• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Finally some Progress... need advice!

tk6232

More progress... seems I only get a chance to work on Ventress every six months or so. Might very well be the longest Ventress build thread in existance??

Anyway, I've redone the belts, because the last ones were a wee bit ordinary.

I've also re-sewn the stripes on the shirt, and neatened the neckbrace.

I haven't re-done the makeup for these shots, as I was just too impatient! I'm hoping to have these submitted very shortly, so any feedback would be most appreciated!

randoms%20219.jpg

randoms%20226.jpg

randoms-224.jpg

randoms-225.jpg

randoms-227.png

This is really coming along nicely!

The amount of work you have put into your costume since posting the previous pics last June is clearly evident. The addition of the horizontal seam details to the front of the shirt looks great, and the skirt looks much better now that some fullness has been added. The belts are also improved and look more like the reference images. Good work so far!

There are only a few things I would suggest improving that would push this into realm of great and 501st approvable:

- the collar (neckbrace) still needs work. As per the CRL: "The edges of the collar are connected to the shirt, and do not hang loosely." IMHO, any Ventress collar that is not connected to the shirt at the edges detracts from the polished look the costume should have. It really should be attached to look right as per the reference images. I think you could either sew the outer edge of the existing collar to the shirt, or remove the last outer "band" and then sew that down.

- the verticle bar in the belt buckle should be completely hidden by the belts. With the bar showing, it makes the buckle look oversized and out of proportion, even though I think it is actually the appropriate size. Perhaps some modification can be made to the width of the belts where they come through the buckle?

- the addition of horizontal seams to the forearm wraps, as seen in the reference images.

The reference images I'm referring to are here:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1220

http://www.501st.com/crl/SL_CRL/SL109_A ... dex109.php

Hope this helps! Looking forward to another Ventress being added to the ranks :D

Looking good, nice to see your progress. :)

Be sure and not forget the smaller silver O-Rings on either side of the belt.

#7. http://www.501st.com/crl/SL_CRL/SL109_A ... dex109.php

Thanks for the feedback guys,

Re: Neck-seal

Point taken. This has been sitting in my drawer for the last 6 months, so it probably could have done with a good ironing to make it lie flat. I can stitch some velcro to it, if required.

Re: Beltbuckle:

The vertical cross piece is actually darkened a fair bit, and it's only the flash-bounce which highlights it in the photos. To avoid this, I've coated it in thick plastic shrink-wrap stuff, which works better than the paint. The CRL belt-buckle actually has the vertical showing... not sure if this could be altered?

Re: Vambraces:

There's nothing in the CRL about seams - although some of the reference images have them. Should this be corrected on the CRL?

Re: O-rings:

I knew I forgot something. Added.

newbelt.png

By the by, has everybody caught the latest episode of Clone Wars? (S.03 E.12?)

Our girl has a starring role, and she looks gorgeous!

2011-01-12_215343.png