• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

New Detachment Front Page

Twi'lek Pam

Hi, everyone.

The detachment's front page has been refurbished! The goal was to provide more information about the 501st and the detachment, and to give the site a look that resembles the 501st Legion main web page. Newcomers don't always understand that the Flagship detachment is part of the 501st, so I'm hoping that a stronger visual connection will help make that clear.

There is still a bit of work to be done before I'll consider the page finished, but it's a good enough start for now. If you find any mistakes on the page, just remember that I've spent hours and hours and hours working on this darned thing, and pointing out something wrong with it might be hazardous to your health. (Just kidding! If you find a mistake, please let me know so that I can fix it!) Oh, and yes, the page was approved by the legion's webmaster; they know that we "borrowed" their look!

The featured trooper image will change each time the page is visited or refreshed, but right now the gallery folder only has five pictures in it. If you have an approved costume that is represented by the detachment, please refer to the "photos needed" thread for information on submitting pictures. It is very important that submitted photos must be large, high resolution, and well lit. Please do not add photo effects such as lightsaber blades or decorative borders. I just need a clean, high quality image. (I'm debating taking down my Visas picture... it's a bit too grainy.)

Photo submission thread (viewable by detachment members only):

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forum ... php?t=1380

And, here's the new front page:

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/

Pam :-)

Thanks Pam, it looks good and is nicely informative.

It will be nice to have some more options for the featured, though the six that are there are nice (yes, biased, guilty as charged). :)

How can we have pic of costume in the website page ?

Submit them to Pam as noted in the first post here:

Photo submission thread (viewable by detachment members only):

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forum ... php?t=1380

The front page looks great but I'm having issues uploading pictures to the gallery. Help. :D

Brita and I have wondered about that as well, is it working?

Hi,

Yup, please follow the link listed above in order to have your photo added to the featured trooper rotation on the front page.

As for the gallery, I'm guessing that you mean the detachment refrence gallery. I have not approved personal files for that gallery in a very long time. It was a nice idea when we first set things up to have a place where people could share photos of their Flagship costumes... but people quicky began taking advantage of it. They seemed to think that it was the equivalent of photobucket, and what was supposed to be a gallery of EU resources suddenly began filling up with photos of custom sabers, zombie makeup, dogs doing tricks, and somebody's super hero action figure collection. I got tired of having to police it all, so about a year ago we closed it down and changed the way things could be added. I didn't delete the old "approved costumes" gallery in case someone had linked to the pictures in one of their posts, but I think people keep seeing those old galleries and thinking that they can still add theirs, too. Nobody has used those galleries in over a year now, so I'm going to go ahead and take them down. It will reduce the confusion, I hope! Personal photos can be stored at free sites such as photobucket or flikr if you need a place to upload your photos. Reference pictures can still be added to the Flagship gallery, though. That option is still active. Hope that makes sense!

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

I understand Pam. Peeps can go sort of overboard with pictures.

I will be getting some new pictures made soon since the updates to Revan.