• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My new Secret Apprentice Build. Ultimate Sith Edition

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous
:mrgreen: Wow!!! I’m wondering went we will see all together!

Now that I have the helmet in hand, I can finish all of the shoulder pieces that have been on hold. I am rushing to have this done before san diego comicon, so hopefully I will have the pics for the final build up by mid july

Guest Anonymous

Here are some pics of the costume at about 95% completion. I am missing some details, but here are some pics of my first official dress rehearsal before SDCC and CV! The claws are a HUGE pain the A$$! The rigid plastic version reduces manual dexterity to ZERO and are just downright deadly as I scratched the hell out of my buddy's arm during saber practice! The foam version is safer but look wierd because they bend at odd angles! Anyway, enjoy the pics!

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

I need to make the lower back detail bigger to fit my long torso better!

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

FANTASTIC Job Al!!! Looking forward to seeing the completed costume at CV!!! Thanks for all the advice & help with my own build of this costume for my son! Just out of curiosity, how did you get the saber to register red in bright sunlight? Also, where did you get the other sabers? Are they scratch built, custom, store bought, or a combination of all of the above? PM me with info. if you don't mind. Again, GREAT JOB!!! 8)

Guest Anonymous
FANTASTIC Job Al!!! Looking forward to seeing the completed costume at CV!!! Thanks for all the advice & help with my own build of this costume for my son! Just out of curiosity, how did you get the saber to register red in bright sunlight? Also, where did you get the other sabers? Are they scratch built, custom, store bought, or a combination of all of the above? PM me with info. if you don't mind. Again, GREAT JOB!!! 8)

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the encouraging praise. The sabers are all custom saber hilts that I have collected over the years and each were around $200-$300 each, so Ive got more $$$ hanging off my belt than the rest of the costume value!! LOL. Two of them are park sabers and the other 2 are made by my buddy Wade at saberconcepts who I beleive I had sent you the contact info for already? The Maul saber in the back is a plastic toy that I repainted and weathered until I can get my hands on a real version of the saber. For now it looks good enough

Th saber blade is a 1" thick polycarb blade with a white nylon insert diffuser that has been painted red. You can get them from custom saber shop. They also sell colored saber blades though they are running out of those pretty fast

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Color ... -P430.aspx

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/1-Thi ... -P150.aspx

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/40-LE ... -P156.aspx

Guest Anonymous

Thanks to all for your kind and encouraging words.

I still have a few details to add. The two arm wire/conduits, the back long black conduit, boot strap details and also the neck conduit. For that long conduit in the back, is that blonde hair at the tip? It's hard to tell from the game images.

Guest Daritha
Al, I believe it's blonde, or perhaps a light tan on the hair inside the end of the back conduit piece. It is VERY hard to tell from the game, even with the close-up photos I've taken. :? Hope this helps! :D
I can second that. Maybe a very bright color like a straw blonde (or "flaxen-haired" according to dict.cc o.O).

Yeah, I'm in the thick of building this costume for my son as well! So far, I've completed the lighted box on the upper back, & am currently in the middle of HEAVY modification on the helmet. My GML is VERY impressed with my progress so far. I just wish I was farther along than I am! Speaking of that, Al, how are you coming with the last minute changes & additions before CV? Any chance we'll see pics soon? I'm salivating for an update! :D

Guest Anonymous
Yeah, I'm in the thick of building this costume for my son as well! So far, I've completed the lighted box on the upper back, & am currently in the middle of HEAVY modification on the helmet. My GML is VERY impressed with my progress so far. I just wish I was farther along than I am! Speaking of that, Al, how are you coming with the last minute changes & additions before CV? Any chance we'll see pics soon? I'm salivating for an update! :D

I should be done with the final version by next week for san diego comico so I will upload some pics the following week

Guest Anonymous

Hey bro, it was very nice to finally meet you at CV! I have a lot of pics posted on my facebook site and since we are friends, you are free to download them. I dont have any other pics besides what is posted there

Guest Anonymous

Great job, Al! I'm sorry I didn't get to see this costume at CV, but it was nice to meet you in person.

This costume and the original Sith Stalker have that blonde hairpiece hanging from the helmet. I figure it's Juno's. A memento...

Hey Sith Rob. Sorry I missed you at CV. :( Would have loved to have seen you there! Your Sith Stalker is AWESOME by the way!!! I've seen pics! Your costume & Al's have both been a HUGE inspiration to me in creating my son's! His is nearing completion, just in time for Halloween! Yeah! It's been a LONG 6 months or so creating it! The journey has been long, but ultimately rewarding! Haven't had a chance to take any decent pics yet of the completed costume. Not sure how to post pics here yet, so can't post any for now anyways. :? Later guys! Hope to see you at a future event. We just debuted my son's Sith Stalker at N.Y.C.C about a week ago. A lot of people were there taking pics. The costume went over BIG with the fans there! Unfortunately, as we were both in costume (me in Vader & my son in SL Starkiller), we didn't get any, which I was bummed about :( , but there will be other local 501st events that my son & I will be participating in soon, so I'm sure we'll get some soon! :D Who knows, maybe someone will post pics of us from N.Y.C.C on-line for me to find! I can always hope! :D