• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Acolyte

Guest TK-7100

Guest TK-7100

Well..I'm taking a break from troopers...(well kinda.. :) )...so fricken excited about SWTOR coming out that I'm builing a Sith Acolyte.

SithWarrior.jpg

And they're kinda like troopers being there are TONS of them in TOR. I just love the armor and the mask...they're just so awesome! :evil:

SithWarrior4.jpg

Now they are using the SAME exact armor as the Jedi (with "small" mods), so Kev is sending me his TOR armor http://www.imperialsurplus.com/orjedi.html, and I'll have my Wife sew up a black robe.

I just began prop making again...and I'm loving it!! :D The guy from My Wicked Armor made a nice mask so it's the only large pic I could find for reference. So I used a plastic halloween hockey mask as a place holder and I just finished the "skeleton". Once I cure it, then a lot of bondo, finish the dome, some details, then a plaster positive and I'll start to vacumm form some masks. I'm gonna use .125 ABS and I'll make them smooth so it will let others make their own designs being there are a million of these Sith Troopers and all of their masks are different.

Here's the skelly ...can't wait to finish! :)

DSCN1618.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v630/ ... e%20Build/

Whata guys think? I hope the 501st will eventualy approve these guys. It would be like having TK's...these are the "trooper" (so to speak) of the Sith. Plus they're just fricken bad ass! :evil:

Also...props to Takamatsu for an awesoem build! You inspired me!! :D

I'll update more as I go.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to theflagship.

Thanks for the shout out, I take it as a huge compliment that you say that I've inspired you. I'm a complete novice when it comes to building costumes and this is the first costume that I've ever had a real proper go at (I've made halloween costumes etc in the past though). I originally made this costume for Halloween 2009 but keep coming back to try and improve it when I get the time (I really do wish I had more time to devote to this but real life often gets in the way).

As you've probably seen I have a wearable version of this costume already but I still have many things that I'd like to improve on. And like you say it would be great if it becomes a 501st troopable character as the small level of customisation on the mask details would add individuality without straying from the character's canon (canonicity?). I'll be updating my thread on this character whenever I've made any real progress.

Guest TK-7100

I haven't updated in a bit being I got pretty sick over the holidays. So now that I'm back up, here's what I have so far.

This is the link to the pics I'll post step by step.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v630/ ... e%20Build/

Waaaaay too much topost....but I LOVE the way the hands came out... (my fav part..lol)

DSCN1786.jpg

DSCN1788.jpg

basic finished armor ..

chest

DSCN1713.jpg

Shoulders ...shins...thighs...arms

DSCN1751.jpg

And molds made for the Boot armor... belt buckle...and elbow....and I'll pull the ABS on the boots soon, and just finished the belt buckle.

DSCN1756.jpg

More to come soon ...

Guest MRJEDI21

I'm definitely thinking of doing this outfit as well. I already have the mask. From the pictures it looks like all the Sith Acolytes have silver armored fingertips as well. Definitely something silver on their fingers tips.

Guest TK-7100

The cod will be done in a day or so. Pics to come. :)

And the armor on the fingers, I'm casting those in resin. I just finished the finger armor and the "spike" parts for the tops of the forarm armor.

More pics coming. :)

Might I suggest doing the spikes out of latex or foam for safety reasons? Or, at least, rounding the tips a little more or dulling them. I know a couple of custom Mandos with spikes who have accidentally moved an arm and caught someone. If you had better visibility, it wouldn't be a problem, but helmeted/masked costumes do suffer from lack of sight.

Guest TK-7100
Might I suggest doing the spikes out of latex or foam for safety reasons? Or, at least, rounding the tips a little more or dulling them. I know a couple of custom Mandos with spikes who have accidentally moved an arm and caught someone. If you had better visibility, it wouldn't be a problem, but helmeted/masked costumes do suffer from lack of sight.

Did just that. Doesn't show it much in the pic, but thought the same thing. I rounded the tips and the edges. Having so many suits and done many troops, I don't want to use any rubber (although I did think of that)...so I just rounded the spikes. The only issue regarless is they are right on your hands. Eek! lol. So I'll see how it goes. :D

Guest TK-7100

Update ...

Just pulled the belt buckle...and got the strap in it.

DSCN1825.jpg

Butt - (I used the butt from one of my old MG clones. I reshaped it and looks pretty good.)

DSCN1830.jpg

Finished

DSCN1834.jpg

AB - Removed the center boxes and kept the outter 2 boxes to mount the real pouches. Kept the center block to mount the beckle.

DSCN1831.jpg

Finished AB and buckle mounted.

DSCN1837.jpg

Usd a 38 ammo pouch (looks identical! yay! :) ) and split them and now to mount them.

DSCN1838.jpg

DSCN1839.jpg

Finished... (my kid HAD to get in the pic... :roll: )

DSCN1843.jpg

more to come ...

Guest TK-7100

Almost forgot .. the finger armor .. finished the positive...then going to cast 10...and do 1 master mold for all 10.

DSCN1835.jpg

I'll load the thumb armor pics in a bit

awesome job! those look great. My only question is are your spikes hard or soft? just asking cause I'm imagining a worst case scenario were you turn and catch a kid you can't see (heaven forbid this ever happens) lesser would be you scratching yourself or a fellow costumer.

^_^ Katie

Guest TK-7100

Hard. Made out of .125 ABS double sheeted. I rounded the points, but I'm already expecting the worst. I've bumped into enough kids with blasters and all...so I plan on keeping my distance..lol. So saber will be held high...and I'll have a handler with me during toops. Small price to pay for accuracy.

Guest MRJEDI21

that finger armor looks awesome. When I finish my other costume I might come to you to get some of those molds for my Sith acolyte costume.

Kenny

Guest TK-7100

Absolutley! I'm actually going to make a "kit" being I know some of this stuff is so time consuming. And I already made extras in case anyone needs.

Now, still working on other parts...but I made a "thingy"...I have no clue what the "thingy" is...but I made one..lol

SithWarrior3-1.jpg

And start to finish..

(positive)

DSCN1854.jpg

(1st cast)

DSCN1857.jpg

DSCN1858.jpg

Mounted! (and I fricken scratched it already ...right on the front! Grr....but I guess it's gonna get scracted up any way..)

DSCN1863.jpg

DSCN1864.jpg

Guest TK-7100
This is looking great so far. Makes me realise how poor my attempt was (I'm still glad you said I inspired you to start this project though :wink: )

No way man! Don't say that! Especially your mask...it's fricken awesome! And you did...100%! I hope this inspires others to so Sith. :twisted: I'd love to see a bunch of us at SWW ...or DC...or C6. These guys are just bad arse! I know theres someone worlking on a Malgus...I'd love to troop side-by-side to him. Whata great op that would make. :D

Guest MRJEDI21

In the picture those things don't really look silver or they are at least a lighter silver than the rest of the suit. However that is an awesome thingy that you created. Probably a smoke or shrapnel grenade.

Kenny

Guest TK-7100

I have a few pics of it and it matches to the rest of armor color. It's how I got the design of the "thingy". The CG thingy is sooo annoying especially with color.

Here's an example. I followed this guy frame by frame in the vid, and his suit is "metal" ...but look at this pic...

SithWarrior19.jpg

Black?? ... ugghhh.... Doesn't make it easy I'll tell ya... This is the one reason I put a very high gloss clear coat on the armor. Depending on lighting on where you are...the reflection will change and so will the overall color. Plus if you look at the flash mob video, their whole suit is that "metal" (although horrible looking....) Metal (silver) none the less.

I also have pics of the Jedi's "thingy" and it's a full cylinder. Totaly different then the Sith one. I still think it's funny how BW used the same armor as the Jedi and Sith, but with slight changes. Regardless...The Sith look way better! :twisted: ha!

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

WOW that looks amazing mate, I want to do one myself just been doing some research when I came accross your thread.

If you have any spares of the finger armour, the "Thingy", belt buckles etc etc... I'd gladly buy a set off of you.

With the Armour colour, I alway pictured it as a sort of Black Chrome Like this or a Gun Metal like this, though I'm leaning toward the Black Chrome.

It kind of reminds me of the Cardon-Fiber Stormtrooper pics getting around a few months back.

What are you planing to use for the undersuit? Are you just going with a black version of what the TOR Jedi guys are wearing.

I haven't been able to get any good referance for what the boots look like apart from what Malgus has, are you going with something similar or just some plain black pull-on boots?

Keep up the good work mate.

Guest TK-7100
_Jaster":2e5maygw]WOW that looks amazing mate, I want to do one myself just been doing some research when I came accross your thread.

If you have any spares of the finger armour, the "Thingy", belt buckles etc etc... I'd gladly buy a set off of you.

With the Armour colour, I alway pictured it as a sort of Black Chrome Like this or a Gun Metal like this, though I'm leaning toward the Black Chrome.

It kind of reminds me of the Cardon-Fiber Stormtrooper pics getting around a few months back.

What are you planing to use for the undersuit? Are you just going with a black version of what the TOR Jedi guys are wearing.

I haven't been able to get any good referance for what the boots look like apart from what Malgus has, are you going with something similar or just some plain black pull-on boots?

Keep up the good work mate.

Ty :)

As for the color, I'm using just a straight "metal". It's the lighting and position (which is why I clear coated the armor) that gives it an "off color".

830px-SithWarrior-TORHope.jpg

And I guess as far as BW is concerned (the creators) they are suposed to be all "metal" ...

(even though the 501st will trump their armor 10 fold.. :) )

The undersuit, I'm using a flight suit that my Wife is tailoring a bit slimer on me and the arms are having "Vader" arms sewn in.

SithWarrior21.jpg

You can also see this on both the Sith and the Jedi. But i need a flightsuit being a normal undersuit will not hold all of the armor up that way I need it to. I'm making every peice strapless. Even with magnets, a normal (or even heavier lyrica) undersuit did not hold up. Now if you plan on using any straps to hold up the legs and chest...etc...then an undersuit will work good.

My boots, I'm trying to capture this...

SithWarrior23.jpg

SithWarrior26.jpg

So I'm using my black combat boots and with the armor covering it, they looked perfect! Plus they're comfy :) ...being I'm planing on taking my suit to SWW and C6 etc...

hope this helps. I have other pics that I'm not allowed to post, but they have been the ultimate deciding factor in ..what color to paint the armor, look of certain items and really what direction I'm taking. Tomorrow is my 6th test fit. Still more work to do to the jumpsuit, but I'll post pics once I take more.

GL with your build!! I hope more jump on!! I would love to one day see an army of us in a march. :twisted:

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

I'm still to order my armour yet, hope to in a week or so, looking forward to the next round of pics.

What are the gloves you're useing they look great. I'm also thing of going strapless.

If I can get mine all done by CVI I hope to bring it over with me, if I can spare the room in my luggage that is.

Oh and for anyone needing those 38 ammo pouches there is a someone on ebay selling them for around $10.