• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Revan Armor Suppliers - Please Sticky

DarthBrute

Ok I am posting this because no one else has and it took heck to find a different supplier for Revan and I do not want people going through the same trouble I have.

First is My Wicked Armor. Armor looks great includes all soft parts and etc. What is not included is listed on the site.

robert@mywickedarmor.com

Downside is he is VERY hard to get a hold of. Several people have stated that they have been waiting 2-3 months for a reply if they get one at all. His armor looks astounding. Price around $900

Second is JP's Custom Props & Collectibles. Armor looks pretty good. Email for price.

Wldwings@aol.com

Downside is it only includes the greaves, chest/ab plate and mask. No soft parts.

I hope this helps some of you that are looking.

Guest MRJEDI21

There is also a person on Ebay that goes by the name of Big Water 99 he also makes the Revan armor, but no soft parts.

Kenny

Okay, I sent a PM to the legion captain of the guard, and asked for an updated "official" standing on the rules about posting links to unlicensed vendors. When I started as DL, we were instructed in no uncertain terms that we are NOT to post links in a public area. We're playing nice in Lucasfilm's sandbox, we don't openly promote sellers that technically aren't supposed to be making things without Lucasfilm's permission, etc.

But lately, I remove a link, somebody goes and posts another one. I remove a link, and another shows up. Mostly it's 501st members doing this, so either the rule has relaxed and legion folks know about it but nobody gave me an official statement... or we're still not supposed to be doing it.

I'm crazy busy and stressed out of my mind this month, so this really is the last thing I want to worry about right now.... but I do want to make sure that Flagship remains in good standing and follows the rules!

(What is it with Revan costumers always wanting a shortcut, anyway? Get dirty, folks! Take the time to sculpt, to cast, to sew! It's a lot more rewarding than just throwing your money at a vendor!)

Pam :-)

Pam I would love to be able to do all that!

Except for:

1. I have zero artistic talent.

2. Molding needs equipment that I do not have room for in a 1600 Sq ft town home with no garage and almost zero backyard to speak of.

3. I do not have the money for the aforementioned equipment.

4. I am in the Navy and I spend roughly 5-8 months out of the year out to sea.

5. Did I mention I have zero artistic talent?

I will edit the post however and just post emails if that is more conducive to the rules as that is what we have done on the FISD with our vetted makers. I just found it really hard to find out who to talk to to find what I need.

Guest MRJEDI21

I second that. I have zero artistic talent nor the room to get all that equipment. I'm in the Air Force and stationed in Japan, these house or should I say apartments are super small.

Kenny

The eBay and email are both for Brian. Super nice guy. I have already put in an order for armor from him and have also comissioned Debbi (Ladysewforus) to sew the soft parts.

I agree with Pam though. Best to make posts that say PM me for contact info.

I'm glad to share, as I did on the 501st boards, but let's keep the contact info as non-decript as possible in public areas.

Loooking forward to putting it all together and getting approved here as I did on whitearmor.net with my TK!

Guest Anonymous

Brian's armour and masks are excellent - perfect for trooping as they are fibreglass and super hard wearing - he also paints them as part of the price, so you really are getting a great deal (I paid for an ESB paintjob on my Fett that cost more than my entire Revan costume).

Highly recommended.

Guest MRJEDI21

The only thing I see is that Brian's armor doesn't come with the back armor that Rob's has. The back armor is a nice thing to have to complete the suit.

Kenny

The only thing I see is that Brian's armor doesn't come with the back armor that Rob's has. The back armor is a nice thing to have to complete the suit.

Kenny

True. But I am kind of looking forward to a costume that doesn't completely encase me. I love my TK and I love wearing because everyone recognizes it. But It will be nice to have a good soft costume that I can really move around in.

Guest Anonymous
Well your arms and legs are free from being encased? Just saying.

Kenny

Encased? Robs armor is comfortable when on even with back armor.. Very flexible

I have a sandtrooper that is much worse. Revan costume is by far more comfortable than my biker scout.. If that tells ya anything... For build quality rob makes stuff with really good detail.

Guest kimballk

(What is it with Revan costumers always wanting a shortcut, anyway? Get dirty, folks! Take the time to sculpt, to cast, to sew! It's a lot more rewarding than just throwing your money at a vendor!)

Pam :-)

I'm an engineer for a reason!!! you need a computer to do things considered impossible, or need software, or networking, or even more so, Virtualization advice, I'm your person.

need ANYTHING artistic done... I can help with ideas (I'm good at that) but when it comes to execution... I"m usually "paid" to stay away from that end of iot :lol:

Must be a trend. I'm a programmer. I have an eye for details but I figured for the price, there's no way I could repeat the work.

For any curious, it took about 3 months from time of order to actual receipt of a Rob order. With about a month before that to even get access.

That being said, despite a lack of progress updates, the finished product was well worth the wait and had detailed descriptions on how to make fitting adjustments.

He's a busy guy, and his skill is astounding, so I had no problem with the wait.