• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Talon Build

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the boots with the higher actual heel are a no go (they are the ones that you have pictured first in your thread) you want to go with a flat soled boot or as close as you can get to it. just try to match the reference pic as close as you can

^_^ Katie

Guest Doc-Girlfriend
I think the armor has no curvature to fit the leg or arm, is too "straight"

you can see an example in the Courtenay's armor

675.jpg

The armour is flexible as it is made of foam and moulds around the body when worn.

Guest Doc-Girlfriend
the boots with the higher actual heel are a no go (they are the ones that you have pictured first in your thread) you want to go with a flat soled boot or as close as you can get to it. just try to match the reference pic as close as you can

^_^ Katie

Really appreciate the Help!!

Pam says me a couple of months ago (can see in my topic)

The belt armor, like the rest of the armor pieces should be a very dark silver... not a bright color, but more like gunmetal. That will make it stand out from the rest of the costume, but still give the appearance of being metallic. If the costume was black on top of black on top of black, and you wouldn't be able to see the details of the costume well.

The armor can be made out of any material that gives the correct look. It needs to be the right shape, and it needs to be rigid. There are lots of materials that can give the right look.... it's up to you to select the material, and make it look like the references! It's better to make the armor pieces out of a lightweight material, so that the pieces won't sag on your arms and legs from too much weight.

Guest Daritha

For the first time, I'm really aware of the fact that Talon is nearly naked. o.O

Anyway, your armor pieces are awesome. The metallic look, the scratches, the rivet holes. Looks very very good! :)

Guest Doc-Girlfriend

yeah... that was one of the "conservative" photos... I think the addition of Body paint will make me feel less... er... naked!

that looks amazing! and yes, Talon does where more than a Slave Leia, she actually wears panties, it's probably the flash of thigh that makes it seem like she's wearing less.

^_^ Katie

ok, I keep looking at this and after my initial reaction of "O.O" is there anyway for you to get your arm armor edges to bend down more? (it may depend on what you made it out of)

^_^ Katie

Guest Doc-Girlfriend
ok, I keep looking at this and after my initial reaction of "O.O" is there anyway for you to get your arm armor edges to bend down more? (it may depend on what you made it out of)

^_^ Katie

Yeah, Its craft foam backed with plasticard ... needs some more heating and molding

it's ok, as long as all the armor wraps around you like the references you should be good. I'm looking forward to new pics now that you've worked on it more

Guest Anonymous
HANG ON... Talon STILL wears more than Slave Leia

Yup! There have been many arguments about whether Talon should be allowed to wear a body suit for modesty purposes and that is always what I come back to personally.

It seems very naked compared to what the 501st is used to, but it's still more conservative than Slave Leia by quite a lot!

Guest Nihilus

Hey Doc-Girlfriend, think yours is about the best Darth Talon I have seen yet. Can't wait to see a pic when your fully finished it and have all the tattoos on and body paint :D

Guest Doc-Girlfriend
HANG ON... Talon STILL wears more than Slave Leia

Yup! There have been many arguments about whether Talon should be allowed to wear a body suit for modesty purposes and that is always what I come back to personally.

It seems very naked compared to what the 501st is used to, but it's still more conservative than Slave Leia by quite a lot!

yeah I started a thread on the bodysuit topic to see what people think of the idea.. my thoughts were for a rubber latex suit so it looked like skin with no seams ... but the responses have not been very supportive.

I am going to do some testing with latex leggings ... if they work out it would be good for conventions etc ... some of the cons are pretty uptight about wearing too little at least then my backside would be covered.

Guest Nihilus

Personally, I think a red latex body suit would work good. You wont have to worry applying full red body paint and have to worry about having to re do all the tattoo markings. you only have your face to worry about doing.

Guest Doc-Girlfriend
Another way you could do is red Liquid Latex Body Paint..

That is the ONLY body paint to use :D ... I was trying to cut down on the prep time and the inconsistency in the tattoos when you have someone paint you ... oh and my reliance on someone else :(

but here are my pics from today.

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg