• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Support the Flagship

Guest bassclarinets

Thanks Pam for covering that! I think I met you last year at DC. Were you at the Mixer?

Hi,

Welcome!

Nope, you must have met my evil twin. (Or, am I the evil one? I can never keep that stuff straight...) We couldn't attend D*Con last year, because CV used up our vacation time and budget. We almost attended the D*Con Mixer a couple years ago, but we only made it as far as the door. We got there, saw the crowd packed inside, I went into shy freakout mode, and we left without ever going in. (Guess that disqualifies me from being the evil twin, huh? Evil should not fear crowds of like-minded geeks.)

Pam :-)

Guest SL-6417
Thanks Pam for covering that! I think I met you last year at DC. Were you at the Mixer?

Hi,

Welcome!

Nope, you must have met my evil twin. (Or, am I the evil one? I can never keep that stuff straight...) We couldn't attend D*Con last year, because CV used up our vacation time and budget. We almost attended the D*Con Mixer a couple years ago, but we only made it as far as the door. We got there, saw the crowd packed inside, I went into shy freakout mode, and we left without ever going in. (Guess that disqualifies me from being the evil twin, huh? Evil should not fear crowds of like-minded geeks.)

Well maybe this year! :D

Hi, everyone.

I just received the annual reminder that our web host account is set to expire next month. I'll cover the renewal up front, and then let you know when it's time to start fundraising. The fee will be $131 for the next year of web hosting and domain registration.

Hi, folks.

Sorry I haven't been online very much the past few weeks.... let's just say that January was a really tough month for me, and I'm sincerely glad it's over. February hasn't gotten easier yet, but I'm workin' on it!

I did pay the renewal for the forum and domain, so it's time to start collecting for another year's worth of Flagship hosting.

Grand total: $131

If you are willing to contribute, your donations would be greatly appreciated. Please shoot me a PM, and I can provide the paypal information.

Thank you,

Many thanks to Stormtrooperguy, Okashi, and Kimballk for your donations to the forum's hosting fees.

So far we've raised $45.

Is anyone else willing to help support the forum? I'd rather see a lot of people donate smaller amounts, rather than a few people contributing more than their fair share!

Guest Anonymous

This fundraiser needs some cheerleading!

Our detachments are valuable resources... Think of how terrible it would be if they all just shut down! The detachments leaders shouldn't have to pay for all of this out of pocket. There are enough members here that everyone could donate a dollar or two and the bill would still be covered!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have officially reached our fundraising goal for the year!

Thank you to Bill and Matthew for providing the last of the funds that we needed. Between your donations we reached the EXACT total of $41. How's that for luck?!

I recieved a couple other offers for donations yesterday, also. Thank you for offering; perhaps you can help us out next year!

Thanks again to everyone who helped us raise money for the 2012 web hosting. Your donations were greatly appreciated, and we're now good to go until next January.... when the fundraising will start all over again!

Hi Pam and guys, it's possible to remove the burden of this from you guys.

I do have my own domain and am familiar with running a forum / gallery site.

Basically all we would need to do is arrange the transfer of information.

But failing that, i'm happy to donate say - 40 / 50$

Hi,

Thanks for the offer. I actually have my own domain, forum, and gallery as well. My Twi'lek addiction needed a home!

We used to house the Flagship forum on a founding member's site, but after running into some trouble we had to set up an account that belongs specifically to the detachment. By fundraising once a year we're able to retain owner-access to the hosting account, keep the detachment forums running, and hold on to the domain name. We learned the hard way that those are all important!

A few days ago I received the annual notice that our renewal will be coming due in January. I'll start up the yearly fundraiser at that time. Donations would certainly be appreciated!

Hi everyone,

The forum hosting came due once again. I covered the cost, and we're now paid in full for the 2013 forum and gallery web hosting as well as the flagship domain. I renewed the domain early because they offered a holiday sale last month. Every little bit helps, right?

1-year web hosting for the forum and gallery: $124

Domain renewal: $8 (It's usually $20)

--------------

Total: $132

And thus, the annual request:

If anyone is willing and able to help support our forum expenses for 2013, your donation would be greatly appreciated. Any amount would help. I would rather see a lot of people donate a small amount each, rather than having a few people shoulder more than their fair share. Please send me a PM if you would like to donate to our hosting fund, and I will give you the necessary Paypal information.

Thank you!

Hi all,

Thank you to Krista, Lydia and Brendon for your donations. Along with my own contribution, we have raised $60 so far.

We have $64 more to go.

Who's next? Please help us keep the forum running!

Woohoo!! With many thanks to Jenn for her donation, we have completed our fundraising for this year's forum hosting and domain registration.

We're good to go!

Thank you again to everyone who donated this year. Without you, we couldn't keep this wonderful forum running!