• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Acolyte

Guest TK-7100

The combat boot idea is a good one. I use mine for my Nihilus with a piece of leather covering the laces. However, with the armor, that would provide even more cover. Good idea.

Though, with regards to the Cinematic Trailers, I think the Havok Trooper armor will be more comfortable (they are black running shoes).

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gloves he is using are Firm Grip Extreme. Unfortunately, Home Depot is out of stock in my size! (Need an XL). If anyone has other options, let me know.

_Jaster":2js13d3g]I'm still to order my armour yet, hope to in a week or so, looking forward to the next round of pics.

What are the gloves you're useing they look great. I'm also thing of going strapless.

If I can get mine all done by CVI I hope to bring it over with me, if I can spare the room in my luggage that is.

Oh and for anyone needing those 38 ammo pouches there is a someone on ebay selling them for around $10.

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Thanks for the glove info, I don't think I can get them here in Australia, I'll have to keep an eye out for some or find something similar.

Just on the gloves, I think you may have the finger armour in the wrong spot, I know thats the logical spot to have them and where I'd put them, but I've just been going over the videos again, (wish I had a dollar for each time I've done that right?) and it looks as though it sits in the middle part of the finger.

I took a screen grab of the best shot I could find so far, most others it was hard to tell.

fingerarmour.jpgfingerarmour2.jpg

You know that you're in a true costuming geek family when you happily call your husband in to show him the picture of a hand that you found, and he nods appreciatively. Ignore the red highlights, I suspect that's a lightsaber reflection.

AcolyteHandCloseup.jpg

Pam :-)

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Ah now that's much better, I just downloaded the HD versions of the cinematics and was about to go through them.

They still look to sit low but definitely on the first part, didn't like the idea of them being on the middle.

What material are you going to use for the cloak? It looks like it has a shimmy/shine trexture to it like crushed velvet.

Guest TK-7100
You know that you're in a true costuming geek family when you happily call your husband in to show him the picture of a hand that you found, and he nods appreciatively. Ignore the red highlights, I suspect that's a lightsaber reflection.

AcolyteHandCloseup.jpg

Ya I have the same pics and BW made some Looooooooooong fingers for him..lol. I placed the armor on what I took from when he bends his fingers. Me, I have short fingers :P ...but see when he bends his fingers...

Sith_Acolyte_Full_length_large.jpg

BW's CG stuff is tough to get any accurate CRL being there are so many CG mistakes and variations.

The Thumb Armor is not so easy, being it's not on the knuckle or even near it. It's actually on the "ball" of the thumb. I scrapped a couple of prototypes being they just didn't look right. This build is far from easy. :roll:

You're doing an incredible job. Keep up the good work!

AcolyteHandCloseup.jpg

Ya I have the same pics and BW made some Looooooooooong fingers for him..lol. I placed the armor on what I took from when he bends his fingers. Me, I have short fingers :P ...but see when he bends his fingers...

Sith_Acolyte_Full_length_large.jpg

BW's CG stuff is tough to get any accurate CRL being there are so many CG mistakes and variations.

The Thumb Armor is not so easy, being it's not on the knuckle or even near it. It's actually on the "ball" of the thumb. I scrapped a couple of prototypes being they just didn't look right. This build is far from easy. :roll:

Guest TK-7100

Ok...only a test fit...but I scrapped the jumpsuit idea and got a heavier Lycra undersuit. And found a way to get the magnets to work. I still have to close the gap between the chest and the ab plate, but once I fix the magnets in place, then it'll be good to go. (don't laugh! lol...just a test fit.)

DSCN1869.jpg

With cloak...and neck seal (Thx Darman - TK-9356 !!)

DSCN1874.jpg

Wife is sewing "Vader" arms into the suit (I can't post the HD pic of the Acolyte's arm...but it's 100% Vader unsersuit arms). Then I'll attach the elbow armor...then going to test fit my (once again new) thumb armor. Then two magnets will also hold the cloak/hood to the undersuit (neck area), and once I pull the first mask, there will be a magnet at the very top of the mask and on the top of the hood so the hood will always stay fixed to the mask. (won't blow off in the wind, etc.). Also, boot armor will be fit after everything is set and completly fitted.

So far....there is NO way to get suited without a handler..lol

More to come...I'm tired...lol

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Looking good mate, definitely need some type of abb plate or something.

The Vader arms are the quilted or lined leather used with the Vader costume, the leg have a similar style to them but look more fabric than leather.

Guest MRJEDI21

That suit looks so awesome. I definately want one now. I have the mask and that is it so far. It is really hard to see in the pictures what that ab armor is or if it is really ab armor. I would go with some sort of grey soft armor for the ab section.

Kenny

Guest TK-7100
_Jaster":251b3qjt]Looking good mate, definitely need some type of abb plate or something.

The Vader arms are the quilted or lined leather used with the Vader costume, the leg have a similar style to them but look more fabric than leather.

Ya. I actually had a flight suit modified to work with an accurate sewn AB, but just today I used a new heavier Lyrca undersuit. This is working A LOT better. But the undersuit will be modified once I get a final fit and the rest of the armor attached. Your normal TK undersuit...no way you can use it. WAY too thin. So I'm going to mod this suit ...but first things first. lol The test fit worked good minus not attaching any of the AB armor and chest...so it was falling down while I was getting the pics done lol.

And you're 100% right. The Acolyte has "Vader" arms (black ribbed) arms. I can't sew myself out of a paper bag, so Wifey is almost done with those, then she'll attach them to the the undersuit.

Stil a TON more to do. This suit is never ending.... :roll:

This was just a rough fit, but so far.....everything is proceeding as I have foreseen... :twisted:

More to come very soon.

_Jaster":va29hlv0]For anyone after the Firm Grip Extreme you can get them from their web site http://www.bigtimeproducts.net but under True Grip Etreme, I compared to two and couldn't see a difference.

Good find, although these don't seem to be available in my size either (XL). After a lot of looking, I was just thinking of using the gloves on trooperbay. http://trooperbay.com/accurate-stormtro ... ex-gloves/

I know they don't have the pads on the knuckles, but they seem to be the correct slickness/tightness. Anyone with other glove suggestions?

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Yeah I'm taking a bit of a gamble, I'd like to have XL but I'll try my luck, if not I can always sell them to someone.

Those trooperbay gloves I think are the same ones one of my guys uses for his TK, they look just like black dish washing gloves but for $6 you cant go wrong.

I got on photoshop and took a few measurments for the robe trim on the sleves, for the red hem/seam whatever I got 3cm with 5cm gap and 1.5cm thin red detail line.

I'm going to use a slightly deeper red probably more a Burgundy colour.

_Jaster":18j32fkf]I was just going to use this Jedi Robe tutorial and modify it a bit, shorten the sleeves etc.

What sort of material you going to use?

Thanks for the quick reply!

I got some black curtains with a waffle weave pattern. I think they are about 60-40 poly-cotton blend.

For the robe, does it matter that we have different pieces joined by seams? I thought I may have seen something somewhere about not having too many seams....

Guest TK-7100
_Jaster":1rwgnddc]I was just going to use this Jedi Robe tutorial and modify it a bit, shorten the sleeves etc.

What sort of material you going to use?

Thanks for the quick reply!

I got some black curtains with a waffle weave pattern. I think they are about 60-40 poly-cotton blend.

For the robe, does it matter that we have different pieces joined by seams? I thought I may have seen something somewhere about not having too many seams....

Issue my Wifey had to overcome. She made everything (even the hood) with minimal seams. I think she has 3 total. But we went off of the Sith Lord Detach and used the Emperor tutorial on that.

on a side note...just did more pulls. Boot armor is waiting to dry and clear coated and ....

NEW Elbows ...and they pulled great! Almost ready to pull the mask. But that's last. I'll have this suit done and ready by 3/10 for our Ft. Laud St. Patty Parade. Can't wait!! :D

DSCN1967.jpg

DSCN1969.jpg

_Jaster":2d5irdrl]

Issue my Wifey had to overcome. She made everything (even the hood) with minimal seams. I think she has 3 total. But we went off of the Sith Lord Detach and used the Emperor tutorial on that.

on a side note...just did more pulls. Boot armor is waiting to dry and clear coated and ....

NEW Elbows ...and they pulled great! Almost ready to pull the mask. But that's last. I'll have this suit done and ready by 3/10 for our Ft. Laud St. Patty Parade. Can't wait!! :D

DSCN1967.jpg

DSCN1969.jpg

That's so awesome TK7100! I can't wait to see how it turns out, and I'm sure everyone at the parade will be excited to see your Acolyte.

Let me know as soon as you're ready to make sets to sell-- I can't wait!

Guest TK-7100
... and while we are talking fabric, can anyone give me help on the Vader Arms? (type of material, pattern, etc.) Thanks!

Hmm...don't really know about a pattern. Usally the Vader suits are premade to order, but my Wife is sewing them into the arms of my suit. Now from the HD pics I received, the Jedi are using exact Vader (that black glossy material), but the Sith are using a "matte" black ribbed look (no, doesn't make sence at all...should be the other way around). So she's using the same concept of the arms in the vest of my Biker Scout. I'll post pics when I update the rest of my progress. I hope that helps some.

Side note....I think the Sith should have that same black gloss Vader arm look, but I'm going after the actual Bioware images I have. I don't know how a CRL would handle this, but personally ... I think the Sith should have that "gloss" arm look. Now, I'm sticking to "matte" because I really didn't want to have any varriation from the pics.....but I'm still tempted to change my arms... :roll:

... and while we are talking fabric, can anyone give me help on the Vader Arms? (type of material, pattern, etc.) Thanks!

Hmm...don't really know about a pattern. Usally the Vader suits are premade to order, but my Wife is sewing them into the arms of my suit. Now from the HD pics I received, the Jedi are using exact Vader (that black glossy material), but the Sith are using a "matte" black ribbed look (no, doesn't make sence at all...should be the other way around). So she's using the same concept of the arms in the vest of my Biker Scout. I'll post pics when I update the rest of my progress. I hope that helps some.

Side note....I think the Sith should have that same black gloss Vader arm look, but I'm going after the actual Bioware images I have. I don't know how a CRL would handle this, but personally ... I think the Sith should have that "gloss" arm look. Now, I'm sticking to "matte" because I really didn't want to have any varriation from the pics.....but I'm still tempted to change my arms... :roll:

Thanks Christopher! I am sure the pics will help a lot.

On another note, I was wondering if you think it will be required to remove the right-center and left-center boxes from the AB piece to get 501 approval? I am definitely nervous about messing up on this item. I know there isn't a CRL written yet, so I am just asking for your opinion.