cod armor and the chest armor.

Ok! This was a simple misunderstanding as it seems.

Of course you are right.

That is the reason we build the connector as a soft part.

And I'm looking forward to see your foam armor. Sounds interesting.