• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Support the Flagship

Guest bassclarinets

Guest bassclarinets

The Flagship Eclipse Detachment needs your help. Each year, the Detachment must renew its registration and hosting plan so we can ALL share our information and learn more about EU bad guy costuming.

If you feel that you could help the Detachment with their hosting, please feel free to donate to the Flagship Eclipse paypal account which will be used to pay ONLY for the hosting of this website and of the Flagship Eclipse reference galleries. No monies from this fund will go to ANY other purpose.

Please remember that the 501st Legion and all of their detachments, while we may do a LOT of charity trooping, are NOT a tax-deductable charity and, therefore, you may not deduct the money that you donate to help with our website registration and hosting.

NOTICE - by supporting the Flagship Eclipse, you are simply helping to keep this website up and available on the internet. Any and all donations are simply used for upkeep of the website. No amount of money in the form of support to the Flagship Eclipse will "buy" you membership in the 501st Legion or the Flagship Eclipse (if you want to spend money to join, hunt for an appropriate costume).

We REALLY appreciate your assistance (in any amount that you can give) and PROMISE to stay here to help you share your information about EU bad guy costuming and to help you research EU costumes.

THANK YOU!

Hello, everyone.

Another year has come, and once again we must pay for our forum's domain name and web hosting service. When the boards crashed in January we moved to a new web host which is considerably more economical than our old host... but the fees do still add up!

Our expenses for 2008 include:

* Domain renewal - $20

* One year of forum and gallery hosting - $119

------------------

Total: $139

In January I paid for 2008's hosting service in full. I've been meaning ever since to repeat the yearly request for donations, but hadn't gotten around to it yet. I just found the web host receipt while I was cleaning off my desk, though... so now I'm finally going to ask while I've got a reminder sitting here in front of me!

If anyone is willing and able to help support our forum expenses for 2008, your donation would be greatly appreciated. Any amount would help. Please send me a PM if you would like to donate to our hosting fund, and I will give you the necessary paypal information.

(Carolyn, you're not allowed to send funds this year. You donated more than the rest of us last year, so we need a chance to catch up with you, o' wonderful generous one!)

Thank you,

Pam :-)

I would like to send out a huge thank-you to the following members of our forum for their generous support. With their donations, we have already raised $90 to help cover the cost of the forum hosting and domain registration for 2008.

Bill (Koda Vonnor)

Dave (VaderDave)

Erin (ondiv)

Thank you very, very much!

It's that time again!

I have received the bill for this year's hosting service, and I paid it in full... so our forum is good to go for the next year. Because our new hosting service offers one free domain with each account, we no longer have to pay a $20 fee for our domain. (Yay!)

Hosting fee for 2009: $119

And now, I shall repeat the plea from last year:

If anyone is willing and able to help support our forum expenses for 2009, your donation would be greatly appreciated. Any amount would help. Please send me a PM if you would like to donate to our hosting fund, and I will give you the necessary paypal information.

Thank you!

We did it!

Thank you to Kurt for your generous donation.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have officially covered all of the detachment's forum hosting fees for 2009!

Thank you again to everyone who has helped keep the forum funded.

It's time again!

I have renewed our web hosting service for 2010. The service still includes the flagship domain, so we don't have to pay extra for that. The cost went down a little bit from last year, which I was happy to see.

The 2010 hosting fee is $107.

Now for the annual request:

If anyone is willing and able to help support our forum expenses for 2010, your donation would be greatly appreciated. Any amount would help. Please send me a PM if you would like to donate to our hosting fund, and I will give you the necessary paypal information.

Thank you!

Thank you to Andrea (A'Sharad Hett) for covering the last of our web hosting fees. We are now fully paid up for 2010!

Thank you again to eveyone who contributed. My bank account and I both appreciate the help in keeping the Flagship Eclipse forum online. For those of you who didn't get a chance to donate to the forum hosting fund this year, don't worry.... we'll be sure to revisit this thread again in January of 2011!

Funny how fast the years go by...

It's that time again! My credit card came out of hiding for a few minutes, and we're now paid in full for the 2011 forum and gallery web hosting, as well as the flagship domain.

The charge went up a bit this year, to $124.

And, once again, the annual request:

If anyone is willing and able to help support our forum expenses for 2011, your donation would be greatly appreciated. Any amount would help. Please send me a PM if you would like to donate to our hosting fund, and I will give you the necessary paypal information.

Thank you!

Uhmmmm... Beuller?

We have 71 detachment members, 146 501st members, and 750 general members registered on the forum, and nobody is willing to help pay for the web host this year?

C'mon, folks, please step up. I shouldn't have to pay the full $124 by myself. The detachment members alone could pay the year's fees for less than $2 each, and I know that a lot of others have benefitted from the forum as well.

I don't want to see anyone making a large donation, I would much prefer small contributions from a lot of people. But, it has to start somewhere...

Thanks,

In addition to my tyme into the design and spec of our Detachment coin, I'll donate twenty dollars to our web space.

Please pass along your pay pal specifics.

We're off to a good start!

Thank you to BikerMole, Daritha, DARTH CRANE, and The Clone Emperor for offering to help with the forum hosting costs so far this year. Your help will be very appreciated!

We did it!

Many thanks to A'Sharad Hett and Darth Lindon for your donations. With my own contribution added to the mix, we have officially reached our goal for the year. The forum's web hosting and domain are good to go until next January.

Thanks again to those who contributed. Your help was generous, and much appreciated!

I received a notice from our web host that they're no longer offering free domain renewals, and our domain renewal was coming due. It was only $7.49 for the next year, so I went ahead and covered it. The domain cost is something we can include in the fundraising next year when it comes around again; I'm not going to worry about it this year.