• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Talon Build

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

Hi

I am about 50% of the way through my Talon Build ATM.

I have meticulously gone through the comic book art and have pieced together the most repeated/consistent parts of her tattoo designs.

Posting them here for anyone who would like to use them. :D

chesttattoo.jpg

chest

flanktattoo.jpg

flank

hiptattoo.jpg

hip

midlowerbacktattoo.jpg

mid lower back

shouldertattoo.jpg

shoulder

stomachtattoo.jpg

stomach

upperback.jpg

upperback

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Daritha

I'm very impressed with the stencil work you did. I'm sure this not only will help you but other Talon costumers as well.

Good job! :)

Thanks for your input of tattoos. Are great!

can upload photos of your costume, please :D ?

Are you a member of legion501 already?

I have a Mara Jade costume

Guest Doc-Girlfriend
Thanks for your input of tattoos. Are great!

can upload photos of your costume, please :D ?

Are you a member of legion501 already?

I have a Mara Jade costume

Not 501st yet .... I have a Royal Guard that is almost finished ... just gotta get a visor for my helmet ... at the rate that is going I will prob have my Talon finished first :P

I will post some pics soon!

Guest Doc-Girlfriend
What is the material that you make it? It looks awesome.

What make up you think to use?

They are lycra covered by red latex and filled with a combination of polystyrene microbeads and polyester to stop the beads all settling in the bottom. The head piece is carved expanding foam with a thin layer of plaster to sand a really smooth finish ... then they are held on with a latex swimming cap to get the flush join at the forehead.

They are heavier than I would like ... but I think its the best I can do... they are too long to be any lighter or less structured. :(

As for makeup I will use water based body paint for my approval photos and then use latex paint for any troops.

Guest Doc-Girlfriend
What's the weigh?

The mine weighs 400 grams

oooo I don't know ... don't think I have any accurate scales .. I think they are around the 1/2 kilo.

Here are some pics of my headband and ear-bud domes

2012-01-29_12-58-15_453.jpg?t=1327802323

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

hahaha agreed... I like reusing stuff ... I also have solid red lenses but I think these ones are more accurate

AND ... here is my lightsaber handle ... sculpted out of silver and pewter sculpey... this goes over the electronics housing ... I need to cut a panel out so I can change the batteries etc :D

2012-02-02_21-59-41_882.jpg?t=1328180323

once put together I can add some shadowing etc

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

Bikini top is finished!

I feel kinda weird about the gratuitous boob shots .... they just look kinda freaky all close up so i took the close ups off Sorry! :P

P1010013-1.jpg

P10100172.jpg

P1010016.jpg

Made from a base of felt and cotton drill with craft foam covered in leather for the panels and the back (two kinds of leather with foam spacing) with elastic panels under the arms so I can breathe :D

OMG those sabers look fantastic! as for your top, that also looks fantastic! it's a race between you and the other girl as to who gets to be the first official Talon ^_^

^_^ Katie

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

REALLY??

I am probably going to have a crack at some approval pics this weekend :D eeeek

I have a few versions to document and see which is best.

I have thigh high boots with a concealed heel which are awesome ... but i also have shorter boots with the low heel with a faux leather extension to the thigh ... I prefer the ones with the concealed heel ... but I will try both and see which ones get the TICK of Approval :D

Try and match the boots in the art as closely as you can, there have been ladies that submitted for approval with high heeled boots. But Talon doesn't wear high heeled boots she wears flat soled boots. Post some pics of the different boots you'd like to use and we'll let you know which would be best. ^_^

^_^ Katie

Guest Anonymous

Very exciting! I've been waiting for a Talon to come across the approval queue.

The thing that always seems to bite people is the blending of the lekku into the forehead. If there's an obviously visible seam, it's a no-go.

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

yeah I know :)

The ones with the concealed heel have a completely flat sole. (but make me a bit taller which is always nice)

But the shorter ones have a low military heel (3cm) wich I think are more acurate but the extension to the thigh is clumsey ... if you know what I mean...

That was why I was going to try both and see what the verdict was.

I will pop up some pics of just the boots when I get hoem tonight and see what you think ... ideally it would be the top half of one pair and the bottom of the other CURSE YOU REALITY!

Guest Doc-Girlfriend
Very exciting! I've been waiting for a Talon to come across the approval queue.

The thing that always seems to bite people is the blending of the lekku into the forehead. If there's an obviously visible seam, it's a no-go.

yeah... eyebrow wax or spirit gum is the droids! its the stuff dragqueens hide their brows with ... hide the seam then apply facepaint :D

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

P10100342.jpg

P10100302.jpg

Here are my two shoe options...

the first pic are thigh high boots

the second pic has a more accurate heel but are just knee high with a faux leather stocking extension .... I don't think this looks as bad as I thought it would

Thoughts ???

your boots, between the 2 you have I say go with the ones that are the lower heeled ones. If you look at the reference pics for the standards;

TalonLeap.jpg

you'll see that it actually had very low heel/soles. As always try to get as close to the art as you can ^_^

for your armor, I'd like to see a pic of it held up to your body so we can judge the size ratio compared to you, other than that they look good

^_^ Katie

Guest Doc-Girlfriend
your boots, between the 2 you have I say go with the ones that are the lower heeled ones. If you look at the reference pics for the standards;

??? the ones with the riding heel or the ones with the flatsole and concealed heel ... sorry confused ... cos the ones that "look" more flat have a larger heel ??? ??? ???