• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My new Secret Apprentice Build. Ultimate Sith Edition

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Here is my work thus far on the USE Starkiller costume. More pics as the work develops. Input is ALWAYS appreciated so please feel free to advise.

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20090.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Thank you all kindly for the encouraging praise. I appreciate it. I just found a vendor that can make the long gauntlet gloves for me in a special order size so Im excited about moving forward on the bracers portion of the costume.

Hopefully, I will be able to work on the shoulder pieces in the next week or so and post some pics of that. I am having good luck so far making everything out of Komatex (sintra) so hopefully I can use the same material for the shoulders. Im almost done with the back detail and am just waiting on the red LED light to install.

Again, thanks for the interest. Im hoping to have this puppy ready by SDCC in July!

Guest Anonymous

Me too....

i want to see how its' going and how it'll be at the end...

i'm really interested in this version of starkiller...

and maybe in the future we'll see if i 'll have the possibility to work on something like that....

Great start man!!!

Guest Anonymous

Here are some more progress pics of the back back pieces and beginning pieces for the shoulders:

IMG_0544.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Shoulders.jpg

Guest StungunMoy

Wow...I'm so excited for this. Its going to be *AMAZING* :) If its anything like your other costumes, it will be fantastic!

Guest Anonymous
Nice work, Al! What material did you use for the ribcage?

Hi Rob! I used two layers of 1/8" thick Sintra/Komatex PVC plastic. I cut out the the left and right pieces, glued the sheets together, dremeled the lengthwise grooves and heat shaped it to my gut! A little paint and weathering....And Voila!

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

Guest Anonymous
how do you plan on doing the hemet? Great work so far.

Thank you. The helmet is the only part of the armor that I cant make myself. I am getting that from an excellent friend and very talented artist, Sith Rob from Florida, www.mywickedarmor.com

Guest Anonymous

Yes, I believe so. It is going to be an exact replica of what is shown on the cover of the game box..hopefully...right Rob???

Guest Anonymous

Preliminary work on the finger claws. The metal pieces have tiny rare earth magnets inside and match up with similar magnets glued inside the glove fingers so I can take the gloves off and keep the claws attached but still allows me to remove each individual claw if I need to. So far, during initial attempts, this design works while allowing me to hold and fight with a saber, though I can only hold it with one hand. The claws are ridiculous design fluff that would NEVER work in real life!

Picture009.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Here are some more progress pics of the claws and also of the preliminary work on the skirt before I burn and tear it up! Cant wait for that, it should be fun!

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

Guest Daritha

Looks like you make good progress. The skirt looks really good so far. :)

To the claws: "One, Two Freddy's coming for you, Three, Four, better lock your door" :twisted:

Guest Anonymous

Here is the kama with the burns added in:

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Here is the undersuit I had made for me:

TSA_01.jpg

TSA_02.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Very nice so far. Mind if I ask who made the Undersuit, and what kind of a price-range they use for something like that?

Guest Anonymous
Very nice so far. Mind if I ask who made the Undersuit, and what kind of a price-range they use for something like that?

I will PM you the info for the undersuit vendor

Awesome work! My son wants me to make this costume for him, so I'll be following this thread with interest! I've already contacted Rob about the helmet. I'm still waiting to hear back from him. If you don't mind, could you PM me info. on how much he's charging you for the helmet? Any info. you can give me will be appreciated! :D I should be able to make most of the rest of the pieces myself, but the mask would be tuff! Looking forward to seeing more pics. on your progress! Again, GREAT WORK!!! :D