• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Nihilus by Nihilus (update Dec 8th 2012)

Guest Nihilus

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nihilus
Thats good you might found some :)

The first ones would not be passable.. they do have to be gauntlet style gloves where those ones aren't same with the 2nd link.

This is what you want.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7998-Large-G ... 5d33b595b9

I not find a gloves last week....and now your link is finish, help me :(

Hi Okrim

Which style Nihilus are you working on? COTF or KOTOR.

If your doing the same as me COTF, I can help you track down what type.. :)

Guest Nihilus

The bike helmet I brought came in yesterday so today this weekend I can see about starting on making up my cat ears for my Nihilus costume. :)

Guest Anonymous
Thats good you might found some :)

The first ones would not be passable.. they do have to be gauntlet style gloves where those ones aren't same with the 2nd link.

This is what you want.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7998-Large-G ... 5d33b595b9

I not find a gloves last week....and now your link is finish, help me :(

Hi Okrim

Which style Nihilus are you working on? COTF or KOTOR.

If your doing the same as me COTF, I can help you track down what type.. :)

Sorry COTF

Guest Nihilus

Here is some pics of where I have started on my cat ears.. I haven't done a great lot, I will get most the items I need Thursday so I can start on forming the ears on the helmet on the weekend.

So far I just cut the front off the helmet as you can see in the pics so I can wear it comfortably with my mask on.

Please forgive the bad beard day I was having... I just couldn't get it to sit right.. haha think it is time to shave it off. I am starting to look like a Viking with my long hair. :lol:

Catearsinthemaking3.jpg

Catearsinthemaking1.jpg

Catearsinthemaking2.jpg

Guest Aysel

One thing I see that might be an issue (I had this when I was making my husband's Nihilus) you'll need to make sure that the dip in the front for the cat ear shape lines up correctly with the skull mask.

As for the gloves, while those are okish, you'll want to search for gloves that have a smooth back like these

106_05.jpg

http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-49-leat ... tlets.aspx these would work well for this

Guest Nihilus

Thanks for the heads up Aysel :)

I been trying to work out in my head how to get the ears just right.... I have heard how hard they are to do.. it is a shame that scottrooper is no longer making the crowns. I have heard that someone else was going to take over but I haven't heard anything more.

I've taken notes on what Nef did when she made her cat ears. I got get couple items tomorrow so I can start on them.

I have already got my gloves I got them for a few $ they are vintage leather gauntlet biker gloves. I just had to cut the straps off them.. and add some velcro to them to hold this extending part on the gauntlets. they are perfect fit for me.

Guest Nihilus

Got the under wire frame made up for my cats ears.. just needs reinforcing with cardboard and I am still waiting for the molding paste I brought offline to arrive.

also got some trimming to do with the wire but will do that once i strength the shape.

270964_172602462871324_18165577_n.jpg

Guest Aysel

one thing your going to want to work on at this stage is the sides of the "face", you'll want to make sure that it comes down closely to the mask face, it's not very wide.

^_^ Katie

Guest Nihilus

Here is the latest I have done on my cat ears.

After I give it a coating with the Molding Paste I am going to have to get rid the harden foam padding cause the helmet sits to high.

100_3248.jpg

100_3249.jpg

Guest Aysel

yea it does sit too high :( but if you scrap out the foam that's in it you can replace it with some medium density foam. ^_^

^_^ Katie

Guest Nihilus
yea it does sit too high :( but if you scrap out the foam that's in it you can replace it with some medium density foam. ^_^

^_^ Katie

Yep that is what I will do Katie :)

Do you think I did ok shaping the ears? :oops:

Guest Nihilus

Just gave my cat ears a coating with the molding paste.. not sure how long it will take to set. Hope it goes well almost used up all the jar of the paste. It wasn't a very big jar.

Guest Aysel

the ear shape looks pretty good, can you test cover it with some cloth just so I can see the shape when it's covered. the other thing is that you might need to smooth them out a bit, but you won't really know that till you cover them with your fabric.

^_^ Katie

Guest Nihilus
the ear shape looks pretty good, can you test cover it with some cloth just so I can see the shape when it's covered. the other thing is that you might need to smooth them out a bit, but you won't really know that till you cover them with your fabric.

^_^ Katie

I will test cover them as soon as the molding paste is dry.. not sure how long that will be.. going to give it at least 24hrs to harden. Then I will spray paint it flat black.

Cause how my cap and hood is made, I think I am going to have to put velco on the ears and the hood to get it to hold its shape to the ears.

Guest Aysel

try some spots of water based fabric glue (it's very similar to elmers glue) before you try the velcro, you might have better luck with it.

Guest Nihilus

I will think about that Katie... not sure I want he cat ear permanently attached to my hood and cap.. encase I get a better set of cat ears later on. I am little worried as it is about my cape and hood that it is going to work out. if doesn't I don't know what I will do :(

Guest Nihilus

Got the hard foam lining out the helmet, it didn't take a lot to get it out just screwdriver to lever it out. Now the cat ears sit perfect. =) Tomorrow I will see about giving the ears a coating of paint. :)

Guest Nihilus

Well lost almost a week of working on my costume :( Been sick all week with a bad flu only slowly starting to get right.

Earlier today I finally was able to give my cat ears a coat of black paint. Will check on them tomorrow and see how they are and see what touch up they will need.

Also a dear friend on I met on here will be sending me one those soundtrack shirts, it was hers and faulty and wouldn't work she got another one for free so I will see if I can get the faulty one to work.. Thanks again Sarah you rock! 8)

Guest Nihilus

Here some new pics 8) this is me almost fully in my costume, It is the first time I tested the cat ears out after I painted them on the weekend. Now I am just going to add some velcro to under my hood in places to hold the shape on the hood.. I could use fabric glue but I want to be able to wear the hood with other masks. Cause I am looking into getting other different style of Nihilus mask one with the cat ears added to it at a later date.

Also I just got work on the hood getting the knot at the front seeing the way it was made it had clasps which are just no good. I will look into getting the last items I need tomorrow to work on finishing off my costume. :)

100_3251.jpg

100_3252.jpg

100_3253.jpg

The sides of your hood need to be pulled way in. That looks huge. I think that the hood and "ears" are too tall as well but I'd like to see the sides of the hood pulled right in before making a definitive call on the height.