• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Congratulations to Pam - RL Costumer of the Year

Koda Vonnor

If you didn't know, Pam Simpson has garnered the most votes in the 2009 Rebel Legion Costumer of the Year. She won 38 votes out of 146 cast. The next closest took 29.

Quite well deserved in my opinion. I'll go as far as to say it was a no-brainer. 8)

Well done Pam!

~ Bill Costigan

Guest Stiltlady

Was not surprised to read about this - But still - CONGRATULTIONS Pam !!!! Your time , effort , and attention to detail is noticed and recognized by your peers, AWESOME FOR YOU!!!

Maybe next year I'll be ready to give you a run for your money;)

Thank you again, everyone. I think out of all of the different contests and awards that can be found in the costuming communities and conventions, this is the one that would have the most meaning to me, so I'm deeply appreciative that it's the one that I was given. Sometimes I feel a bit frustrated that I don't get to finish my own costumes because I spend so much of my free time helping other people finish theirs instead. In the end that given time (and my pile of unfinished costumes) really is worth it, though, because it means a lot more to me to be known as a helpful person, instead of just being known as someone who makes costumes. This award has made me feel really good about what I do with my time. It's worth it.

(For those of you who might be unaware of the Rebel Legion Costumer award, it's not about the costumes you've made for yourself... it's meant for someone who has helped others with their costumes, and worked to advance RL costuming in general.)

Thanks again,

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Felicitaciones / Congratulations Pam!

From what I've heard of you, you are one of the best, if not the best, in this thing of making costumes and help others to finish them.

Your fame transcends borders, I knew of your great work even before of I propose to make a costume for myself! And I must add that I am from Costa Rica. :wink: