• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Sith Emperor

Trachta

Hi everyone, I'm interested in building the Sith Emperor from Swtor.  It's a costume that I've been thinking about doing for a couple of years now.

Reference Images:

7UCog7r.png

e4PYmcr.png

toth8gY.png

9V7gMem.png

xznYFhp.jpg

qF1SaE9.jpg

rRMJVsl.jpg

wRQSuvC.jpg

d4JMgpc.jpg

q5F8WqJ.jpg

Images of the ghostly magus mask (same as the emperors):

h3fCuo2.jpg

E1qMkge.png

M0aosvV.jpg

Progress pictures:

I commissioned an awesome 3d modeler to make the mask for me, which I will 3d print.

This is what he has done so far:

O6u8p0e.jpg

I found the robes to be primarily black with a dark grey in some areas and the robe composes of 3 primary pieces, being the outer robe, inner robe and inner inner robe.

Outer Robe medium - heavy material,  I was possibly looking at a charcoal black suede or leather for the dark grey parts and a medium weight fabric for the black..:

WSj9a6L.jpg

Inner Robe Directly underneath the outer robe, medium weight black:

xgys5vQ.jpg

Inner Inner Robe directly under inner robe medium weight black and dark black leather panels:

021F903.jpg

There's an inner jacket with a seam and 2 buttons on the sides (both sides)  

VUOxnQ2.jpg

cRWfro0.jpg

Gorget will be 3d printed:

bAmuL8M.jpg

I have been looking at some medium weight black fabrics to use for the robes and charcoal black/grey suede for the dark grey bits.  The hard pieces will also be 3d printed.  I've been toying with the possibility of using suede fabric for everything.

Edited by Trachta

Ordered my fabrics today, I'm going to use a Black gabardine and double layer it, also thanks to a second opinion, the tabards  that extend onto the outer robe are actually black leather that is lightened by the light.  The reasoning behind this came from the in game photos showing the leather like parts to be completely black.

9V7gMem.png

toth8gY.png

Also I am going to start 3d printing the head piece tonight or tomorrow.