• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

New member trying to figure out how this works

Hello everyone, I'm a hopeful member from Auburn Hills, MI. I've been wanting to join the 501st for roughly seven years, and I'm excited to finally have a chance. I'm not sure how to go about getting the outfit I'm looking for, or anything else regarding membership. I don't have a TKID yet, I wasn't sure if I give myself one or if I'm given one, but I'm still in the early stages of my application. Could someone assist me in trying to figure out how to get the outfit for an Imperial Knight?

KB Props on Facebook is actually where you wanna look for Imperial Knight armor.

As Far as the soft parts go, you're probably going to have to make them yourself as I don't believe any one makes them specifically for the IK. Per the CRLs (link below), you CAN use a Vader undersuit as it has the quilted sleeves, but you will still need to add the tabards to it.

Imperial Knight CRLs:

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TR_Imperial_Knight

Like Chris said, soft parts are tough to find. I wound up making mine, myself. But, the easiest way to meet the CRLs is, as Chris said, using a Vader undersuit and adding the tabbards (most I have seen go this route just attach them to the back of the belt). I'm not 100% on how the Vader top is made, but you may have to add the ribbed collar to fit the bill based on the images available.