• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Talon Build

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

Guest Daritha

You definitely got the body for Talon. The looks and proportions are very similar to the original art. Impressive!

I think you should shrink the orbs covering your ears at the sides. They look way too big in the pictures.

Otherway: I'm really impressed with your work and craftsmanship, especially with the armor parts. I just love how your design turned out. Amazing!

yeah I started a thread on the bodysuit topic to see what people think of the idea.. my thoughts were for a rubber latex suit so it looked like skin with no seams ... but the responses have not been very supportive.

I am going to do some testing with latex leggings ... if they work out it would be good for conventions etc ... some of the cons are pretty uptight about wearing too little at least then my backside would be covered.

Well, did you thought about a catsuit? One of our Nihl costumers here in Germany got her legs covered with simple pantyhose fabric (or something similar, I'm not quite sure).

For approval, you have to wear bodypaint, sure. But I always think: Once you're in the Legion and on an event, there should be some rules allowing for more appropiate clothing - or covering in your case.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nihilus

Oh I see.. sorry I am totally all new to this, I wasn't sure what you were using.. Yeah it is a hard one, I would maybe consider trying the body suit and just see how it looks. You never going to know unless you try it.

Sorry I can't be anymore help.

Btw I think your pics look AWESOME!.. you did a great job. :D

Guest Doc-Girlfriend
Oh I see.. sorry I am totally all new to this, I wasn't sure what you were using.. Yeah it is a hard one, I would maybe consider trying the body suit and just see how it looks. You never going to know unless you try it.

Sorry I can't be anymore help.

Btw I think your pics look AWESOME!.. you did a great job. :D

I am just going to try my idea ... take some photos and see what everyone thinks... you are totally right! you don't know till you give it a try!

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

I think you should shrink the orbs covering your ears at the sides. They look way too big in the pictures.

They looked much smaller in my tests shots ... they are really obvious with the body paint... I will detach them other dome from the ridged base and that should get them down to size

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

I think they look "bigger" with the make up on ... I think hair etc... makes them look smaller

Will see how it looks with the makeup on again ... when I have some time.

Guest Nihilus
I think they look "bigger" with the make up on ... I think hair etc... makes them look smaller

Will see how it looks with the makeup on again ... when I have some time.

You have a point.. Once the make up is on better to judge if they need anymore adjustment. :)

Beautiful progress on this costume so far. I love seeing things like this develop.

From the top....

Good choice on removing the ridged rings around the ear caps. I think that's a good improvment, both to make them look smaller, and less manufactured.

Excellent job hiding the join between the headpiece and your forehead. It looks very good.

I'd really like to see more curve at the top section of the lekku, where they come out from the back of your head. The crinkled sag of the fabric there right behind your head makes them look less natural. (It's one of the most difficult challenges when making lekku, along with giving them some curves so that they look sinuous.)

Beautiful work on the armor. It looks very good. The bikini, belt, and boots look great, too.

You'll need some extensions at the top of the gloves; like the boots/leggings go all the way to the top of the thigh armor, the black of the gloves should go all the way up to the top of the armor also.

Make the tummy tatto patterns thick and bold, not thin and delicate! (I know it's difficult to count on someone else to do those tasks, but it's something to be encouraged!)

Keep up the great work!

Pam :-)

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

I'd really like to see more curve at the top section of the lekku, where they come out from the back of your head. The crinkled sag of the fabric there right behind your head makes them look less natural. (It's one of the most difficult challenges when making lekku, along with giving them some curves so that they look sinuous.)

Make the tummy tatto patterns thick and bold, not thin and delicate! (I know it's difficult to count on someone else to do those tasks, but it's something to be encouraged!)

Cheers

After seeing the pics I have already put another stitch under the lekku to hold the curve better and to stop it folding under on itself and I have scaled up the stomach and chest tattoo stencils ... nice to see I am noticing the same things going wrong.

I will have another crack at a full paint again this week :D

Guest Anonymous

SO AWESOME!!! Great work!

I will be working on a Talon too so your thread has been quite inspirational to me!

I hope you get approved fellow Twi'lek! :D

Guest Doc-Girlfriend
SO AWESOME!!! Great work!

I will be working on a Talon too so your thread has been quite inspirational to me!

I hope you get approved fellow Twi'lek! :D

THANKS! I got approved! YAY

When I get some time I am going to do a better build thread... I changed the tattoo stencils a bit and I will change them a bit more.. so I will post them up.

Plus an armour tutorial and some of the problems I found with the body painting etc.

I really think that making something like this you should experiment and see what works, find new and better ways to do things, so I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

did I see a lightsaber photoshop tutorial somewhere??... or did I dream it ... can't find it now

MORE PHOTOS Put the photos of your aproval! pleasee!.

Kendall, share with us your secrets of bodypaint!!! :D

Airbrush and compresor that you used? the make up type and brand,

application templates? material of the templates?

Show us pictures of the process!!!! I'm crazy to see them! wiiiii! ^o^

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

I don't like my approval shots.

When we started painting it was a sunny day and then it rained and was VERY VERY overcast so there wasn't much natural light and the pictures came out all grainy! I need a professional photographer to take some proper ones!

Red is hard to photograph too, you loose a lot of contrast in the colours.

http://s1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa392/Doc-Girlfriend/talon3/

My air compressor its an atlantis mini compressor (its really old)

2012-03-03_10-34-42_580.jpg?t=1330731352

Spraygun (no brand - from Honk Kong off ebay)

2012-03-03_10-35-51_132.jpg?t=1330731353

Stencil

2012-03-03_10-36-53_424.jpg?t=1330731423

Clear plastic acetate with netting glued on so it holds the same shape while being sprayed. The larger ones are made from tablecloth protector plastic as its more flexible

2012-03-03_10-36-28_249.jpg?t=1330731574

cupcakes are SO badass! but they were out of plain clear :(