• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

CW Nightsisters

Guest sithgirl40

Guest sithgirl40

paint_test.jpg

So I finally got a hold of some airbrush paint. I mixed white and very little back to make the gray. However, I seem to have a coverage problem with the bend of the arm and fingers.

Any one have a resolution to this?

Or should I look around the other painted character threads??

If I can figure this out, and rebuild the obi like belt...I finally plan to take photos to submit to the 501st.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For areas of skin that have a lot of movement or rubbing, such as the inside of the elbow, I tend to use a cream base makeup. It usually provides excellent coverage, but also the ability to move and bend much better then water based paints. Just note that all cream base makeup require powdering to set properly. That being said, Kryolan and Mehron make very good body paint that has a mixture of glycerine in it to give it the elasticity to bend with the skin. In either case, with cream or water base makeup, you will need to blend it to match the airbrush paint. Also keep in mind an good sealer over top of the makeup will help it stay put if rubbing is a concern, especially areas of the skin that come in contact with fabric.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Nef

Guest sithgirl40

Had another problem...

My finger paint kept coming off on my bow. Keep in mind i did blend alcohol based airbrush and normal creme based set with powder and selant spray.

But i did drive a bit before ...

Did tbe mix of paints cause the rubbing off?

Or is there something special i need to do to the bow?

Thanks!