• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

New Future Potential Darth Revan

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey guys and gals,

Thought I would do a little intro just so you know who I am and what I intend to do :) . Names Colin, and I'm from the Australian Garrison the SCG (Southern Cross Garrison) and I have recently invested in a set of Darth Revan armour made by Rob from My Wicked Armor.

Yes I know its not a ready to troop kit, so never fail, i will work on it. I will at times ask for help cause i dont like looking stupid, but if i ask a stupid question feel free to laugh..

My starting point with the legion could be none other than a stromtrooper, then i decided to elevate it to a Sandy and now its time to join the ranks of the Sith Lords.

Look forward to hearing from ya's and any and all advice will be taken in, provided its not scornful.. But dont hold back on the scorn..

Cheers,

Colin.

Guest Anonymous

I have a quick and i hope simple question. With my mask (My Wicked Armor) i was thinking about changing the visor. The crl states "The eyeslit should be filled with a lense that is dark enough to obscure the eyes behind it." So was curious as to whether it has to be black or whether a reflective lens may be used?

Guest Anonymous

If you still want it to be darker you could always go to a store where they might sell black film, likr what is used on spotlights to get another colour, and just put a layer or two behind the visor you got now.

Guest Anonymous

I was just thinking outside the box :)

Nothing wrong with my current lens, just thought the reflective lens would look sweet.. But thank you for the responses..

We are Sith, and we deal only in absolutes! There will be absolutely no thinking outside of the box, unless you are creating a new cookie recipe!

Your avatar is quite riveting... I keep catching myself watching it, even when I've seen it all the way through several times over.

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

I actually have a really good cookie recipe now that you mention it..

As for my avatar i cant control it, its off in its own little box..

Guest Anonymous

I have been very slow in piecing together my outfit due to reason best left untouched but now im in search of a reasonably price and suitable boots. Any advice appreciated, although i have found a couple of types.

Option 1

http://www.horseland.com.au/dublin-universal-tall-boots.html

Option 2

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260746672307&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Option 3

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110638205816&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks in advance!!

Hi,

Revan has high, bulky boots, so ankle boots and/or Western cowyboy style boots with pointed toes won't work. I would suggest looking into engineer style boots... something at least calf high with a square toe look to them.

normal_WebRevanSide2.jpg

normal_revan_boot_detail.jpg

I think the boots are always the hardest part to find for any costume!

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Yea i completely feel your struggle trying to find boots. I did find one pair on ebay that is close but i worry about the strap and the zipper, As you can see in the link below they are close but i think i would need to cut off that strap near the heel and maybe cover up the zipper somehow.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GUIDE-GEAR-15-MOTOR ... 687wt_1139

Of course i would defer to what someone with an approved Revan says when it comes to boots, i am just starting my research into revan.

Yea i completely feel your struggle trying to find boots. I did find one pair on ebay that is close but i worry about the strap and the zipper, As you can see in the link below they are close but i think i would need to cut off that strap near the heel and maybe cover up the zipper somehow.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GUIDE-GEAR-15-MOTOR ... 687wt_1139

Of course i would defer to what someone with an approved Revan says when it comes to boots, i am just starting my research into revan.

I'm definitely not a revan master, but I do know those boots :-). The straps are pretty easy to remove. Use a sharp utility knife and slowly snip the stitches back to the cross stitch and then slowly slice through the straps themselves. Both the ankle straps and upper straps can be removed.

Guest Anonymous

I'm definitely not a revan master, but I do know those boots :-). The straps are pretty easy to remove. Use a sharp utility knife and slowly snip the stitches back to the cross stitch and then slowly slice through the straps themselves. Both the ankle straps and upper straps can be removed.

How did you handle the zipper? or is it really not that noticeable when all suited up?

How did you handle the zipper? or is it really not that noticeable when all suited up?

I left the zipper alone. Once you're suited up, it's not going to be all that noticeable at all.

Guest Anonymous

hmm well that really sounds like a recommendation on those boots, hopefully ill hear back from one of my Local GML Team or another EU member before making the decision to buy them. I like them, but i personally hate to spend money on an item that doesn't end up working out you know?

THESE are what I use for my RFT and upcoming X-Wing/TI/IC. They aren't expensive and stand up really well in parades. I have been using the set for my RFT for over two years and have marched in about 50 miles of parades (two that were 5-miles long). Get some good in-soles and cut the lower strap off. Possibly, use a firearm bluing on the upper buckle.

Guest Anonymous

I think i may use your referral there and look further into those boots. I cant gear up for 6weeks due to have a full cast on so gives me time to source boots then get shots taken..

Guest Anonymous

Ok so i finally got around to kitting up with my Revan at a convention in Sydney.. Havnt got approval pics just yet but thought i would see what you guys thought of it.. Excuse the femtrooper, she is there to make me look better..

264208_10150339541524148_684204147_9896564_4646545_n.jpg