• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Starkiller Dark Lord Armor (Hoth)

btabc

On 7/24/2018 at 4:51 PM, btabc said:

Ok so as luck seems to have struck... I was able to get the claws and the armor for this piece!!!!  A little fixing needed to be done, but I can now set aside the EVA foam stuff and focus on the things that I need now!!!!! There really wasn't much wrong with what I got and after replacing a few of the straps, I LOVE this armor so much!!!! (more than likely found my new trooping favorite haha)

I'll be posting pics soon, but so far this is all I have left... and then the prized approval steps!!!!

Things left to work on in order from most involved to least involved...

1. the glove straps and the hoses
  2. the covers for the tops of the boots and the heel guard
  3. Attach the Lightsabers to the belt... I have mine on a quick clip system
  4. Attaching the Hair Braid to the helmet - this will be removable as I don't want this to be too heavy right now.  I must admit that threading the hair through the tubing I was expecting to be FAR more troublesome, but thankfully it wasn't too bad!

I'm so excited that this is FINALLY all I have left to do!  With this new addition, it's sped up my progress so much!

Update:

1. the glove straps and the hoses
  2. the covers for the tops of the boots and the heel guard - waiting for the strips to dry and then these'll be completed
  3. Attach the Lightsabers to the belt... I have mine on a quick clip system - Completed!
  4. Attaching the Hair Braid to the helmet - this will be removable as I don't want this to be too heavy right now.  I must admit that threading the hair through the tubing I was expecting to be FAR more troublesome, but thankfully it wasn't too bad! - completed!

On 7/27/2018 at 11:59 AM, Bogan said:

Do u have some Pictures of your Armor?

I do, yes!  I'm going to be uploading them shortly (like within the next 10 or so minutes)

On 7/27/2018 at 11:59 AM, Bogan said:

Do u have some Pictures of your Armor?

ZZhbmJl.jpg

They needed a LITTLE work.  Straps replaced and shoulders reattached, but once I got them completed:FoV6Glk.jpg

Well worth it!  I added a strap to the middle of the chest so these don't accidentally fall off.  I also have "upgraded" the battery holder on the back as it barely held onto the battery.  Overall this is one of my favorite costumes!

Also a update on what I've gotten completed:

Glove straps are all secured onto the gloves.  All I have to do now is attach the hoses and finish the tops and back of the boots... then the coveted submission photos!

I'm so looking forward to this build being completed!  It's been well over a year for this one alone, but obtaining the armor really sped things up on my end!

Looks like a Wicked Armor.

Did you orderd it?

A Year is nothing ;)

I worked for 4 Years on my Vader. And still some Things to do....

Edited by Bogan

Just now, Bogan said:

Looks like a Wicked Armor.

Did you orderd it?

I live about 30 minutes outside of Wicked Armor's location and they were having a sale a few weeks ago.  I went up there looking for some bits and pieces, but low and behold... this beaut was there!  I snagged it up and immediately began fixing it up when I got home.  I had a few people look at the armor, but no one was allowed to touch it haha.  I got these and the claws while I was at it!

Aaaaaaaawww ;)     (jelous)

I guess it is awesome to see inside Robs Workshop.

My Helmet from him acctually had a Crack in it...... :(

But yeah... try to fix it.

On 8/4/2018 at 8:35 AM, Bogan said:

Aaaaaaaawww ;)     (jelous)

I guess it is awesome to see inside Robs Workshop.

My Helmet from him acctually had a Crack in it...... :(

But yeah... try to fix it.

His shop was amazing and I felt like I wasn't in FL anymore when I saw it.  He truly is an artist and I'm eagerly looking forward to completing this costume (I'm now 90% complete) and all I have to work on now are the hoses and codpiece (as mine was a little off so I'm remaking it).

On 8/7/2018 at 11:37 AM, Bogan said:

That sounds great :)

Do u allready have some Pics of the other Pieces.?

I'm currently making sure I have the pieces correct before I go and post them as I do not want to post pictures that are incorrect, but I have some pics that I've done as test fittings so I might be able to upload a few of those! :)

On 8/7/2018 at 11:37 AM, Bogan said:

That sounds great :)

Do u allready have some Pics of the other Pieces.?

Ok so my submission was denied because of my stuff being too loose (which I think is an optical illusion), but there are some issues that I have to fix (easy to fix so I'm just waiting for my new belt to come in and then I'll have to fix the vest).  I have some questions regarding my undersuit, but I'll wait until I get better clarification.   I have 4 things that need to be fixed, 1 has been and the second is coming to me.  The other two are the more difficult ones so I'm waiting for right now.

On 8/16/2018 at 10:41 PM, btabc said:

I'm currently making sure I have the pieces correct before I go and post them as I do not want to post pictures that are incorrect, but I have some pics that I've done as test fittings so I might be able to upload a few of those! :)

No Picture is incorrect. Thats the Way a WIP works.

So everyone can give you Tips and Opinions. Iam glad i do it with every Costume. The Progress and the Learning is mutch faster then.

And Starkiller is my Fourth.

On 9/5/2018 at 6:50 PM, Bogan said:

No Picture is incorrect. Thats the Way a WIP works.

So everyone can give you Tips and Opinions. Iam glad i do it with every Costume. The Progress and the Learning is mutch faster then.

And Starkiller is my Fourth.

Good point!  I'll have to update my thread with the photos.  I have just been told that the ONLY problem now with mine is the vest... (Intended to make a new one anyways) to make it more accurate.  I'm just trying to model mine off of what other have and form it to fit myself.  I did a test run at a recent con just to see what needed fixing and the only things were the vest and the sabers on the belt (but that's an easy fix, too much weight on one saber).  It was fairly easy for me to navigate through the con and I am excited for completing this one.  This is one that I'll be perfecting through the years!

So far this will be my 3rd, but I have plans for about 2-3 more.  After those, I haven't seen too many more than have sparked my interest, but this one will be one of my favorites!

Ok... so after a long approval process (which I know is needed) I am please to introduce you to.... SL-28222!  I'm going to be asking for full thread access shortly :) 

I'll also be uploading pics soon (within this week) to show the process.  I have a V.1 vest and have ordered another one which will be my V.2 and more readily used one!

On 11/12/2018 at 6:58 PM, Bogan said:

Pictures in full Costume ?

LeTjAMi.jpg

utZElDS.jpg

D1NyO49.jpg

TZA7H0O.jpg

Here ya go :)

I was able to get an updated vest and undersuit so I'm GREATLY excited and pleased with this costume!  This is by far my top go to for now on :D