• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Starkiller: Concept Sith Robes vs. Training Gear - TIE Factory vs. Dark Lord's Armor

darth cipher

Hello. Regardless of any affinity I might have with other characters in the Star Wars universe, I always seem to default back to Starkiller. I remember playing TFU as a kid but stopped because of other responsibilities. Now I'm back and want to finally start this journey.

I already have his saber and would love to use it properly. Looking through TFE, getting the saber is one of the easier things to do :D

My dilemma is that I normally shave my hair. Growing it back takes time and the color is black, more than dark brown. I don't mind shaving facial hair to simulate Galek Marek's clean look but the color is where I have issues of changing because of work. This is why the Sith Robes is a bit more appealing to me since the face is covered but one other reason why I am drawn to the Training Gear is because I want to maintain mobility. Trooping with Revan is amazing but I want to be able to run, jump, maybe even duel and not have to worry about a piece of the armor falling off :D

My question to those of you who have approved Starkiller costumes:

1) How strict is the "dark brown" hair for approval? I realize this must be more of a @DarthValkyria question.

2) If #1 is a permanent roadblock, how much harder is it to build the Concept Sith Robes one? Is it easier or harder than building the TIE Factory costume?

3) Where do I even start? The whole process seems overwhelming and any guidance would be incredibly appreciated.

4) I would LOVE to build the Dark Lord's Armor but same as #3. I don't know where to start. I imagine this might be a future project once I've completed a 1st build... Unless someone can point me in the right direction then maybe I can jump on this instead.

Thank you everyone!

Honestly, if it is a little darker it isn't much issue in my mind. If it's super dark, you can even get some temporary hair wax in brown to make it lighter without commitment, and it washes out easy.

• Like 1